B&W CMD-NT for my LSI9s, am I crazy?

Options
xfontanax
xfontanax Posts: 82
edited October 2003 in Speakers
Here in Okinawa, there are no Polks available, yet alone LSIs. There is, however, an authorized B&W dealer. I've been offered the CMD-NT for my LSI-9s and about $200.

I've compared the two in sound, and though they sound different, I can't say one sounds better than the other. Who's heard both and can voice an opinion? Is it a worthy trade? This is for a two channel rig. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by xfontanax on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited October 2003
    Options
    It's up 2 you man,

I have heard them both many times and i feel B&W isn't as universal as the Lsi's are.

I will admit that they do play jazz and classical like no other but give them any type of harder music and they sound terrible replaying it.It's my opnion as I was on track to buy a complete Cdm series 7.1 system.I was going for the 9nt's.They are a remarkable sounding speaker but I noticed all it's flaws after countless demo's and Installing them in different homes.

But truthfully it comes down to your music and gear driving.The B&W's are much eaiser to run and will play louder with the same amount of power.

The Lsi series I feel are truely great.They are one hell of a acurate speaker no matter what you run on them.

Movies,Music it doesn't even matter.For the price I feel they can't be beat.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.