Possible SoCal Listening Session...

blueboxer
blueboxer Posts: 621
Picked up the Anthem D2 and MCA50, looking at possibly going with a NAD T175HD and 955 as well. If I get really crazy I was going to keep both, but the intent is to demo the two and select one as the keeper with my Mythos ST based system. I might spring for some Paradigm Studio 60's if they are in stock in the next couple weeks. Anyone who has been curious about hearing any of the above is welcome to cruise by sometime in mid to late January. Hit me up and let me know. However, I live in El Centro, CA, which is about 1.75 hours east of San Diego, pretty much between San Diego and Arizona along the border. That is the bad news, the good news is that we have awesome carne asada that will be served. lol
Post edited by blueboxer on

Comments

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited December 2010
    blueboxer wrote: »
    Picked up the Anthem D2 and MCA50, looking at possibly going with a NAD T175HD and 955 as well. If I get really crazy I was going to keep both, but the intent is to demo the two and select one as the keeper with my Mythos ST based system. I might spring for some Paradigm Studio 60's if they are in stock in the next couple weeks. Anyone who has been curious about hearing any of the above is welcome to cruise by sometime in mid to late January. Hit me up and let me know. However, I live in El Centro, CA, which is about 1.75 hours east of San Diego, pretty much between San Diego and Arizona along the border. That is the bad news, the good news is that we have awesome carne asada that will be served. lol

Thanks for the invite - I'll have to see how my January calendar is looking - work is kickin' my @ss.

How are those Columbia ICs working for you?

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • blueboxer
    edited December 2010
    So far so good, they look amazing and are filling my void very nicely. I might be going all MIT AVT1 interconnects for the HT setup and move these over to whatever dedicated transport I go with. If more people can make February or a particular weekend, just let me know. Just trying to make this fun instead of stressful.
  • blueboxer
    edited January 2011
    Just had the NAD T175HD come in, looking at getting some Totems or B&W's for the upstairs listening room, so if anyone gains any interest I was going to shoot for sometime in March to give ample time to plan and save for the beer fund.