Capitol Area Audiofest

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2010
    Are you in a Vince Lombardi mode Jesse? :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2010
    Hahaha, according to the conversation we had today his is. He was wanting to hurt somebody earlier, I believe it was the two Volvo drivers he got stuck behind doing 10 miles under the speed limit! LOL!!!
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2010
    Well, if you live on the old people/ speed demon(Jesse) roads we do....you'd feel the same way. I applaud him in his hatred of them lol.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2010
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Well, if you live on the old people/ speed demon(Jesse) roads we do....you'd feel the same way. I applaud him in his hatred of them lol.

Hey man I got new for you when I see a Maryland tag on the back of a car here in Delaware I do everything in my power to get past them. They just love to camp out in the left lane and stay neck and neck with the car to their right . . . the worst is when they lag behind and there is an opening to get around them and they speed up to close the gap just as you are speeding up to go around them! UGH!;)

Chuck use to like to do that stuff to out of staters!:eek:

One day I went around an older lady with Maryland tags who was just hogging the left lane going 40 in a 50 MPH zone and I zing around her. She was so pist that I got around her that she followed me into the strip mall I was going to just to wave her cell phone at me like she was calling the police. WACKO personified!:D

I have no idea how you Maryland guys keep the road rage to a minimum.
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited May 2010
    Mark,
    Al gave the A-ok to release me from the cubicicicicicle on the 11th, So i will be down there to aid in the chaos!!!
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited May 2010
    What day is everyone going?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2010
    I'll be there from Thursday night thru Sunday. So you lucky folks have no choice but to actually interact with me at some point. If the haters can agree on a time, I'll make myself scarce for a couple hours :D

It appears to be a more Saturday or Sunday thing Face.
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited May 2010
    I will be down there friday/sat/sunday
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2010
    you guys have a wonderful time and be careful.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2010
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2010
    Any local Polkies that don't have any Thursday evening plans are welcome to come down and help setup. I'll ensure you're fed and hydrated and you can get some behind the scenes looks at what's going on elsewhere in the building.

PM for my phone number if you're interested.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2010
    I'd like to but our car isn't running in the best condition right now.

If there are any Polkies coming down I 95 from the north I could use a ride, I'm only 7 minutes off it either Thursday night or the day of the Audiofest. I would love to help set up.
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2010
    I have enough help guys, all is well. F1Nut is shuttling and bringing his ears as well, personal friends Randy and Tom are helping out and Len Shufelt from Polk is coming down too.

We'll have everything fairly dialed in by midnight if not sooner....tweak a bit the next day. Len and I are raiding the warehouse and office area on Thursday for goodies and stuff we can steal until Monday. SSSSSsssssshhhhh don't tell anyone.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2010
    I got your back. I'll be in Brooklyn and Lindenhurst, L.I.

Anything at all comes up, give me a ring, I'm there.
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2010
    It would be a great time George, would love to see you and I'll take care of you personally. Let me be your concierge :)
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2010
    Any of you Polkies North of Delaware going? I need a ride. I'm seven minutes off of I 95.
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2010
    Here's the lineup of gear:

Rack - Adona
    Amplifier - CTC BBQ & Ayre V5xe
    Pre-amplifier - Ayre K5xe
    CDP(SACD) - Ayre C5xe & Sony SCD-777ES
    Loudspeakers - Polk LSi15, LSi9 , SDA CRS+ & Monitor 10
    Audio Cables - MIT Magnum 1.3 Gen3 Speaker Cables, Magnum 1.3 Gen3 Interconnects
    Power Cables - Signal Cable

We have a large library of CD's and will be running a Wadia dock and a couple different upsampling DAC's for my iTouch. I'll post some pics and will most likely be streaming video. If you want to see the video, contact me offline.
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2010
    Any of you Polkies North of Delaware going? I need a ride. I'm seven minutes off of I 95.
    At yuour age, a little walking could do you some good ;):D:p... just kidding of course... NOT :p
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2010
    Here's the lineup of gear:

