Wtf????

Options
MTXMAN
MTXMAN Posts: 682
edited December 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
What the hell was up with that delima post.... i take a few days off from the forum and all of a sudden we get invaded by the most illiterate immature posts i've ever read... that was realy sad...

Jstas, you proved all your points well, it's not your fault they couldn't comprehend them. props to Thinker too.
Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
Post edited by MTXMAN on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    Options
    theyre gone now, a couple have stayed, the more rational ones, and know their stuff...glad to have them here, but im really glad the other ones left...lol
    -Cody
  • geolemon
    geolemon Posts: 67
    edited December 2003
    Options
    What happened was that someone saw a post by someone here.
    The post here was someone who had posted that they thought a cone sub would have more displacement than a flat-piston sub (specifically referencing Elemental Design's 12A), which - even though it's not true - it is intuitive to a normal person, I'm sure it looks that way, looking at a sub.

Well, someone posted on CAF "Haha, look what this guy thinks about our favorite buzzworthy sub", and a high school children's lemming-festival ensued.

Nothing worth even looking at.
    There were some misunderstandings... but that's what forums are for... places to learn. :cool:

BTW...
    MTXMAN?
    on a Polk forum? (and I gather you come here often?)
    Speaking of "wtf?" :p
    I'm just teasing... ;)
  • delvryboy
    delvryboy Posts: 62
    edited December 2003
    Options
    hmm...i think we should keep this thread under wraps;)
    Post ****

2003 MECA M2/MR2/DB1 IL State Record Holder/Champion

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited December 2003
    Options
    In my early days i was a big MTX fan, still like them but they're below my quality level now, I was always polk for interior speakers but liked MTX for subs and sub amps ;D

Now my preferances are Diamond, US Amps, Tru Tech, Polk of course and a couple others that i don't have time to mention since i have class in about 45 seconds... Gotta run ;D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    Options
    yeah, well, my next system might not have many/if any Polk speakers at all...
    but my next system will probably be in 5 or 6 years...
    until then, Polk is the way to go, not high end, far from crap, just great midrange speakers at a great price...
    next is probably going to be all zapco amps
    a HU with a screen, maybe my pioneer premier 940 is frickin amazing
    ID max subs
    rainbow components, front and back
    thinking about 2 pairs up front, one pair in the back...
    and a new alternator and dual batteries...
    but all this is in 5 or 6 years...or longer...
    ill still use Polk home audio speaker though
    -Cody