Ohio Get together

xsmi
xsmi Posts: 1,786
Any Interest?
2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
Post edited by xsmi on

Comments

• j allen
    j allen Posts: 363
    edited June 2010
    I could be interested. It would depend on when and where.
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited June 2010
    ^What he said.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • j allen
    edited June 2010
    This thread seems awfully quiet... No one wants to do it? I could throw my place up as an option, provided folks could accept that it's the size of a matchbox, and somewhat acoustically challenged. I do have plenty of parking space and a decent grill though :)
  • xsmi
    edited June 2010
    I'd love to host but I live 10 away from good hotels and only have one bedroom to offer. If you guys don't mind sleeping on foldout couches and floors I'll host. North West Ohio is my location.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • nduitch
    nduitch Posts: 316
    edited June 2010
    I live in Northeast ohio. I would be up for a gathering.
  • nduitch
    nduitch Posts: 316
    edited June 2010
    Also my brother would be interested
  • bsturgeon89
    bsturgeon89 Posts: 128
    edited June 2010
    I'm up for it. I live in Findlay. I also wouldn't mind hosting if it helps cut some of the distance off for people so they can make it.

Either way, I'm in.
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    I also wanted to add that I live in the country so being too loud will not be a problem. I have a couple beds, a pullout couch, a sectional and plenty of floor space.

Either way, lets have it somewhere!
  • j allen
    edited June 2010
    I can drive to wherever, provided it isn't exceptionally far. Don't have much to offer in the way of cool stuff. I could bring my LS50's if you guys want?

Maybe we should start hammering out a concrete location and a date...?
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    So whats going on here?

Does anyone want to make this happen?
  • xsmi
    edited June 2010
    If you could host that would be great! i could bring my SRS-2's.
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    Sure,

I would love to host.

Lets start talking dates and see when people can make it.

I'm pretty busy til the 4th and then I'm going on vacation after that. The earliest I could do is July 24th.
  • xsmi
    edited June 2010
    24th works for me!
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    Cool,

lets see if we can get any followers!!
  • j allen
    edited June 2010
    I'll go in for July 24th. In addition to LS50's, I can bring the Aztec Gauguin's I just got. It's possible that they sound awful and I just can't tell due to hearing damage, but they're a big, heavy, impressive looking curiousity if nothing else.
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    As of today including myself in the count, we have 4 attending with 2 possibles.

Anyone else giving any thought?
  • j allen
    edited June 2010
    Random question: what's the age range on the attendees? Should I bring my false beard as well so I can fit in? :D
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    j allen wrote: »
    Random question: what's the age range on the attendees? Should I bring my false beard as well so I can fit in? :D

Well,

I will be 40 July 29th.

One guy that is coming but isn't a member of CP is in late 40s early 50s.

Don't know about anyone else. Unless I invite a couple of my cousins to join in, then they will be in their mid to late 20s
  • j allen
    edited June 2010
    Well,

I will be 40 July 29th.

One guy that is coming but isn't a member of CP is in late 40s early 50s.

Don't know about anyone else. Unless I invite a couple of my cousins to join in, then they will be in their mid to late 20s

False beard it is! Don't fret though, I am over 21, so you won't have a minor running around :)

edit: I am also housebroken, and fairly well behaved.
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    We've never discussed a time. What time would we like to get the party started?
  • xsmi
    edited June 2010
    I will be 42 on the 13th of July and I will be there whenever you are ready.
  • j allen
    edited June 2010
    I'll have the entire day of the 24th off. What time do you like? Also, how late is planned? Do I need the 25th off as well?
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    I say we start around 12-1. I'll have some finger food ready for lunch and then we can have dinner whenever we want.

There is no hurry to leave. I should have the house all to myself so we can play as loud and long as we want too. Depends on how fast we fatigue. If you want to crash, I have some space.

It goes without saying I'm sure, but bring whatever material you want. DVDs, BRs, SACDs.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2010
    I'd love to make it. A bit far north for me for a one day trip, but depending on what's going on that weekend I might get away with it.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I'd love to make it. A bit far north for me for a one day trip, but depending on what's going on that weekend I might get away with it.

Well depending on the drive, I can reserve a bed for you. I have plenty of floor space too so if anyone wants to bring an air mattress.........
  • j allen
    edited June 2010
    Perhaps we could discuss what all we want to bring with us? I imagine we don't want to have two people show up with the same album, etc.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2010
    Well depending on the drive, I can reserve a bed for you. I have plenty of floor space too so if anyone wants to bring an air mattress.........

I'll let you know when we get closer to the date. Need to let the "boss" work on the agenda. If I can get away with spending the night, I'm in.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    Music wise I have a little of everything. So it would be kind of hard to say what not to bring. Just bring whatever you feel like hauling. At the moment, I don't have any Rush, Metalica, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Van Halen, just to name some so if anyone has this stuff bring it.

I just recently started building a SACD collection and this is what I have so far. I can't remember all the titles so forgive me.

The Wallflowers
    Marvin Gaye
    Norah Jones
    Eric Clapton
    3 Doors Down-Away From the Sun
    Police-Every Breathe You Take
    Pink Floyd-DSOTM
    1812 Overture
    John Legend

and some others I can't remember at the moment.

Music DVDs....some DVD-A and some DTS

Eagles-Hell Freezes Over, Hotel California
    .38 Special
    Eddie Money
    Blue Man Group
    Jason Aldean

and probably a few more by the time the fest begins.

One thing I don't have at the moment is a sub. I doubt it will be here for the fest but you never know. I do have a Velodyne sms-1 so if anyone would like to bring a sub. That would be great.

Thats a good start for now.

:D
  • j allen
    edited June 2010
    I loathe Metallica, so don't look for any of that from me. I only have a couple of SACDs, but I can bring

Dire Straights - Brothers in Arms (which has an absolutely great 5.1 mix, btw)
    Living Stereo Series Rimsky Korsakov - Scheherazade/Stravinsky - Song of the Nightingale
    (It's a 3 channel stereo mix, so a different take on the multichannel thing)

I'll leave the Tower of Power - Soul Vaccination SACD at home, unless someone really wants to hear it. The regular cd version honestly sounds better, though.

I've got a little baby psw-111 I can bring if we end desperate for a sub. If nothing else, it isn't a difficult one to move, being an 8 inch subwoofer.

Also, if anyone needs some inexpensive stuff from parts express, I can pick it up beforehand and take CoD. Let me know; I'm only 20-30 min North of them, depending on traffic. Money will probably be a bit tight, as I'll have get one of my vehicles conditioned for a 2-2 1/2 drive, so nothing huge, please.
  • bsturgeon89
    edited June 2010
    j allen wrote: »
    I loathe Metallica, so don't look for any of that from me. I only have a couple of SACDs, but I can bring

Dire Straights - Brothers in Arms (which has an absolutely great 5.1 mix, btw)
    Living Stereo Series Rimsky Korsakov - Scheherazade/Stravinsky - Song of the Nightingale
    (It's a 3 channel stereo mix, so a different take on the multichannel thing)

I'll leave the Tower of Power - Soul Vaccination SACD at home, unless someone really wants to hear it. The regular cd version honestly sounds better, though.

I've got a little baby psw-111 I can bring if we end desperate for a sub. If nothing else, it isn't a difficult one to move, being an 8 inch subwoofer.

Also, if anyone needs some inexpensive stuff from parts express, I can pick it up beforehand and take CoD. Let me know; I'm only 20-30 min North of them, depending on traffic. Money will probably be a bit tight, as I'll have get one of my vehicles conditioned for a 2-2 1/2 drive, so nothing huge, please.

I have the Brother In Arms SACD so you can leave it at home.

We most likely won't need a sub. With the Carvers and the 2.3tls altogether there are 8-12s and 2-15s. I just thought it would be nice to have a sub to get the really low end stuff and plus I'm alittle anxious to hear what a sub would sound like with it.