Rack - Adona
    Amplifier - CTC BBQ & Ayre V5xe
    Pre-amplifier - Ayre K5xe
    CDP(SACD) - Ayre C5xe & Sony SCD-777ES
    Loudspeakers - Polk LSi15, LSi9 , SDA CRS+ & Monitor 10
    Audio Cables - MIT Magnum 1.3 Gen3 Speaker Cables, Magnum 1.3 Gen3 Interconnects
    Power Cables - Signal Cable

We have a large library of CD's and will be running a Wadia dock and a couple different upsampling DAC's for my iTouch. I'll post some pics and will most likely be streaming video. If you want to see the video, contact me offline.
    I wish it were possible to drop by to see your set-up(s). The amps look very nice, what are the price tags on those?

Cheers!
    TK
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2010
    High.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2010
    Mark,

Are you going to have any subs?
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2010
    I have a DSW MicroPro 4000 but unfortunately I was under the impression I was getting a different pre-amp. It has no pre-outs and is an integrated amplifier. You wouldn't happen to have a pre-amp or something with pre-outs that I could borrow? I can't run the BBQ and am 100% Ayre for now.

Al ordered a different DAC than I was expecting so no upsampling my iTouch....ugh, just a lot of little things kinda went wrong but the room is up and running.

Call me in the AM.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2010
    You won't need 'em in that room. I fully expect people to be asking you where the sub is, without one playing.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited June 2010
    For anyone on the fence, get off of it. There's all kinds of really cool gear, besides Polk, at the show. I saw perhaps the smallest pair of tube mono block amps in the audio world.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited June 2010
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    You won't need 'em in that room. I fully expect people to be asking you where the sub is, without one playing.

I agree. It would be too much bass. We have it out for display along with some vintage tweeters and some other stuff. I'll have some pics tomorrow afternoon for you Russ.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    For anyone on the fence, get off of it. There's all kinds of really cool gear, besides Polk, at the show. I saw perhaps the smallest pair of tube mono block amps in the audio world.

Not on the fence. Have no means to get there! Dying to be there but not on a bicyle.

Bueller . . . Bueller . . . Bueller . . .anyone . . . anyone. . . anyone?
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2010
    I got involved in the really early stages of this show and when we left tonight....UNREAL, it's a full blown, hardcore event man. Anyone worth hearing is here....no joke. I traded tshirts with Albert from Manley Labs and we're working with Grape Vine Audio(Local) to have him run the RTiA9 on his super cool gear.

There's a swap meet for gear on Sunday and a TON, TON, TON of vinyl here. The "modified" rig is the following:

Polk Audio LSi9 & LSi7
    Polk Audio RTiA9
    Ayre CX7e Evolution CDP & Sony SCD-777ES(Tomorrow)
    Ayre AX7e Evolution Integrated Amplifier
    MIT Cables
    Signal Cable
    Bright Star Audio Isolation
    Adona Corporation Rack
    Usher Audio Stands

We are setup by Polk Audio, Joe Abrams of Equus Audio & MIT Cables, my personal best friend/sherpa Randall and your well known Club Polk member F1Nut(Jesse). Not to mention Len Shufelt, Kyle Shufelt, Kim Jasper, Al Ballard, Shelia Edwards, Greg O'Rourke and others from Polk HQ that really pulled out all the stops to help me get this event solid.

Please give these guys a hand because I could not have completed setup tonight by myself.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2010
    I got involved in the really early stages of this show and when we left tonight....UNREAL, it's a full blown, hardcore event man. Anyone worth hearing is here....no joke.

There's a swap meet for gear on Sunday and a TON, TON, TON of vinyl here.

Oh boy, you know of any bus routes from Newark to DC?
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited June 2010
    Crap; this is SO close to me but I'm working all weekend....
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    edited June 2010
    Wish I was up that way. This sounds like a wonderful show. Maybe there will be one in the Austin/San Antonio area some day.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com