2nd Annual Texas Polk Gathering

Comments

• PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited November 2003
    Steve... wanna carpool?? i know you've got all that space in the wagon :D

i'd be willing to help pay for gas of course. this is all assuming i'm not buried in work around that time.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2003
    I'll volunteer to help pick up any who are flying in.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by PhantomOG
    Steve... wanna carpool?? i know you've got all that space in the wagon :D

i'd be willing to help pay for gas of course. this is all assuming i'm not buried in work around that time.

Yea, that's cool. If you'd like you can stay at my parents house in Ft. Worth too.

For future reference, phone is 512-947-0288
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • dan t
    dan t Posts: 206
    edited November 2003
    Even though I won't be attending Russ, I think it's pretty cool that you are hosting this gathering. Right on, thumbs up!

Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2003
    Right on Dan.

Guys, go ahead and PM me with a list of what gear you can swing, I'm compiling a list - and will get the first group email out tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited November 2003
    OK, dorokusai is Texas bound!

Count me in for vomiting and a police chase if at all possible :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited November 2003
    Vomiting AND a police chase? Man you guys are making this tough.

Mr. Gates - You are quite the man for hosting and organizing this event. Your wife must be quite the woman too.

I hope to at least be able to send somthing for the cause. Maybe some ICs for the blind test. Or at least an ice pick for the blinding.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2003
    sounds like it's going to be a blast, Russ! wish I could be there...need any analog 2 for the DBT?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2003
    Polkatese - I am bringing 1 pr. Analog 1 and 1 pr. 10ft. Double Run...that would be cool to have the Analog 2 on site.

Gidrah - :D Blinding is cool
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited November 2003
    You will provide pics to the people here who can't attend right?

Maurice
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2003
    I am positive pics will be in the too many category :) No worries Organ.

Russ has it all worked out, its gonna be fantastic!
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited November 2003
    Awesome! Can't wait to see them:D.

Maurice
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2003
    pm me with the addy and I'll be happy to loan analog 2 for your shootout...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2003
    I didn't get a group email!:confused:
  • PhantomOG
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by wallstreet
    I didn't get a group email!:confused:

was there a group email sent? i didn't get one either...
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2003
    It's coming... keep your pants on.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2003
    First email has been sent, if you didn't get it, or want to be on
    'the list' - email ME.

Cheers
    Russ
  • wallstreet
    edited November 2003
    I just want to make sure that the winner doesn't have to be present to win raffle items. I will be in and out on Friday and Saturday doing pinewood derby races with the kiddos. How's the equipment list looking?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2003
    The winner will need to be present, especially for the 'photo op' for Polk. We'll work it out bud, you've got your priorities.

Equipment list email will go out in the next day or two - so far it's grown VERY large, lots of cool items.
  • wallstreet
    edited November 2003
    Are you set for A/B testing on speakers? I'm looking forward to seeing how the 90's stack up against the newer stuff.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2003
    The setup in the 'main' (largest) room will be a sight to behold, I guarantee it. There will be plenty of room for speaker comparision with a simple switch of wires, not to mention a selection of multiples of identical amps for bridged mono operation, or horizontal and vertical bi-amping as the listener sees fit.

Cheers,
    Russ

1st run of the equipment list goes out today. Looks like a REAL good list of Polks among other COOL gear.

As far as people shipping things in - I appreciate it - but have 2 issues.

1. I don't want decent gear to go through rough shipping, and end up broke or missing.

2. I don't want to get stuck with paying to ship a polethra of gear back to you guys.
  • wallstreet
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

2. I don't want to get stuck with paying to ship a polethra of gear back to you guys.

Oh, that's an easy one. No pay no ship. Free demo for us!
  • PhantomOG
    edited November 2003
    was just thinking, I know that there is a pretty small number of people on here and I assume most of them venture into "Off-Topic" every once in awhile, but this gathering seems more "ON-TOPIC" to me, and I hope no one is missing this because they don't know its in here.

with that said, I don't really see a better place to put this thread so I'll just shut-up now :p
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2003
    Does anyone live around the Kansas City area? I'm thinking about going, but that would be a boring **** drive solo.

Regards,
    PolkThug
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    Does anyone live around the Kansas City area? I'm thinking about going, but that would be a boring **** drive solo.

Regards,
    PolkThug

I'm in Lee's Summit Dude... RainTree. Where you at?

Do you like to drink heavily
    HBomb:p
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • PolkThug
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    I'm in Lee's Summit Dude... RainTree. Where you at?
    Do you like to drink heavily
    HBomb:p

I'm in Shawnee, off of Shawnee Mission Parkway. And yes I love beer, I got my own kegerator.:D (See Blast Chamber 2.0 in system showcase.)
  • HBombToo
    edited November 2003
    Looks like a party is BREWING!!!!:D

I think were probably 15 minutes apart but I'm new to KC and am not real familiar with the whole thing. I do know that effin Triangle need finished SOON! ****, we'll have to get together.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • PolkThug
    edited November 2003
    ROAD TRIP!!! I'll grab a car adapter for the pony-keg fridge. :)

Or a cheap flight KCI-Dallas, then rent-a-car...

*my place is between 435 and k-7
  • HBombToo
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    ROAD TRIP!!! I'll grab a car adapter for the pony-keg fridge. :)

Or a cheap flight KCI-Dallas, then rent-a-car...

*my place is between 435 and k-7

A road trip would be cool and I much prefer driving over flying anyday... 8 hours is no big deal for me. I'll bet your fridge will fit in my Yukon no problems:D

I have not reserved a spot yet because Lord only knows whats going to happen between then and now but I really do want to GO!!!!!!! I'm just being flexible at this time...

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • PolkThug
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, I have to make sure I can get off work, make sure girlfriend doesn't throw a fit, etc.

At least the trip does now seem like a doable reality (and would be a total blast). My Bimmer makes a sweet road trip car, unless there is snow on the ground, then I might as well be in an '82 Camaro.