Replacement driver

Options
kacos
kacos Posts: 10
edited December 2003 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

I have a CS350 center speaker and need to replace one of the 4 drivers. I contacted months ago (at least twice) the local dealer here in Thessaloniki, Greece (branch office) for a replacement, and have been ignored completely. They tottaly disregard retail. I am totally dissapointed from the Greek polk dealer, even though I love the speakers (RT800, RT600). I hope Polk will do something to remedy this.

Any way I can get this driver directly from Polk?

Thanx

Costas
Post edited by kacos on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Send a email to Ken Swauger at Polk customer service, explain your situation and I think he'll be able to help.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kacos
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Thanx F1nut! I will.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Costas,

If you run into anymore problems, let me (us) know and I (we) will see what can be done here.

Jesse

BTW, Welcome to the forum!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kacos
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Hi Jesse,

thanx for the welcome!

BTW, last time I contacted Polk for a replacement driver (for a speaker under warranty), it was sent to me free of charge within a week or so !! I was amazed, and I still keep telling people about the excellent support I had in that case.

A few minutes ago, I checked in the site to see who is the official Polk dealer for Home in Greece and ... there isn't one. No wonder these guys don't provide any support. They are simply resellers...

Costas
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    Options
    kacos,

Welcome to the Club. Always a treat to "speak" with an international member.

I've never been to Greece, but a Brit friend of mine always took holiday there and loved it. I hope to make a visit next summer.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • kacos
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Hi Tour2ma,

Same here - haven't been to Texas .. yet. :)

If you ever manage to come down here, make sure its in the summer months, and that you have enough time to go around - appart from the islands that are basically famous, there is also lots of things to see and thousands of beaches in the mainland also ..

I am sure you're gonna like it .

BTW, next summer we are hosting the Olympics here (Athens), so if are serious about it make sure you make reservations early ..

Costas
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2003
    Options
    costas,

Thanks for the Olympic reminder. Will definitely stay away from that time frame.

Plan is not a lot further along than to fly into Rome, tour southern Italy (which I did not see last trip) and ferry across to Greece.

Definitely want to see Greece's mainland as well as the islands.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • kacos
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Cool schedule !! :-)

I can't wait to hear your impressions after you come back ...

BTW, no reply from Polk yet :-(

• Tour2ma
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Resend directly to Helen cc'ing Ken and Lauren...

HYarbor@polkaudio.com

kswauger@polkaudio.com

LSchmidt@polkaudio.com
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• kacos
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Just did email all three as you said. Thank you!

I wonder, doesn' anyone reply to emails sent through the contact form in the support pages? I already filled the form twice .. weird ! Or maybe they get tons of them ...
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2003
    Options
    All three are very good, but they do get overwhelmed at times. Often even direct e-mail can take a bit to get a reply. Stateside we call their 800 number, but not an option for you.

Expect an answer in a day or two...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• kacos
    edited December 2003
    Options
    No problem. I am in no hurry .. I basically wanted a confirmation that someone received the request and will deal with it whenever possible. An auto-reply feature linked to the "send" button on the contact form (or something similar) would be a nice add-on :-)

Again thank you for the assistance.