holy CRAP raife!

Options
nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Those are some _very_ clean setups you have in your showcase. I'm impressed! If only I had the cash to build systems like that! You must have a knowledge of electronics, as well (or at least know someone who does...), because that's an extensive list of modifications (not only to the SDAs, but also to a CD player? That's something people usually skip with the hacks). Very nice!
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Thanks. I am an electrical engineer.....but I hate the time and expense of doing mods.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • nadams
    edited January 2004
    Options
    That's cool... I need to get myself a pair of the SDA CRS+ bookshelves. They look like they would be a good size for my room. Right now I'm running the 5jrs, and they lack some authority. Until I get money for some real Polks, I have to take what I can get. I just wish the CRS speakers would come up on eBay more often....
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by raife1
    Thanks. I am an electrical engineer.....but I hate the time and expense of doing mods.

what kind or industry are you in?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Telecommunications.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by nadams
    That's cool... I need to get myself a pair of the SDA CRS+ bookshelves. They look like they would be a good size for my room. Right now I'm running the 5jrs, and they lack some authority. Until I get money for some real Polks, I have to take what I can get. I just wish the CRS speakers would come up on eBay more often....

Saw 2 pairs of SDA-CRS+ on Ebay yesterday....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • nadams
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by steveinaz
    Saw 2 pairs of SDA-CRS+ on Ebay yesterday....

That's strange... I did a search for "Polk SDA" in titles and descriptions and didn't see anything. Today all I see is an auction for some brochures. Might you have any searching tips?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Try "Polk SDA speakers", that always works for me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Polk Audio always works for me
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2004
    Options
    I just search by POLK, and then sort from HIGHEST PRICE. Scroll through it that way and by page 3 or 4, you're pretty much through anything you'd typically be wanting.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.