Any interest in a SoCal meet in San Diego?

dpowell
dpowell Posts: 3,050
I was thinking of hosting a Southern California meetup sometime this summer (June/July timeframe) Let me know if there is any interest.
____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
Post edited by dpowell on

Comments

• blueboxer
    blueboxer Posts: 621
    edited May 2010
    I thought everyone here was from the East Coast or Midwest. I West Coast meet would be sweet.
  • Huck344
    Huck344 Posts: 453
    edited May 2010
    Depending on the date, I'd be down for that. I'd love to check out the SRTs.
  • dacoupedeville
    dacoupedeville Posts: 83
    edited May 2010
    I could make it happen. My father lives in Oceanside. I would love to check out the srt`s too!
    HT: SRT's.....Pioneer SC95, Oppo 105D; ps4; Mitsubishi 1080p 82" DLP; DirecTV

2 ch: SRS 1.2tl's.....Odyssey Stratos monos, Dynaco PAS pre w/Mods, Arcam DV-135, Music Hall MMF 5, AQ wires

Bedroom: SRS 3.1tl's, RTA 8T (phantom center), Pioneer sc-lx701, Mitsubishi 1080p 82" DLP, DirecTV, ps3

Car: SR 6500's.....Planet Audio HVT752 tube hybrid amps (2), Alpine dvd-a double din HU, two 12" Kicker's
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited May 2010
    Sounds like fun....I'm in SD.

I could haul over some of my stuff to set up and play with.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • dpowell
    edited May 2010
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    Sounds like fun....I'm in SD.

I could haul over some of my stuff to set up and play with.

Sounds great! I'd love to try out some other gear as well.

I will have fully modded SDA 1C's ready to rock and roll in the 2 channel rig by the time this happens and of course, I'd love to show off the SRT's! :D

For those of you out of SD county, want to shoot me some possible dates? I'm thinking end of June/early July on a weekend. Let's see if we can coordinate it so that all can attend.

doug
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • dpowell
    edited May 2010
    I could make it happen. My father lives in Oceanside. I would love to check out the srt`s too!

I'm in Escondido, about 20 minutes inland from Oceanside.
  • dpowell
    edited May 2010
    Potential dates have been sent to those who have responded.
  • dpowell
    edited June 2010
    July 10 appears to be best for everyone who has responded. July 10 it is!
  • xj4094dg
    xj4094dg Posts: 1,158
    edited June 2010
    I'm in L.A., moved here from Carlsbad (for a job/money, otherwise would never have left). So any excuse to come back to that area is good, this makes it great!

Its about time, nothing happening here in California when it comes to Polk so I'll be going to the Capital Audiofest in Maryland soon but I'll be back in late June.

Count me in.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." Neil deGrasse Tyson.
  • dpowell
    edited June 2010
    xj4094dg wrote: »
    Its about time, nothing happening here in California when it comes to Polk so I'll be going to the Capital Audiofest in Maryland soon but I'll be back in late June.

Count me in.

Right on! We have 6 confirmed so far and lots of gear coming along for demoing. Ought to be a great time!
  • Norm Apter
    Norm Apter Posts: 1,036
    edited June 2010
    Hey guys,

Somehow I missed this the first time around but fortunately (for me) dpowell alerted me to it, and I'll be able to attend. Looks like it will be a lot of fun.

For those who are attending, I'm wondering what sort of gear you'll be bringing along. Just wanted to get an idea of what we might be hearing.

After discussions with Doug, I plan to bring the following:

*Bada HD22SE CDP
    *MIT Shotgun S-3 bi-wire speaker cables (pair)
    *MIT Shotgun S-3 ICs (3 pair)
    *IeGo Power Cords (I bought these little known PCs on EarlyB's suggestion over a year ago, on the recommendation that they were better than SC and PS Audio lowerr end PCs for roughly the same price...I've been quite pleased with them and want to see what you guys think)

Possibly:

*Lsi9s (modded/upgraded X-overs)

Looking forward to it,

Norm
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects
  • dpowell
    edited June 2010
    Hey everyone. Just checking in to see if everyone is still good with the July 10 meet. I wanted to try and put together some plans for food, etc. Not sure if you want to take the time away from demo'ing gear to BBQ or just order some food in. Let me know your thoughts. I'm cool with this going all day. A good start time would be around 10am which gives my wife enough time to escape with the kids and we can go until 10pm-ish or so.
  • Erik Tracy
    edited June 2010
    dpowell wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Just checking in to see if everyone is still good with the July 10 meet. I wanted to try and put together some plans for food, etc. Not sure if you want to take the time away from demo'ing gear to BBQ or just order some food in. Let me know your thoughts. I'm cool with this going all day. A good start time would be around 10am which gives my wife enough time to escape with the kids and we can go until 10pm-ish or so.

