Alan Wake

mutelight
mutelight Posts: 1,054
edited June 2011 in Video Games
Completed the game last night and I must say that it is absolutely phenomenal!

The story, gameplay, environment, and FX are all top notch! Most importantly the sound is extremely strong with engulfing ambience and razor sharp detail in all of the audio effects. The game really is an experience and the audio alone should be a reason for all you Polk fans to check out this game!
// Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
// Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
// Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
Photo Gallery
Movie and Game Collection
Post edited by mutelight on

Comments

• kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2010
    I want to play it, but it doesn't scream "buy me at $60". How does the audio compare to Dead Space?
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited May 2010
    Have you saw that xbox live movie about thie game called dark falls
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2010
    Knowing that the game was completed in 3-4 days by someone I presume is employed doesn't make me want to go out and buy it at full retail. I'll probably wait a year now. Too bad. :(
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Knowing that the game was completed in 3-4 days by someone I presume is employed doesn't make me want to go out and buy it at full retail. I'll probably wait a year now. Too bad. :(

That's the problem with all single-player-only games now. I think single player games should be $40, and single + multiplayer should be $60. Then you have games like Bioshock 2, where the single player was great but the multiplayer was some tacked on crap that no one will play... and that game should have been $40.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited May 2010
    The audio is just as good if not better than Dead Space.
    Demiurge wrote: »

I am employed but I took a day off solely to play this game. :p

Also, I didn't really take my time as I wanted to see where the story went and also complete it so I can move onto Red Dead.

I definitely see myself going back and playing through again with the video commentary and picking up things I missed on the first time around.

Also, another episode drops in July and I can't wait!
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2010
    Anybody know if this is gonna make it to PC? I dont know that much about it but I hear its supposed to be kinda Max Payne'ish which is fine by me cause I loved both those games.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited May 2010
    Its max payne with a flashlight
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited June 2011
    Just finished this last night. I can't believe I waited so long to pick this up. Best single player experience I've had in a very long time. Audio was superb. My wife got absorbed watching the opening intro that she made me only play when she could watch.

If you haven't played this yet, pick it up in the bargain bin. Turn out the lights, crank up your surround sound, and enjoy!
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2011
    I ended up picking this up on the cheap... and though I haven't finished it (because so many other games have come out since I got it that I'm swamped), I was very impressed with it and will definitely jump back in to finish it soon.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp