Jinjuku - pro gear in mastering studios

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited December 2010 in 2 Channel Audio
Akron and Canton Music Center used PS and D series Crown for a time. Don't know if they still do. I put QSC in at General Tire.

Rainbow and Babies AV suite used D series Crown.

Last time I did an NLE system was 96 at the Canton Music Center. Ended up trading my Amiga 3000 for a Fender Telecaster and amp to one of the engineers there.

There are 1000's of guys doing a/v editing out there.

This was in reference to Jinjuku's assertion that Behringer or whatever was gear used in recording or mastering studios.....to which this is his reply.

The impression that was given was that legit recording studios were using the gear jinjuku is touting.

General Tire? Are you SERIOUS? A TIRE store?

Man, now THAT is funny stuff.

I've read about some studios that use B&W speakers (Abbey Road) and I know that Manley also makes studio gear.....but General Tire? Is that where all those Firestone LP's were cut?

I'm sorry to carry this over, but, dude, MUZAK systems isn't exactly what we were talking about.

Priceless.

General Tire....for all your Tire and Hifi needs.

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited December 2010
    Keiko wrote: »
    A source of pride and a monument to success.

Agreed man.

On a separate note... And to think we are so fortunate as to have someone of his awesome talents and knowlege want to come here and hang out with the likes of us.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2010
    Last time I was in my local Krispy Kreme, I'm pretty sure they were driving their Bose cubes with a Crown amp. Awesome...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2010
    General Tire sucks.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2010
    My simple remedy is juju on ignore. Why you guys keep feeding this fellow who obviously, since he joined, just stirs the pot, insults the forum collective etc. He an AA mod who hates Polk's forum and its members.

Obviously he won't go away so just ignore him.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited December 2010
    You can only ignore for so long Joe, then you have to start calling these people on their b.s.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited December 2010
    tonyb wrote: »
    You can only ignore for so long Joe, then you have to start calling these people on their b.s.

I know just how you feel, but I don't think there is anything any of us can post about/to him that will change his mantra. You could post something as simple as "humans breathe air" and he would find a way to ignite the thread.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2010
    I hear ya Tony but this fellow has caused more thread locking, fierce arguing, people getting infractions or bans etc. Of course he doesn't force a member to respond in a rude or rule breaking manner but he sure knows how to bait. I would think being a mod at AA where none of this BS or even opposing viewpoints are tolerated he would be a little more savy and respectful when posting.

Greg, excellent point!
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    His agenda from the very beginning, was to "clean house" here. Those are his own words. I don't know who he thinks he is, but that right there speaks volumes and demonstrates his desire to create trouble for Club Polk.

Well, he sure has done an awful job.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    I hear ya Tony but this fellow has caused more thread locking, fierce arguing, people getting infractions or bans etc. Of course he doesn't force a member to respond in a rude or rule breaking manner but he sure knows how to bait.

Do you really want to go there HearingImpared?
  • inspiredsports
    edited December 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Well, he sure has done an awful job.

Well, an awful job of "cleaning house", but he has managed to create some trouble. :biggrin:
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    I think everyone can be blamed for that at some point or another. I don't really find him interesting personally but I bet he looks in the mirror and see's a fat, bloated man with great hair.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2010
    Do you really want to go there HearingImpared?

Dorokusai, you are not luring me into a confrontation. BTW it's hearingimpared.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    Dorokusai, you are not luring me into a confrontation. BTW it's hearingimpared.

Not trying to you idiot.
  • inspiredsports
    edited December 2010
    Not trying to you idiot.

Yikes! :eek:
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited December 2010
    TroyD wrote: »
    This was in reference to Jinjuku's assertion that Behringer or whatever was gear used in recording or mastering studios.....to which this is his reply.

The impression that was given was that legit recording studios were using the gear jinjuku is touting.

General Tire? Are you SERIOUS? A TIRE store?

Man, now THAT is funny stuff.

I've read about some studios that use B&W speakers (Abbey Road) and I know that Manley also makes studio gear.....but General Tire? Is that where all those Firestone LP's were cut?

I'm sorry to carry this over, but, dude, MUZAK systems isn't exactly what we were talking about.

Priceless.

General Tire....for all your Tire and Hifi needs.

BDT

I found that particularly amusing as well. All his hubris about how studio's use this entry level pro gear and then he names off MUZAK systems. But then agian, most of us knew he was full of it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited December 2010
    Yep. This thread sucks, too.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited December 2010
    Wow! Was that really called for, Mark?

Mark is just rib jabbing...:wink:
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited December 2010
    well also according to him we are just the town jokers and have no idea what we are talking about because of course the amp section in the HK would never be a match for the pro audio gear......

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19571744#post19571744

post #4670.

to put this in perspective he really likes our forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19524272&highlight=#post19524272

our great other thread that he helped get shut down.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2010
    Wow, so we're jokers? Maybe he doesn't need to be here anymore.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2010
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    well also according to him we are just the town jokers and have no idea what we are talking about because of course the amp section in the HK would never be a match for the pro audio gear......

post #4670.

Isn't the internet a 'wonderful' thing! So unless you're a member of AVS you're a what?....

"the regular town jokers over there" CLUB POLK!@#$%

And that coming from what site??

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2010
    All that aside, I'd REALLY love to hear his explanation of how a couple of MUZAK systems compares to Bob Ludwig's studio.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited December 2010
    TroyD wrote: »
    All that aside, I'd REALLY love to hear his explanation of how a couple of MUZAK systems compares to Bob Ludwig's studio.....

BDT

but everything sounds the same. So whats the point? I mean a saxophone that is worth 500 bucks is going to sound just as good and be as perfect as one that cost 5K, duh you guys nothing really matters as its all in your mind. :rolleyes: and then put it through a system that of course is going to sound the same and record the same because gear doesn't matter...duhhhhhhhhh

Its just annoying because if someone has to complain about the site so much and blah blah blah why stay? what are you proving in staying? That you hate the site and want to try and "educate" those that waste their money by making them mad and fighting with them?

Because everyone I know just loves to change over thier ideas for the one that comes across like a know-it-all, I'm Mr. Perfect everyone else is a moron person that complains all the time.
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited December 2010
    You ARE perfect, Chris. :tongue:
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2010
    cstmar01 wrote:

post #4670.

to put this in perspective he really likes our forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19524272&highlight=#post19524272

our great other thread that he helped get shut down.

Why would I want to read any of his posts there? I certainly don't read any of them here (unless they are quoted by someone else). Life is too short to pay attention to ________ like him (feel free to insert any "negative" adjective you prefer).
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited December 2010
    Wow, I read the end of the old thread and wish I saw what was deleted. Talking about not having a clue.

Jinjuku, If you don't want to learn something or contribute in a good way and not just argue than please leave. All you are doing is opening your mouth to let us know how uneducated on audio you really are.

I love how he calls you guys closed minded when you try to explain why Pro Gear isn't about sound quality over quantity.

Jinju, if you want to bump the house down have a ball but don't expect Crown, Behringer, QSC or Peavey to sound like a Krell, B&K, Rotel, or any other good high end equipment. The clarity just isn't there. And get your ears checked if you think they do. Maybe some Q-tips at least..
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited December 2010
    It's obvious JuJu is a cancer to this forum based on his interaction here and relentless bashing of the forum as a collective on other electronics forums. He stirs **** up, reinterprets it and posts it on other forums negatively.

A real class act.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • jinjuku
    jinjuku Posts: 1,523
    edited December 2010
    If you guys are so correct:

Cable burn in, you would have taken up the challenge.

$350 2.0 amp/pre put up against that yammy or hk mentioned in that thread vs an src/xls amp. Someone would have taken up the challenge.

All talk.
  • jinjuku
    edited December 2010
    tonyb wrote: »

Ditto that...:wink:
  • jinjuku
    edited December 2010
    Maybe we can bribe him with a pro amp, new tires and some donuts, Gus. :tongue:

Send a couple of Crown Studio Reference 1's my way and it's a deal.
  • jinjuku
    edited December 2010
    I think everyone can be blamed for that at some point or another. I don't really find him interesting personally but I bet he looks in the mirror and see's a fat, bloated man with great hair.

Yep, got that picture you sent to me taped up. Every time I need a good chuckle.