Red Dead Redemption

mutelight
mutelight Posts: 1,054
edited September 2011 in Video Games
This looks great! I absolutely cannot wait for this to drop! :cool:

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/index.html
// Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
// Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
// Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
Photo Gallery
Movie and Game Collection
Post edited by mutelight on

Comments

• avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited May 2009
    Too funny Mute. Me and my kiddo's wore out the Red Dead Revolver disk for the original XBox. What a great game that was. And today I watched the trailer on youtube, it brought back some really fun gaming times.

One thing I do remember about Red Dead Revolver is it was one of the most bloodiest games I had played up to that point. Just sheer over the top blood. FEAR puts it to shame now, but at the time it was just crazy. And the slow-mo dead-eye quick draw was just freaking fun.

Again great game, really looking forward to the release, and I was quite shocked about the sequal.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • mutelight
    edited May 2009
    Yeah man, I am really stoked for this one, especially using the new graphical engine, the Euphoria engine, Image Metrics, etc. The visuals look stunning, especially the environment.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2010
    Releasing on May 18th. I have mine pre-ordered through Amazon as of last night with a $20 credit, which is awesome. I'll be applying it to Alan Wake, which they don't have any deals on other than some avatar content and other worthless stuff.

I have never been disappointed by a Rock Star game I have purchased outside of Table Tennis.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited May 2010
    I'm going to look into this game when I get home (can't access game stuff from work PC)
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2010
    Willow wrote: »
    I'm going to look into this game when I get home (can't access game stuff from work PC)

What about Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dead_Redemption

There are lots of trailers and videos at IGN, etc. for when you get home.
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2010
    Combat and gunplay is a major part of the game. Gunfights in Red Dead Redemption are conducted using a third-person system. The player can take cover, target a specific person, blindfire, and free aim. Individual body parts can also be targeted, as to take targets down nonlethally. When the player shoots an enemy, the game engine uniquely creates the AI reactions and movements. John Marston has an arsenal of period-accurate weapons to choose from; that include revolvers, lever or bolt-action rifles, knives, explosives, lassos, mounted gatling guns, shotguns, and cannons

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited May 2010
    Cant wait to drag you guys along the dirt on my horse in this game
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited May 2010
    I saw the title of the thread and thought you had found the cure to the RROD troubles of the Xbox 360.:D

I feel stupid now.:p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2010
    Will be in-hand in a couple hours.

IGN gave it a 9.7 in early reviews. Awesome!
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2010
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2010
    How could they release it for XBox and PS3 but not PC??? Man, that looks like an awesome game. That I'll just have to wish I could play. :(
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited May 2010
    PS3 and xbox game on sale at Buy.com for 45.99 w free shipping . All you need to do is add to cart to get discount. You can order through your paypal account and then you need not have to register. Thanks,darryl
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mutelight
    edited May 2010
    Playing it right now while my Alan Wake LE sits on my desk. This is so conflicting!

I have only scratched the surface of Red Dead but the characters and environment are absolutely gorgeous!
    Photo Gallery
  • Willow
    edited May 2010
    with all the work on my deck and porch I have not even had a chance to go pick it up! :mad:
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2010
    I'm so torn on whether to buy this. Love the genre, but... I hated GTA4's controls and structure so much that I only finished 14% of the game, and this looks similar.

I have a gift card for Best Buy so I could get it for free... but I just can't decide whether to snag this or wait to use it for Crackdown 2. The ridiculously high reviews aren't helping me make up my mind either!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • Willow
    edited May 2010
    I have a GC for EB games and I'm tempted. I'll check it out for sure before I buy but it sounds like fun!
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2010
    Wow! Was helping some guy who's buddy was being hung by shooting the rope down. Then a storm kicked up. The lightning effects are absolutely freakin' amazing.

Loving this game.
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    I broke down and picked the game up anyway. Guess I'll see what I think later tonight!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2010
    It looks pretty sick, can you play online?

Yep, but I haven't done so yet. Single player is too engrossing.
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    Okay... the hour or so of single player that I got in was really good... but once I joined up in a posse with a couple of friends, SOLD. We had so much fun doing the missions and then just **** around to see who could get Most Wanted status the quickest. So far, the posse stuff is incredible.

Glad I picked it up. I'm fairly impressed so far.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • wahaneebelly
    wahaneebelly Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    Red Dead Redemption, its is ahead of its time, but the reality is that this is a game of and for the times. Rockstar shows an uncanny ability to hold a mirror up to society and remind us that present day hot button issues like racism, Rockstar's latest open-world game that's set in the wild, wild, west and features a few co-op opportunities, hits the stores today and we've got a special treat for all you lil' doggies.
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2010
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    Had to share this: The moment that made me realize I'd made the right choice to buy this was when I got into a friend's game, joined his posse, was riding along on my busted looking donkey... and out of nowhere, a freakin' cougar pounces from a bush and bites my donkey right in the ****, then runs away before I can shoot him! :D

I seriously laughed loud and hard over that, 'cause it was so random! For like 10 minutes, I kept muttering "F#%king stupid cougar gonna kill my donkey and run away." The rest of the time we played, we would occasionally see a cougar but I couldn't pull my gun in time. Tonight, I'm gonna kill me a cougar! My donkey must be avenged!

Oh, and for anyone who has seen the first horse you get in multiplayer, a friend calls him "the cancer horse". I named mine Chemo. :D
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2010
    Achievement from last night was to lasso and hogtie a prostitute and stick her on the train tracks to get hit by a train. :eek: :p
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Achievement from last night was to lasso and hogtie a prostitute and stick her on the train tracks to get hit by a train. :eek: :p

BAH HA HA HA! Okay, I'm gonna play the hell out of this over the weekend.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    edited May 2010
    Just started playing this, this is cool...
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    I was doing the last American Appetite mission, and you're supposed to lasso this man and take him back to a guy who turns out to be a cannibal. So, the first time, I accidentally rode over the guy, mission failed. I exited to the dashboard (cheating, I know), reloaded, and tried again. This time, the guy I was supposed to lasso got away because I was on foot and foolishly didn't remember to call my horse. Exit to dash, reload... I call my horse, lasso the guy, hogtie him, start to put him on my horse... then a freakin' cougar pounces on him and kills him. I panicked and hit Y, which made me climb on my horse... which the cougar then pounced on and killed. I shot wildly at the cougar, which continued his killing spree by ending my life. EXIT TO DASH AGAIN, RELOAD... did the mission... cut the hogtied guy loose after shooting crazy cannibal guy in the head... and as the guy is running off, he's mauled to death by a pack of wolves.

I guess that guy was just destined to die!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2010
    I downloaded the zombie expansion today...absolutely incredible. IGN gave it 10.0 MASTERFUL rating, which it well deserves. Good times.
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited October 2010
    I have the game, but haven't played it yet. I see some Red Dead in my near future!!!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited October 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I downloaded the zombie expansion today...absolutely incredible. IGN gave it 10.0 MASTERFUL rating, which it well deserves. Good times.

I Hit level 29 on the zombie multiplayer tonight