I humbly apologize to all . . .

Hairsonfire
Hairsonfire Posts: 5
edited December 2010 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Okay, I did get out of the wrong side of bed this morning. Having a tough time at work and dealing with several curve balls that life seems to throw us all some times has severely affected my outlook lately.

However, with regard to folks that routinely cruise with 95 db at 20hz
I truly don't understand how people can really enjoy music in a moving vehicle. I have two very sophisticated and expensive systems at home that I enjoy tremendously. Of course, it's pleasant and convenient to have tunes available in the car but if I want to seriously enjoy music, it's not going to be with the added distraction of trying to pay attention to not harming (or even killing) myself or others in an automobile. How can you seriously pay attention to what is going on?

I don't get how people can think nothing of imposing their huge subs and taste in music on other people in the middle of the day let alone in the middle of the night.

I sincerely do apologize for using the language and the tone in my "introductory" post.

I lived in Europe recently and one of the biggest "Ugly American" stereotypes is the subwoofer issue. Europeans point out how Americans seem to all be pretending like they are starring in their own Music Video or Reality Show with no regard or sensitivity to others and since I have been back - I tend to agree that it sure looks that way.

So, again, my apologies to all.
Post edited by Hairsonfire on

Comments

• TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited October 2010
    Well, you hair IS on fire...

Classy apology~
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited October 2010
    Too late, you're on the bozo list.

BTW, if it's too loud, you're too old.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • KaosTsoc
    KaosTsoc Posts: 372
    edited October 2010
    I have my system set up for both SQ, and SPL when I want it. We all do different things that make us happy. As for me, Im not going to spend the money (at the moment) to buy a good home system, cause I live in an apartment, so there is no point. So, since I dont own my home, I choose to spead my money on my vehicle. So, if I decied to play my music loud then so be it (have not hurt or killed anyone, because I am responsible, and can mulitask). If I choose to play it quite then so be it. This is america, land of free. If you dont like it then please go back home, and please leave my country. I mean I am sure there is some one around you who does not like to hear your home theater playing loud either. Maybe your neighbor, your wife, or kids who konws. I get your point, and agree to some degree. There are alot of people here are very SQ oriented. I for one am very respectful of the people I live around, however I dont complain to people about there bad habits, because I have my own that they do not agree with.

Sorry not trying to rude about leaving the country, but I can not stand it when people from other countries try to compair us to them. Guess what, amreica is not like other countrys, so dont try to compair them.

Thanks.
    2006 Prerunner Access Cab
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12
    Kinetik HC2000 battery and Sleeve
    200 Amp Mean Green High Output Alternator

Need a DJ, photobooth, or both for rent?

http://photoboothdallas.org
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited October 2010
    The only thing I would ever bother around here is a cow with having a sub turned up loud.

not really sure where you were but for the most part, a lot of people don't do that in the US. All I can say is that there are people here that care about the SQ in the car as well and can drive just fine while listening to music....and seeing around here its just my cow and me, we rock out pretty good in the farm fields...yeeehhawwww.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2010
    Jstas wrote: »

If it's too loud you're 'young', because us older guys can't hear as well?

I also, understand what this guy means to say. But, personally, I don't really care if someone is trying to weaken the welds in his car..that's his business. Unless he decides to park in my driveway and play, maybe 3 hours of Bjork?

Sal's not reading this..is he?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited October 2010
    Jstas wrote: »

cnh wrote: »
    If it's too loud you're 'young', because us older guys can't hear as well?

I also, understand what this guy means to say. But, personally, I don't really care if someone is trying to weaken the welds in his car..that's his business. Unless he decides to park in my driveway and play, maybe 3 hours of Bjork?

Sal's not reading this..is he?

cnh
    Are you implying Sal is the type to try to weaken his car welds and plays hours of Bjork? ;)
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited October 2010
    DSkip wrote: »
    A lot of the car guys here (me included) are more about SQ than anything else.

+1 :D

I'm one of them too, except I'm just starting to tune my setup!

And I still need to bi-amp my components, hmmm :rolleyes:
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    edited October 2010
    Guys......clearly, in his first post he musta thought he was at Club Cerwin Vega! :p
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited October 2010
    KaosTsoc wrote: »
    Sorry not trying to rude about leaving the country, but I can not stand it when people from other countries try to compair us to them. Guess what, amreica is not like other countrys, so dont try to compair them.

Thanks.
    I just wish we had spell check in America. ;)
  • TECHNOKID
    edited October 2010
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Humm, I didn't realize that was a problem in the US, even in Canuck land NA we use spell check.

