Colorado Gathering?

squeeb
squeeb Posts: 426
edited September 2010 in Gatherings & Special Events
Hey fellow Coloradoans (and neighbors);

Any interest in a get together? I have a pool in the backyard (with 7 Polk speakers) that will be open another 5 to 6 weeks if we wanted to meet here.

I am open to suggestions or other venues but thought I should start the converstation before the pool freezes over.

Let me know.
Squeeb
7.3 HT: Sunfire TGR-3, Sunfire Series II, Mirage OMD-28, OMD-5 (x4), REL T1 (2), T2, Oppo 103D, Optoma HD8200PRO, 106" screen, SB Touch
Family Room: Yamaha RX-V2700, RT25i, 42" Samsung, SB Duet
Pool: Yamaha V2700, SQ Duet, Atrium 60 (2), Atrium 45 (3), Atrium 65sdi
Post edited by squeeb on

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited August 2010
    I can bring my SDA 1C's and an Adcom 5802!!! if you wanted me too that is.. Count me in..
  • squeeb
    edited August 2010
    I can bring my SDA 1C's and an Adcom 5802!!! if you wanted me too that is.. Count me in..

So, what are you saying - my equipments not good enough for you??? :confused: Okay - don't answer that. I thought about putting a disclaimer that it would be more of a beer and bbq than a listening gathering but figured people would figure that out from my signature.

I will count you in.
    7.3 HT: Sunfire TGR-3, Sunfire Series II, Mirage OMD-28, OMD-5 (x4), REL T1 (2), T2, Oppo 103D, Optoma HD8200PRO, 106" screen, SB Touch
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2010
    That is not what I was saying at all.. I am sorry if you took it that way but by all means count me in I would love to come up. Maybe Kevin will be able to make it as well..
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited August 2010
    squeeb wrote: »
    So, what are you saying - my equipments not good enough for you??? :confused: Okay - don't answer that. I thought about putting a disclaimer that it would be more of a beer and bbq than a listening gathering but figured people would figure that out from my signature.

I will count you in.

I think all he was going to do was bring some equip for all to hear, its fun at gatherings to have some bring their different gear over and give it a listen. I always enjoy hearing the systems of others....but I know he wasn't implying about your system..enjoy the get together
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited August 2010
  • squeeb
    edited August 2010
    That is not what I was saying at all.. I am sorry if you took it that way but by all means count me in I would love to come up. Maybe Kevin will be able to make it as well..

Nope - didn't take it that way at all. Tried a little online humor - did not work so well. I am always looking to hear other equipment and am sure anyone else coming would like to hear what they sound like, too.

Kevin has told me you have a lot of cool stuff - can't wait to hear/see it. He has a previous engagement this weekend so I will probably look for a weekend before or after Labor Day weekend.
  • davidfmartin
    davidfmartin Posts: 106
    edited August 2010
    I'm in if the time works out. Hey TOOLFORLIFE, want to carpool? I'm in Lakewood. PM me if you want.

My SDA-1c's are too heavy but I can bring my Monitor 5's as well as some other DIY stuff I made, or just hanging out with beer and the bbq is cool too. You can see my website for ideas on what I could bring (not everything listed yet). Headphone stuff is certainly very portable :-)

http://www.1414audio.com/
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited August 2010
    I'd be up for it if the timing worked out. I could bring my owm3's ;)
  • squeeb
    edited August 2010
    Wow, the date did not occur to me until I typed it in.

Do spouses / significant others get invited or come to CP gatherings? There should be plenty of differenct areas for people to relax.
  • grimmace19
    edited August 2010
    I would be good with the 11th (provided I'm welcome). I can now bring the questionable MIT cables from ebay and see what sort of conclusions the "in the know" people can make from them.
  • squeeb
    edited August 2010
    grimmace19 wrote: »
    I would be good with the 11th (provided I'm welcome). I can now bring the questionable MIT cables from ebay and see what sort of conclusions the "in the know" people can make from them.

