2nd Annual Texas Polk Gathering

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    Yeah, I have to make sure I can get off work, make sure girlfriend doesn't throw a fit, etc.

At least the trip does now seem like a doable reality (and would be a total blast). My Bimmer makes a sweet road trip car, unless there is snow on the ground, then I might as well be in an '82 Camaro.

Lets make sure we tie off on this and drink some beer together regardless! sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2003
    Sounds good. You can email me at badtoby@msn.com. I'm leaving today to head up to Lincoln, NE for the weekend, for the k-state/husker game, but we can get in touch at a later date.

peace.
  • TheMaster
    TheMaster Posts: 184
    edited November 2003
    Two thumbs up to Russ for putting this cool even together. I saw some of the pictures from the last Polk gathering and it seemed very fun. I hate it that I could not attend this event but, I know that you guys will have a blast. Could not wait to see the pictures.

Glenn
    HT:

DENON AVR-3803
    DENON DVM-1805
    SONY DVP-NS300

SONY 36' HDTV Wega

ADCOM GFA-555
    ADCOM GFA-555
    ADCOM GFA-2535
    ADCOM ACE-515

POLK RTi70's (Bi-Amped)
    POLK CSi40
    POLK FXi30's
    POLK RTi38's
    POLK CSi20
    POLK PSW 450
    SVS PB2 Plus

2 CH Stereo:

AudioSource Pre/Amp 1
    Hafler DH-500
    Sony CDP-CX235
    Monster Cable HTS3500

SDA SRS 2.3tl
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited November 2003
    I'll be there. Put me on that list Russman.

Put me down for some LSi and Rotel gear if it's needed.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2003
    russ,
    Will having the "law" there cramp our style? :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited November 2003
    I can attest to the pricktitude of TX cops.....;)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by brettw22
    I can attest to the pricktitude of TX cops.....;)

why? did you date one ?? :eek:

WAaAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

sorry brett, i JUST couldn't resist that one.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    edited November 2003
    Dang son, I'll be in Terrell the weekend before for the LoneStar Bottlehead meet. Don't know that I'm up to a 5 hour drive two weekends in a row. We'll have to have a mini-meet over the Thanksgiving holidays. I'll be in Garland on the 28th.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2003
    Sounds like a plan, I'll see you in Terrell also, VERY much looking forward to it.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Wardsweb
    edited November 2003
    Great to finally meet you Russ. Thanks for letting me drool over some of your gear.
  • Wardsweb
    edited November 2003
    The meet should be a great success with the gear you have alone.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2003
    Wards,

It was a REAL treat to meet you, and I'm thrilled you actually heard some things you like - Coming from an educated man that has a room with 3000 watts, and next door a room with 3.5 watts - it means a LOT.

Hope you can make it, I really do.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited November 2003
    I personally plan on passing out IN the fireplace....with two Vifa tweeters as headphones, and a mic stand in my arse.

Ward, you should make every effort to come join the Russmans' get together. You are now obligated, due to your recent purchase. :) I heard the visit was very cool, and the Bottlehead meet sounds equally neat to me....tubes are my future.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Getting close here fellas.....

Another email will go out by eod tomorrow. Main focus now is trying to a get a solid number of who and who isn't showing.

Gear list is being finalized, any last-minute submissions / deletions let me know!

Cheers,
    Russ
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2003
    Is Dorokusai bringing a mic stand, or do you already have one?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited December 2003
    Might have to step out for a couple hours to get my car tuned while I'm in McKinney ;)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Steve@3dai
    edited December 2003
    Btw, is anyone going to have some Signal Cable interconnects? I'm interested in hearing them.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2003
    Steve - I will be bringing a pair of Signal Cable Analog 2.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Steve@3dai
    edited December 2003
    Awesome, that's what I want to check out.

Also, Russ, you gonna have some DVD-Audio capable playback machines?
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    I personally don't, no.

I'll get an email out today, and get the gear list firmed up - we'll see what we can do.

Worse case, I guess we could go buy one, and return it afterwards.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Worse case, I guess we could go buy one, and return it afterwards.

Cheers,
    Russ

I have done that...lol
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Email update just went out, I need to hear from EVERYONE.

If you didn't get it, PM or EMAIL me.

Get ready guys, this is going to be one for the record books!

Cheers,
    Russ
  • yale006
    yale006 Posts: 45
    edited December 2003
    Hey, didn't find out about this till know don't go into this part of the forum much.

I would like to come also. Put me on the list for know.

Hopefully i won't be to busy at school. Should be to much work cause i will have only had 8 days of actual class.

Plus the 5 hr drive from lubbock is also something to think about.

Im from the Plano area so i know where mckinney is.

Hopefully i will be able to make it out.

Email: yale062002@yahoo.com
    System:
    Reciever - HK AVR225 - last legs
    Front- RTiA9s
    Center - CSi40
    Rear - RTi38's
    Sub – SVS 20-39 PCi
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2003
    Yale - Stop BS'n and come on out.... ;)

I would hope everyone "CLOSE" would make every effort to come out to Russ' gathering....I am traveling from Maryland for gosh sakes...!!!!
  • yale006
    edited December 2003
    Dang u are come from way out there.

I am sure going to try my best to make it there.

I am planning on being there. Unless something drastic happens in lubbock. Otherwise ill be there!
    System:
    Front- RTiA9s
    Center - CSi40
    Rear - RTi38's
    Sub – SVS 20-39 PCi
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited January 2004
    travel is impossible for me now. i still want the 15's so i insist extra dollars are included. we need cartons:D
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    We've had a couple cancellations, Dallasites, I know you are out there, speak up!!!
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2004
    Hey POLKIES!!!

This is an excellent opportunity to have a genuine, multiple demo experience. Russ has put together an outstanding collection of Polk speakers, as well as, some great editions of non-Polk models.

Where else will you be able to experience some of what we talk about day after day....night after night??? I know that not everybody wants to do the flight thing, that's a given, but locals should really be altering plans to attend. I use that term local loosely.

A 4 hour trip, for example, would be a perfect all day getaway, to hear some good music and talk to some new friends.

Russ has Official POLK support....Official SIGNAL CABLE support...and UN-official Sprint PCS support.

There may be additional suprises!

Hey, Polkies and nearby Polkies....just be aware that this is a big thing for some of us, and that it is available for you to check out. It would be a shame to not see some friendly faces at Russ' and talk some ****.

Think about it, and make it happen folks. Thanks for reading :D
  • yale006
    edited January 2004
    When are we going to get the directions to his house? I just need an adress.

Email Me
    Yale062002@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Yale woodard
    System:
    Front- RTiA9s
    Center - CSi40
    Rear - RTi38's
    Sub – SVS 20-39 PCi
  • Steve@3dai
    edited January 2004
    I'll be out there, but the Polk WRX Wagon will be late ;) It's got a fuel rail problem.

Pardon the dust on the trim ring around the head unit, hahaha.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200