Any interest in a Mpls get together

NotaSuv
NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
Anyone interested in getting together on a weekend day for tunes and Q......I have a big yard,room on the deck, and a non gas grill ;)...listening room isnt that large but have some nice mid fi equipment to play with....also have a freezer full 50# :) of some beautiful wild Alaskan sockeye salmon that is quite tasty on the grill........would also be nice to put some faces with the names.....
Post edited by NotaSuv on

Comments

• cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited April 2010
    I'm about 3 hours away and would be willing to come if that would be ok.
  • NotaSuv
    edited April 2010
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    I'm about 3 hours away and would be willing to come if that would be ok.

Open to all.......
  • cstmar01
    edited April 2010
    sweet just let me know of what weekend your thinking. I'm pretty much open all of may except the mothers day weekend but wasn't sure how far out you were looking.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited April 2010
    Depending on the date, I may be up for a trip home...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • cstmar01
    edited April 2010
    what date were you looking at? May, April, June?
  • NotaSuv
    edited April 2010
    what date were you looking at? May, April, June?

looking at sometime in June, I also have a bunch of free nights aquired thru work at LaQuinta Inns which is a mile from the house for anyone driving a few hours or more and wants to stay overnight, happy to set you up for the night only a mile from the Mall of America too..think I have 8-10 free nights.........looking at a Saturday....I am open right now the entire month as I dont work weekends anymore
  • cstmar01
    edited April 2010
    June would probably work fine for me. I only had one weekend that I was going to be gone in detriot, but other than that I'm pretty much open. I will have to double check my schedule at work and see when I took off for that trip and let you know.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2010
    I guess it will quit snowing by then;).................you guys should get together and have a ball, the get togethers make CP go on a much different level, take pics and stuff.

RT1
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited April 2010
    maybe a Twins home game at the new stadium?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • NotaSuv
    edited April 2010
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Never been to MN 20 hour drive for me one way! June 12 and 19 already booked. Which day you thinking of?

Sal

For that long a drive I can work with your schedule and get ya 2-3 nights of lodging.....figure the 5-8 Club or Matts for Juicy Lucy's, fries and beer is a must do...
  • dbaldus
    dbaldus Posts: 730
    edited April 2010
    I'm definitely down for a get-together.

I've got plans for a few weekends in July and August, but June should be pretty open for me and it would be awesome to meet a few fellow forum members (in person, that is) :)

2-channel
    Squeezebox Touch| MSB Analog DAC | Audio Research Ref 40 Anniversary Edition| Pass Labs X350.8 | Wilson Audio Sasha 2

Home Theater
    Arcam AVR 550 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Aon 3 | JL Audio Fathom F113v2
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited April 2010
    I'd be up for this. Let's hear a date!
  • NotaSuv
    edited April 2010
    I'd be up for this. Let's hear a date!

How does Saturday June 5th 2 pm sound?
  • dane_peterson
    edited April 2010
    Got it on my calendar. No gear to contribute right now, but that can always change in a matter of months.
  • NotaSuv
    edited April 2010
    Got it on my calendar. No gear to contribute right now, but that can always change in a matter of months.

June 5th it is...........as small as our house is now there aint alot of room for extra gear and a bunch of people lol....I will provide all food and snacks, those coming bring your drink of choice.............have a fire pit if anyone has a pair of Bose to sacrifice..
  • dbaldus
    edited April 2010
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    June 5th it is...........as small as our house is now there aint alot of room for extra gear and a bunch of people lol....I will provide all food and snacks, those coming bring your drink of choice.............have a fire pit if anyone has a pair of Bose to sacrifice..

lol... no Bose here, but I'll be there on June 5th!

2-channel
    Squeezebox Touch| MSB Analog DAC | Audio Research Ref 40 Anniversary Edition| Pass Labs X350.8 | Wilson Audio Sasha 2

Home Theater
    Arcam AVR 550 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Aon 3 | JL Audio Fathom F113v2
  • cstmar01
    edited April 2010
    I could probably do June 5th as well.
  • polkfan38
    polkfan38 Posts: 360
    edited April 2010
    Hey Notasuv! It is cool to see there are a few of us up here on the Tundra! I see you have a event scheduled for June 5th. I work a lot on weekends but, I should know within two weeks of that date if it is feasable for me to attend. It sounds like it would be a fun time!
    Things are more like they are now than they ever will be!
  • NotaSuv
    edited April 2010
    June 5th it is.............would love to have ya come over
  • NotaSuv
    edited May 2010
    JUNE 5th 2PM it will be......to make it a little special I will break out a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue ...should know by then which job direction I'm going so a job celebration too :)
    PM me, feel free to bring whoever,whatever....large fenced yard very pet friendly....

John
  • raidersrule76
    raidersrule76 Posts: 471
    edited May 2010
    ah John that sucks my daughter is having her grad party that day I would love to come up and meet a few of you guys and like you said put a name with the face. Oh well Im sure you guys will have a blast. Keep me in mind if you decide to do another one any time soon.

Mark
    Sig to be updated after dealing with the insurance company:(:(:(
  • dane_peterson
    edited May 2010
    I'd still like to come; working till 6:30. How long do you plan to keep the festivities rolling?
  • dbaldus
    edited June 2010
    So... how about an address via PM's so we all know where to go?

;)

2-channel

Home Theater
  • cstmar01
    edited June 2010
    dbaldus wrote: »
    So... how about an address via PM's so we all know where to go?

;)

please see his other thread, the meet was canceled.
  • dbaldus
    edited June 2010
    please see his other thread, the meet was canceled.

Oops, that's what I get for being busy at work and not browsing the forum on a daily basis ;)

Regardless, we'll have to plan something like this again as I was really looking forward to it. Best of luck to Notasuv and his family.

2-channel

Home Theater
  • dane_peterson
    edited June 2010
    I'm definitely hoping for a reschedule, and I have some gear to contribute now too!