You are always welcome ... as long as you bring stuff! ;)
  • grimmace19
    edited August 2010
    ^ I can bring whatever is needed... whether it be some gear, grub, beverages, or anything else that may be necessary.
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2010
    grimmace19 wrote: »
    ^ i can bring whatever is needed... Whether it be some gear, grub, beverages, or anything else that may be necessary.

ditto...
  • grimmace19
    edited August 2010
    ^ Larry, I know of a great U-Haul place if we need something big moved ;) Unfortunately for you, the U-Haul wouldn't head up the mountains but rather towards the parker area.
  • zarrdoss
    edited August 2010
    so what date are we talking about?
  • squeeb
    edited August 2010
    zarrdoss wrote: »
    so what date are we talking about?

Saturday, 9/11, at 2:00. Sound okay? A couple hours of listening / checking out equipment and then some grilling.
  • zarrdoss
    edited August 2010
    sounds good to me
  • squeeb
    edited August 2010
    It looks like we are set.

Saturday, 9/11 at 2:00. Let's hope the weather stays nice.

I should forewarn everyone - I do not have any vinyl. I'm just saying, don't hate on me. If you have a hankering to listen to vinyl, please bring along.

I also asked to audition the new LSiM speakers at our gathering. :D I have not heard and am not holding my breathe. :(

I will PM everyone who is coming my address in a few days.

Squeeb
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2010
    After the last Polk supported, local gathering debacle, we no longer do this anymore.

Good luck with the event and be sure to take pictures.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • squeeb
    edited August 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    After the last Polk supported, local gathering debacle, we no longer do this anymore.

Good luck with the event and be sure to take pictures.

No problems - kind of what I figured. Plus, the last thing I want to do is host a debacle!!! :eek:

To paraphrase Spicoli - All I need are some tasty (sound)waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,236
    edited August 2010
    Man, I would LOVE to come up and put some faces with names, but the Buckeyes are playing the hurricanes that day at 1:40 pm and, PRIORITIES, I WILL be in the new home theater then watching that game. Maybe we can have one next late spring/summer when the basketball and football seasons are over, so there are no conflicts? I would host if my wife/kids go visit her family next summer.
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • squeeb
    edited September 2010
    OK, here is who we have so far:

TOOLFORLIFEFAN
    Zarrdoss
    davidfmartin
    grimmace19

Let me know if I missed anyone. I will send PMs out later this weekend with my address and phone number. Hopefully the weather holds or we will have to stay inside and listen to music and drink! :rolleyes:
  • zarrdoss
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for having me over for the CO Polk get together man! Too bad no one else showed up that was a great burger and I had a good time!

Kevin
  • Toolfan66
    edited September 2010
    Well the wife had me at her boss's show at the Italian fest.. I was hoping to make it but his show got pushed out till the afternoon. I have a good sunburn on my bald head as well..

Glad you guys had fun, my plan was to take off after the show, my car was packed with a set of CRS+ Adcom 5802 and some MIT cables. Oh well maybe next time but I had to stick it out with the wife... She told me tell you guys sorry as well..
  • grimmace19
    edited September 2010
    Wish I could have made it but ended up getting a call from my DM demanding I work overtime Saturday afternoon. Maybe sometime in October after I get back from my honeymoon I can host a small gathering and grill up some grub for everyone.
  • squeeb
    edited September 2010
    zarrdoss wrote: »
    Thanks for having me over for the CO Polk get together man! Too bad no one else showed up that was a great burger and I had a good time!

Kevin

Thanks for showing up!!! ;) I had a good time. Did about the same as I would have with 20 people. Drink a brew, eat a hamburger, and listen to some music. It's all good.

Still want to get my ears on some SDAs sometime though. We need to try and make this a regular event.
  • zarrdoss
    edited September 2010
    squeeb wrote: »
    Thanks for showing up!!! ;) I had a good time. Did about the same as I would have with 20 people. Drink a brew, eat a hamburger, and listen to some music. It's all good.

Still want to get my ears on some SDAs sometime though. We need to try and make this a regular event.

your welcome over anytime!
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited September 2010
    You're also welcome to stop in and get your listen on if you ever come through CS. I've got a pair of Kevin's (zarrdoss) castoff 2Bs, now with some modifications. The brews and burgers can definitely be supplied!

I would have loved to come up but there was no way that weekend was going to work for me
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides