Baltimore get together

124»

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2010
    Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry I had to miss yet another great meet. Boy, Jesse must have put on quite a performance judging by the huge smiles.

Tony beautiful! I mean both the GF & the 2.3TLs!;):D

BTW I know Scott, Ben & Jesse. Which is you and which is Ed?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited March 2010
    Tony is the gracious host allowing us to relax in his cozy HT recliners while he stands in the back. I've got the big smile, either because I'm sitting in the sweet spot or because I was in the front row for the pole dance.:eek:
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Tony is the gracious host allowing us to relax in his cozy HT recliners while he stands in the back. I've got the big smile, either because I'm sitting in the sweet spot or because I was in the front row for the pole dance.:eek:

hehehe

Looks like a good thing I could'nt make; I would probably need a shoehorn to fit my fat **** in those comfortable looking chairs.
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited March 2010
    Joe sorry you missed it. We did miss you. Thanks alot for , over the internet , giving me the TL upgrade. Those guys lied and didn't tell me that you could "cast a spell" over the interet to make them TL's. Jesse was lying to me the whole time.

The night was just another confirimation that it is not just speakers but the people that join us in the crazy journey that make it fun.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited March 2010
    What TL upgrade? There isn't one.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010

Tony beautiful! I mean both the GF & the 2.3TLs!

This message Jesse
  • F1nut
    edited March 2010
    Ah, gotcha.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited March 2010
    Oh yeah, cables don't matter. Just ask Tony or Ed about that.

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Duh, just used to typing TL I guess.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited March 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    Oh yeah, cables don't matter. Just ask Tony or Ed about that.

Not one single bit. Glad I went so y'all could prove it to me! I couldn't tell MIT from chicken wire.

Guess what? I found a great CL deal on some brand new little LSi7s today... (couldn't find Totems for anything close to this price) and I'm jammin' on some Dave Matthews right now... Just unplugged my RTis to test them with the Adcom. I'm looking for an amp to run another squeezebox through. Anybody know if I can bypass a pre and connect a squeezebox receiver directly to an amp, or do I need an integrated amp? I'm looking to spend about $300 or so. Ideas?
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    Congrats in the 7's Ed. Bet they sound pretty sweet.

Not sure on the Squeezebox question.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2010
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Not one single bit. Glad I went so y'all could prove it to me! I couldn't tell MIT from chicken wire.

Guess what? I found a great CL deal on some brand new little LSi7s today... (couldn't find Totems for anything close to this price) and I'm jammin' on some Dave Matthews right now... Just unplugged my RTis to test them with the Adcom. I'm looking for an amp to run another squeezebox through. Anybody know if I can bypass a pre and connect a squeezebox receiver directly to an amp, or do I need an integrated amp? I'm looking to spend about $300 or so. Ideas?

The Squeezebox Classic can control the level of the signal it outputs, so you can use it hooked up directly to an amp. I've read of a few people who have done this and reported excellent results; my gut tells me it would sound best if, eventually, you got a stand alone pre to attenuate the signal from the Squeezebox.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2010
    A day or so late, but.....I also had a great time hanging out Saturday. I wasn't expecting to stay as late as I did after a 15 hour work day, but food, beer and good company can have that result some times.

Thanks again for the hospitality Tony and Marnie.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited March 2010
    Vette C6.r wrote: »
    Way too tired to write a review for the night but it was a great time.

Thanks for all that attended.

A more formal write-up forthcoming.

It's great to see you guys had a great time. I can see exactly why you guys were smiling.

I really would like to know who the lady is holding the sign?
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    NJPOLKER wrote: »

I really would like to know who the lady is holding the sign?

That was Scott after he had too many Miller Lites.
  • NJPOLKER
    edited March 2010
    Vette C6.r wrote: »
    That was Scott after he had too many Miller Lites.

Thats some work you guys did dressing him and doing his make-up. I always thought some of you guys were in the wrong line of work :eek:
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    We added bigger tweeters too.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2010
    Vette C6.r wrote:
    We added bigger tweeters too.

Nice upgrade...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2010
    Thank God nobody touched my crossovers.:D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • NJPOLKER
    edited March 2010
    Thank God nobody touched my crossovers.:D

I think they had you crossed over their knees.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Sick pups . . . all of you!:D
  • NJPOLKER
    edited March 2010
    And proud of it. Ya jealous?
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Are you kidding . . . I put you all to shame!:D