Subwoofer installation Problem

Debrickj
Debrickj Posts: 3
edited July 2010 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I installed subwoofers and amp and wiring today in my car, but they dont beat at all or any noise for that matter. I have tried new RCA cables that i know work, i checked the voltage on the remote wire to the amp and its 12 volts like its supposed to be to open wires are touching. All fuses are good, subs amp and head unit are all brand new as well. Any ideas on the issue
Post edited by Debrickj on

Comments

• Debrickj
    edited May 2010
    o and the amp light is on so it is getting power as well
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited May 2010
    What equipment do you have? Give us the brand and model numbers of all your equipment.
  • Debrickj
    edited May 2010
    2 12inch kicker cvr's Alpine 500watt class D and a sony xplod head
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited May 2010
    Well brand new stuff can be defective. You need to test your preamp out of the headunit and make sure there is a signal. The Kickers are dual voice coil woofers so make sure the wiring on them is correct. I assume the Alpine amp is MONO so speaker wiring to it is straight foward. It looks like the weakess link is the headunit so I would start there.
  • PerfectCreature
    PerfectCreature Posts: 1,456
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, wiring can really screw stuff up. I remember when I did my install, my wiring was messed up, and I saw that I got power but a few of the wires were mixed up or just not connected at all.
    As for the head unit, I know I had to turn the gain up on mine ALOT (I don't reccomend this) to get even a little sound because my HU did not have a subwoofer preamp.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Rocket 33s 10ft
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest Alpha-Snake 25ft Interconnect
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
    Samsung Smart TV 40" 1080p 3D
  • findcarparts
    findcarparts Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    You should test your CPU and make sure the preamp is a sign. The Kickers are dual coil woofer, so make sure the wiring of them is correct. I guess the Alpine Amplifier MONO connect the right speaker is forward. It seems that the link is weakness the car I m going to start there.