As a Canuck FROG Ive gut hall de axecuzes in the ward for nut speligne right as mi ondurstanedigne doze nut come pair two yo ;):D:p

O, eye musta gonaw ;)
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • KaosTsoc
    KaosTsoc Posts: 372
    edited October 2010

Yeah. I was typing fast, and did not notice. I try to look over my stuff, befor I post. I dont use spell check, because I think that is lazy. I actually take the time to find out how a word is spelled, and to figure out the meaning of it as well. It is the long way I agree, but I like it, and it keeps me up to date with words, and meanings since I am no longer in skool <---j/k school. Yeah -1 for me on spelling. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Thanks.
    2006 Prerunner Access Cab
    5 Speed 4 cycl 2wd

Audio:
    Pioneer P860 Head Unit
    Polk Audio MM6501
    Alpine PDX F-6
    Two SR124(SVC)
    Alpine PDX M12
    Kinetik HC2000 battery and Sleeve
    200 Amp Mean Green High Output Alternator

Need a DJ, photobooth, or both for rent?

http://photoboothdallas.org
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2010
    KaosTsoc wrote:
    Yeah. I was typing fast, and did not notice. I try to look over my stuff, befor I post. I dont use spell check, because I think that is lazy. I actually take the time to find out how a word is spelled, and to figure out the meaning of it as well. It is the long way I agree, but I like it, and it keeps me up to date with words, and meanings since I am no longer in skool <---j/k school. Yeah -1 for me on spelling. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Thanks.

Actually, it’s minus 2 for spelling and another minus 1 for punctuation.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited October 2010
    +1 for the bozo list

you dont come across as an enthusiast ,if you were your first post would have been titled

MAN i JUST HEARD THE SICKEST SUB TODAY AS SOME DUDE TOTALY KICKED THE **** OUTA MY DRUMS FROM 200 YARDS
  • bsturgeon89
    bsturgeon89 Posts: 128
    edited October 2010

LOL. This coming from a guy who doesnt really care about using "your" or "you're" correctly on this forum because it isn't a college class;)
  • kawizx9r
    edited October 2010
    U r teh sillie, dis thred iz alredy 0ff subjekt!
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• bsturgeon89
    bsturgeon89 Posts: 128
    edited October 2010
    LOL. This coming from a guy who doesnt really care about using "your" or "you're" correctly on this forum because it isn't a college class;)

My bad....I'd like to retract that post. I got my guys mixed up.

Sorry
  • TECHNOKID
    edited October 2010
    kawizx9r wrote: »
    U r teh sillie, dis thred iz alredy 0ff subjekt!
    Have you been drinking :p
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, way late I know I suck but I had to throw in my $.02 worth.

The people you hear driving down your street at 2 AM blasting their subs, are NOT car audio enthusiasts. These guys are running a pair of the biggest subs they can find with the biggest amp they could afford but with factory speakers. Theyre not interested in car audio but rather getting noticed. Thats why theyre also usually the ones with those 6" exhausts for their 1.3 liter engine or 10" suspension lift and 30" wheels on their 86 Oldsmobile or LED lights front rear and UNDER. Its not about audio or engine performance or anything like that - its about being noticed and getting attention, period.

And as for music in a car, you stick a pair of coaxials in the door with a fancy $150 head unit and yeah, youre not going to get great sound quality. But you put a pair of quality components up front, a sweet sub in the rear all properly powered and EQ'd and its a whole other ballgame. Of course a car audio system will never equal a reference home audio rig but it can come close and Ive personally sat in more than a few cars that, if you didnt know better, youd think you were sitting in a recliner listening to a home audio rig. Kirk Proffitt's Acura, Matt Robers truck, Eddie DeJesus' S-10, Steve Cook's Avalanch and on and on.

Im talking about a stage that spans the width of the dash and in some cases extends to OUTSIDE the car. A center image fixed and focused right under the rear view mirror. Solid kick drum punch but always forward and defined. Working to obtain that is what car audio enthusiasts are about.

Just look around here. Yeah youll get the lone doofus with 1 post and its a thread asking "which one of these $25 subs hits the hardest" but the rest of the posts, questions and conversations on here are about achieving the holy grail of car audio - the point where your system sounds closer to home audio than car audio.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited November 2010
    ^^^^Been there done that try living next to a liquor store in Galveston...that was me before Hurricane IKe
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited November 2010
    How about ditch this thread and start helping someone or adding some knowledge elsewhere in the forum? Do something useful, this thread sucks. Hopefully, it'll catch on. Welcome to Club Polk. You better purchase thicker pants....I'm still getting my **** handed to me, and I've been here awhile.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2010
    Well then delete the damn thing. Man you thread **** are wearing me out. Not every thread is going to be strict comparison of speakers or amp specs. Youre going to have some subjective opinions from time to time.

Ive added plenty of knowledge on this forum over the last 7 years and helped more people than I can count not to mention proudly repping the brand and club in the competition circuit the last 5 years. So if I feel the need to address a misconception about my fellow car audio fans I dont see a problem with that. Lighten up.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited November 2010
    When did this thread become about you Macleod? Lonely?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2010
    I thought this thread was about hairsonfire apologizing about one of his first two posts...which no one cared about anyway.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited November 2010
    i'm turning up the volume to near clipping now .....
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    When did this thread become about you Macleod? Lonely?

Well.....actually, yes. :frown:

• evil ryu
    evil ryu Posts: 41
    edited November 2010
    lol hairsonfire
  • kawizx9r
    edited December 2010
    ^Too bad no one gives a damn.

Reported.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2010
    Reported/\

Edit: You gettum Fred:smile:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben