GXR6 keeps going out

Shadyimperial
Shadyimperial Posts: 3
edited October 2003 in Troubleshooting
Ok, about a month and a half ago i installed all new speakers in my car. I had the stock head unit in , every thing was working great, tehy sounded awsome. Then i installed a used sony head unit. well about a week ago my front drivers side speaker went out. well i listened to all the speaker seperately and it turns out that it didnt go out, the worfer of the speker stopped. :confused: THe tweeter was still going putting out highs but the woofer stopped. Since it first hapened, it has gone in and out. When it IS playing when ceartain freqencies hit at medium levels there is a kind of knocking/ popping sound. Its very annoying and I'd REALLY like for it to stop. today i even took the speker out to see if it was blown, then I tried my old stock speaker, just to see if it was the head unit, and it was only the speaker. Whats wrong? I can not think of anything else, my passenger side front GXR6 works flawlessly and they have the same power load. I do not have the slightest idea whats wron.
Post edited by Shadyimperial on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    Shady,
    Try the car forum a few doors down...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD