what am i doing wrong

Options
chandler1904
chandler1904 Posts: 1
edited June 2010 in Car Subwoofer Talk
i have two mmats pro audio 15" 1000 watt subs hooked up to a PA1200.1, is this not enough power to get these to hit like they are suposed too? it doesnt seem like there is enough power. this amp was recomended by an installer. im starting to think he needs a different job....
or am i missing something?
Post edited by chandler1904 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Try posting your question in the "On The Move" section.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Thanks Jesse, moved.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited May 2010
    Options
    what kind of enclosure do you have?

Assuming you have the amp wired down to 1 ohm, you'll have 600 watts for each sub. For me that would be more than enough.

Have you had these subs wired to another sub? If your sub can handle up to 1000 watts, I would have probably went with a bigger amp.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Are those 4 ohm subs or 2 ohm or what? Even if theyre 4 ohms each, that would be 400 watts to each of them. While this aint enough to blow your windshield out, it would still easily be enough to do some serious pounding. Also, what is your gain set at?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D