I voted for the following weekend - I'm up in Julian camping with the family on the 10th...put a steak on the bbq for me....:p

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • dpowell
    edited June 2010
    Anyone else care if we move it back a weekend? I'm quite flexible on the date. In fact, that would give my 1C's new RDO's and XO's another week of burn-in.......
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited June 2010
    I'll have to wait until about a week before the gathering to really be able to give you an answer, but I'm be pretty interested. SD is about 8hours from me each way, you've got room for me to crash? :p
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • Norm Apter
    edited June 2010
    Yes, the 17th works for me.

I'd be down for BBQ-ing (since I've been living in an apartment complexes for the last couple of years where that hasn't been a possibility), but if others prefer to order food in that would be fine with me as well.
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
  • dpowell
    edited June 2010
    I'm going to settle on the 17th.

I think I'll pick up some Ranchers Reserve steaks at Vons while they have July 4th specials going on and we can throw those on the grill for dinner. I'll have everyone else just bring some sides to keep it simple.

I'll start taking volunteers for drinks and sides.
  • Norm Apter
    edited June 2010
    Sounds great. My wife can make some pretty tasty summer salads. So I was thinking about bringing a variety -- homemade chicken salad, tuna salad, fruit salad. If there is interest she could also bake a dessert item.

Btw, do we have a head count (for quantity purposes)?
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
  • dpowell
    edited June 2010
    Right now, we have 4, possibly 5 people including myself. I believe that Blueboxer and dacoupedaville are not available for an extended period of time.

Need confirmation from Erik Tracy on his plans and need to hear back from xj4094dg. Freddy might also cruise down if his schedule works out that way.
  • kawizx9r
    edited June 2010
    If I do make it out there, am I going to be the youngest one? :eek:
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• dpowell
    edited June 2010
    That depends on how old you are. :p
  • kawizx9r
    edited June 2010
    Lol...going on 25 this September :D
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• dpowell
    edited June 2010
    Then the answer has a high probability of being 'yes'. :D
  • Huck344
    edited July 2010
    I'll bring beer. Any requests?
  • Erik Tracy
    edited July 2010
    Huck344 wrote: »
    I'll bring beer. Any requests?

Well - since this is an SD Polk Fest - gotta get some local brew!
    beer.gif

Karl Strauss or Stone Brewery....surprise us! :D

• kawizx9r
    edited July 2010
    It's looking a bit more like I can make it.

Still sorting things out with my friend in Long Beach. Figured I'd make the best of it and head out there a day prior, just need solid word if I can stay at his place the day before the gathering.

If I do go, I've got my Peachtree Decco integrated I can bring along as well as a pair of MIT Shotgun S3's. We'll see what else....
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• Erik Tracy
    edited July 2010
    I just need final ok on my 'kitchen pass' for Saturday and I should be able to make it.

I can bring:
    B&W CDM 1NT bookshelves - anyone got stands?
    Cambridge Audio 640c V2 CDP
    Some AQ ICs

Will there be an SACD player? I can bring some disks.

I would bring my Oppo 83, but if there is another better SACD player then there's no point in me bringing my BDP.

• Huck344
    edited July 2010
    Erik:

I am planing on bringing my dynaudio contours, so I will wrap up and bring the stands as well. I would assume the B&W's would fit on those.
  • dpowell
    edited July 2010
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    Well - since this is an SD Polk Fest - gotta get some local brew!
    beer.gif

Karl Strauss or Stone Brewery....surprise us! :D

Guys, just wanted to let you know that you don't need to plan me into the head count for the brew. Just personal preference. I don't mind others having a drink as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Freddy, glad you might be able to make it.

Erik, I have a Denon 3910 DVD/SACD player as well as an Oppo and I would say the Denon definitely has the upper hand over the Oppo.

I'll provide Steaks and throw some potatoes in the oven.

Other things we should have:

Salad
    Baked beans? (easy to bring in cans and heat here)
    Chips/veggie platter and dip to snack on through the day.
    what else?
  • Norm Apter
    edited July 2010
    dpowell wrote: »

Salad
    Baked beans? (easy to bring in cans and heat here)
    Chips/veggie platter and dip to snack on through the day.
    what else?

I mentioned a few different kinds of salad above, but I'll make a point of including a regular (green) one.

Freddie--are your MIT Shotgun S-3s: ICs or Speaker cables? I've got both so let's know and I'll bring the other.
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner

HT