Austin Record Convention

coolsax
coolsax Posts: 1,824
edited October 2010 in Gatherings & Special Events
Any one in the Central Texas area planning on checking this out this weekend? Now that I have a turntable I think I will probably hit this up at least on Saturday.

www.austinrecords.com
Main 2ch -
BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
Post edited by coolsax on

Comments

• fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited October 2010
    just might have to check that out even though I have no vinyl spinning apparatus..

thanks for the heads up
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited October 2010
    Snap Coolsax, wish I had known sooner. Next time a little more heads up:mad:

;)
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • coolsax
    edited October 2010
    thsmith , I just happened to have seen it advertised on CL here there's one vendor who is clearing out an estate it looks like and the original owner was a collector so i'm hoping to find a pre if nothing else.. supposed to be 2K sqft just for that vendor now that I know the website i'll have to keep an active eye on it.

fossy let me know if you decide to head out there.. I'll probably be there late morning early afternoon before the UT game, it'd be kewl to meet a local fellow polkie, and they have CDs there if you're looking just for some new music too.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+

TV 3.1 system -
  • fossy
    edited October 2010
    think I will go but it'll be around noonish before I could be there ... maybe exchange cell #'s on PM to make hookin up easier...... meet another polkster & only a 5 buck cover ... it's a no brainer
  • fossy
    edited October 2010
    was great to meet ya cool & this record convention was nothing short of amazing.It would have taken a couple of days at least to get to every vendor....
  • coolsax
    edited October 2010
    same.. it was definitely overwhelming with all the vinyl and CD's
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited October 2010
    I'd been planning on being there for the last 2 months, even scheduling vacation time so I could hang out in Austin for awhile, then came down with the flu. Maybe next year.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • coolsax
    edited October 2010
    actually its held twice a year so if you can get some of that time in the Spring you might want to check it out.
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -