2nd Annual Texas Polk Gathering

124»

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2004
    I just checked Russ's room picture on the 2-Channel Forum, and that looks awesome.

Like I said there, we here at Polk are totally looking forward to this weekend's Polk Gathering. I have made sure that Russ is rolling in free stuff from Polk, giveaways and logo stuff, and even a pair of speakers to give away!

I hope that everone can make it.

It's going to be a great weekend.

Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2004
    Thanks Micah, I just made an all-call post too. I'd like to get at least 4 or 5 more warm bodies here.

Directions will go out THIS AFTERNOON.

-Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2004
    Who all's showing up Friday?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Hoosier (Russ), Dorokomoron (Mark), Tour2ma (Bruce), and I think Jdhdiggs (James).

-Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2004
    I know that Hoosier21 and myself will be arriving early, provided the planes don't get hijacked.

Hey you finally spelled my name right :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2004
    I don't understand why nobody is hopping hard on this bus.

What other company could inspire you to get together for an afternoon and play? Plus, what other company would send six boxes of free **** for you to play with? AND have one of the company's oldsters drop in to chat about the products?

Ah, everyone who's dropping out of this gathering is missing out.

Plus, Russ is right. Six people = no drawing for the free RTi6's. Fifteen people, now there's a legit drawing.

Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • wallstreet
    edited January 2004
    Just go ahead and paste my name on those speakers. Brahahahahaha! I'll be there Friday night with my ratshack spl meter, ear plugs, and a cooler o texas shiner bock!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Thanks for your support and participation Walter, It'll be a GRAND time.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    . dup post
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited January 2004
    Hey, are there any posters? I desperately need one :(
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Yes there are posters, I've got THIRTY of them sitting here. (2 kinds)

Come to the gathering at get one.
  • VR3
    edited January 2004
    you suck.....lol

30 posters....wont send good ol sid one....lmao

ah well.......Texas is slightly to far...lol and my birthday is the next day
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2004
    Stop whining and steal a car.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VR3
    edited January 2004
    ah......sure......sounds easy enough

My Dad, I'm afraid will not drive me to Texas for my Birthday.....although it would be nice :-D Remember, the next day is my birthday...lol
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited January 2004
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Yes there are posters, I've got THIRTY of them sitting here. (2 kinds)

Come to the gathering at get one.

If there are any posters left after the gathering I would love to have 1 for the Bomb Shelter.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • VR3
    edited January 2004
    me too.........
  • wallstreet
    edited January 2004
    Hmmm, I say well sell em in the flea market with the proceeds going to clean RussMans carpet.:D
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited January 2004
    Russ,
    I hope you guy's have a great time, regardless of the turnout. I'll be there in spirit. I know I can't win anything that way, but it's the best I can do. Have a blast guy's!!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • stevew14
    stevew14 Posts: 130
    edited January 2004
    Hey Russ,

Not sure yet, as funds are pretty limited what with the recent layoff and all, but I am thinking it would be a great time and a much needed break from the stress. Would it be cool to just show up or do you want a definite answer now? If you would send me directions and a ph.no., I'll try and talk myself into the trip. I'm in Houston, so it's really not far for me. Please e-mail to waughtel@sbcglobal.net. Thanks and who knows, maybe I'll get a wild hair, it's been awhile!

Steve
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    I'll add you to the list, and it won't cost you anything but gas.

Directions (I PROMISE) will be sent EARLY am tomorrow, I'm still setting up gear, so I'm going to keep rolling with it.

No, you don't need to commit, feel free to just show up - the MAIN time will be probably 11-3 on Saturday - for drawings and a visit with the VP of engineering for Polk.

I *really* hope you can make it up - if we get enough registered forum members to show - SOMEONE will go home with a new pair of Cherry RTi6's - and EVERYONE will go home with some KILLER goodies.

Actually, I have the RTi6's breaking-in right now - VERY nice little speaker. It's a shame we might not get enough people to GIVE AWAY a NEW pair of $450+ Polks. ;)

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited January 2004
    Oooo Oooo Oooo!

I want some RTi6s for my bedroom! Get my amp back from the parents ;)

I don't think I'll be around Friday night, depends. Saturday will be there, fo-sho!
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Email went out this afternoon with directions, my addy, and phone nos'.

I'll be out from 9am to about 4pm tomorrow - picking up Russ and Mark and taking them to see the Kennedy Museam etc....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2004
    Ah then a 2:00 smash and grab works... ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Like I said, I'll be here ALL day tomorrow, so come on by!

Cheers,
    Russ

Man, don't even THINK stuff like that, whew.
  • Tour2ma
    edited January 2004
    Only did it because I've seen you post the same in the past... all in good fun of course...

I'll be there 3-ish... Will make a Shiner Bock run while I'm waiting.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Oh I know it was in jest, just sent a willy up my spine.

I'm sure we'll be back by then, I was just setting out a worse-case scenario. I'll take Russ to see the Kennedy stuff, but I'm not giving him a damn tour of Dallas.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Tour2ma
    edited January 2004
    I wanna see South Fork...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2004
    if Russman had a web cam, and broadcast it over the net and we could all participate in the gathering.. how cool would that be? just an idea. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VR3
    edited January 2004
    THATS A GREAT IDEA!