sub enclosure

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2003 in Custom Fabrication
hey, this is for anyone. I'm looking for specs on this system I want to build. It consists of 2-10" pioneers and 1-15" phenoix gold. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. It will be greatly appreciated.

Robert
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited December 2003
    first idea that comes to mind is don't mix sub sizes.... typically a bad idea... do you already have these subs or are you buying and what's your price range for the system?
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    where to begin...
    1. like mtx said, dont mix sizes
    2. dont mix subs
    3. this even counts with 2 different subs from the same brand
    4. telling us 2 10" pioneers isnt telling us a lot, you know how many subs they have?
    5. same with the pg
    6. what specs do you want?, box specs, speaker specs...etc
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited December 2003
    not to be argumentative...me ..ahahahahahahah

anyway... I agree on the mixing sub brands...very bad idea...
    You can mix sub sizes...granted using 2 diff amps and say you cross over the 10's at like 80/90hz znd the 15 at say 50hz.... I dont see too much of an issue with that..other then you will spend a lot of time getting to sound right

mixing sub brands is like mixing jack and beer...seems like a good idea....but you regret it in the morning :D
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by TrappedUnder Ice
    mixing sub brands is like mixing jack and beer...seems like a good idea....but you regret it in the morning :D

LMAO.... So true....
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2003
    jack - u wimp - lol -- devil's creek (or something like that) vodka - 160 proof... not too shabby, makes a nice kamakazi (vodka, triplesec (spelling), and lime juice or sour mix, with a splash of 7-up/sprite).
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    everclear--98% alcohol content
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited December 2003
    Boilermaker -- the only mixed drink worth mixing!

12 oz. of your favorite beer
    1 shot of Kentucky Bourbon

-- or --

Fill the first 1/4 of the mug with Jack, Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, whatever your preference and then finish the rest of the mug with your favorite beer! MMMMMMM!!!!!! GOOD!!!!

I'm thirsty now!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Kschultz76
    Kschultz76 Posts: 59
    edited December 2003
    Ever had Knob Creek.....that's a bourbon that'll put hair on your chest just smelling the bottle.....yummy!

More on topic, I'd have to agree, don't mix subs, if you want more then one stick the same brand and model.

Use the same box design for both.

Like everyone said, for any good info from us you'd need to give us more specs.

-Kev