Baltimore get together

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2010
    Per our conversation, I'm going to bring my Spectral DMC 10G preamp which I am currently using as a phono pre. It was manufactured when vinyl was king so it only has two inputs. One for phono (MM & MC with many loading options for both) and the other is a aux port which can be used for a digital source.

It was made to mate with a Spectral amplifier but I've had it hooked up to a Parasound amp and a pair of Adcom 565 mono blocks with no synergy issues but this baby is known to picky synergizing with other manufacturers amps but thus far, I haven't had that problem. I currently have it connected to my Tri-Vista 300 with no synergy issues so I would think it would mate well with whatever you have on hand . . . we shall see.
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited March 2010
    Sounds good Joe !!!!!!!! It will be nice to see what other gear sounds like.

I appreciate the effort.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2010
    Tony what do you want me to bring?
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    Scott the MIT IC's and speaker cables would be great.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Tony do you have a turntable?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited March 2010
    Looking forward to meeting you all! All I'm bringing is my ears... But if you guys don't keep your eyes on that stuff, maybe I'll leave with some nice gear! ;)

Seriously, though, I'm looking for some opinions on bookshelf speakers. I'm in the market for a pair after selling off my Emotiva amps.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2010
    I'll be stopping by after work, long as everybody's still going....
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    ^^^^jackass spamer!!!!:mad:
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    No turntable Joe.
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    Oh by the way, I wouldn't park in the "driveway" It is nothing but mud.

The street has plenty of parking.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Vette C6.r wrote: »
    No turntable Joe.

Bummer. The Spectral is a stellar performer with vinyl.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited March 2010
    Joe I can bring my Technics SL-5 if you want. It is a linear tracker so it is literally plug and play. It has a Shibata stylus and sounds pretty decent.

Just say the word.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Joe I can bring my Technics SL-5 if you want. It is a linear tracker so it is literally plug and play. It has a Shibata stylus and sounds pretty decent.

Just say the word.

Scott

Sure Scott. I assume it is a MM cartridge. No?
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited March 2010
    yes MM
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    yes MM

You're lossing me guys. What is an MM???? Better bring records as well guys.
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    F1 I haven't heard from ya in a while. Are you still in ??
  • mdaudioguy
    edited March 2010
    What is an MM????
    It's a little chocolate candy with a hard shell coating. ;)
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    It's a little chocolate candy with a hard shell coating. ;)

Smart a$$ Ed - lol
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    You're lossing me guys. What is an MM???? Better bring records as well guys.

MM = Moving Magnet Cartridge
    Better bring records as well guys.

Sorry, not a chance, unless you have a record cleaning machine.:(
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    F1 I haven't heard from ya in a while. Are you still in ??

I spoke to him last night . . . he's in.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited March 2010
    So if there is not a RCM should I still bring a TT?

Tony, I am planning on coming over @ 4-5 to drop stuff off and then I will go to my Bose Speaker get together and then be back later.

Scott
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    So if there is not a RCM should I still bring a TT?

Tony, I am planning on coming over @ 4-5 to drop stuff off and then I will go to my Bose Speaker get together and then be back later.

Scott

LMAO !!!! Scott I almost spit my coffee out. That's funny stuff.

Find out if expensive speaker wire and Emotovia amps work well with Bose.
  • chargerman426
    chargerman426 Posts: 419
    edited March 2010
    Sorry I couldn't make it today hope you guys are having a good time.
    If life had more tubes it would be a lot smoother.
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    Forthcoming Sir. I am too busy asking F1 a million questions.
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    Way too tired to write a review for the night but it was a great time.

Thanks for all that attended.

A more formal write-up forthcoming.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited March 2010
    I'd like to thank Tony and GF (sorry, I forgot her name :o) for having us over, I had a great time. It was nice to meet Ed and as always, great to hang out with Scott and Ben.

I think we got Tony's rig dialed in a bit better now, loved the speaker shirt and believe we have found a new Polk girl.

All for now.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MillerLiteScott
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for last night Tony. Had a great time and love all the rigS. I agree with Jesse, you guys got your beautiful 2.3's dialed in as the night went on. Nice to meet Ed and always good to see Jesse and Ben.

Scott
  • mdaudioguy
    edited March 2010
    Tony,
    I appreciated your hospitality. Had a great time, learned a little, and very much enjoyed DSOTM on your "new" speaks! I've heard it a million times and I heard things in some of those songs that I've never heard before... Jesse, Scott, Ben - It was geat talking with you. I enjoyed meeting all of you. Thanks again Tony! -- Ed

PS - Now when my wife and kids are unable to watch movies and play PS3 in the HT for a few days, I'll just blame y'all for making me pull the crossovers... ;)
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    OK I'll start with the picture explanations.

Pic # 1 - Everyone is smiles after Jesse gets done his dance on the red stipper pole. He claimed he hurt his back doing the "no hands" slide down the pole.
    Pic # 2 - Marnie was a great host bringing us adult beverages and food. Thanks
    Pic # 3 - My brother hooked me up with a perfect speaker night t-shirt that has an actual speaker with an amp and Ipod hook up. Crazy stuff.

Jesse - Thanks for all the help with the system. Helped alot. I'll rip the treble knob off for you. lol

Scott - Thank you for bringing the MIT's and the rest of your gear over. Big difference. Thanks agian for the CD. BTW I still have your plate from the cookies.

Ed - Great to meet you. Thanks for the food. Sorry for possible wife retaliation.

Ben - Great to meet you as well. Nice that you're so close. Hard to believe.

Thanks for joining me guys. I had a great time as well. Hopefully once I get the XO's done and maybe some new gear I would like to do it again soon.
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    Oh Sal. That was it. 5 of us.