SACD Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I just got a new SACD player about a month ago and love it. I have about 10 SACD's so far, most classical, but want to expand to get more rock and Jazz.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    The MoFi 180g vinyl of this is outstanding, Larry.

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/79219

You couldn't be more correct Mike! It's one of my references.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ern Dog wrote: »
    I just got a new SACD player about a month ago and love it. I have about 10 SACD's so far, most classical, but want to expand to get more rock and Jazz.

Get the Jazz at the Pawnshop box set if it's still available. Can you say, GOOSEBUMPS!!!
  • HHStuart
    HHStuart Posts: 263
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I only got into SACD's recently and haven't even listened to all I ordered or bought in the last few weeks. Some can be had at a decent price. I picked up quite a few from Newbury Comix for $7 or less. Many of the popular ones that have been mentioned are no longer available and I can't see paying over $50 for any of them. Even $30 is over my limit unless I know I am going to love it. They don't seem to reissue any popular music. I can appreciate the difference between red book and SACD when I hear it but after looking over dozens of pages of SACD offerings, I am not finding as much as I would like. Right now I am concentrating on classical music that I know I like already. I figure if I like it on a normal CD, I might love it on SACD. So far, I have found some I like but nothing I am delirious about. The choices for popular music are practically non existent.
    Front - Polk LSiM 705, Center - Polk LSiM 704c, Rear - Polk LSi 7
    Subwoofer - Epik Legend
    Receiver (as Preamp) - Sony STR-DA3400 ES
    Amplifier - Outlaw 7125
    Television - 58" Samsung Plasma PN58B860
    Blu Ray - OPPO BDP 83
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited March 2010
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    You are right about Sting...not his best work at all. I bought the redbook CD cheap (glad I did) and would not spend the extra coin for the SACD. I have the Wallflowers SACD and it is very good.

Luckily, I found mine at my local Fry's for $14.00/each. :rolleyes:
  • doctorcilantro
    doctorcilantro Posts: 2,028
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Got one mainly for Blu-Ray and SACD if buds come over with them; do all high rez off the PC.
    For Sale 2019:
    Tortuga Audio LDR passive preamp
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes
    iFi iDSD DAC, .5m UBS, iFI Gemini cable, Oyaide Tunami XLR 1.3M, Oyaide Tunami Speaker wire 1.5M, Beyerdynamic DT1990 headphones, PS Audio P3 power center

• emoxley
    emoxley Posts: 205
    edited March 2010
    Options
    bevo wrote: »
    If anything, what is the best sounding quality SACD I should try, just to get a taste of how SACD's sound.
    Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"................
    Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP
    Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver
    Oppo BDP-83 blu ray player
    Polk Audio LSi9 front speakers
    Polk Audio LSiC center speaker
    Sony SS-MB100H rear speakers
    SVS PC12-NSD powered subwoofer
    Pioneer PL-514 turntable
    Logitech Harmony 628 Universal Remote
  • beaglehead12
    beaglehead12 Posts: 80
    edited March 2010
    Options
    neeeeeeeeed more sacd's
  • Bernal
    Bernal Posts: 991
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Blu-ray-BDP-83_home.gif

I have 50± SACDs.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Originally Posted by bevo
    If anything, what is the best sounding quality SACD I should try, just to get a taste of how SACD's sound.

emoxley wrote: »
    Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"................

Depending on your taste in music Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" is pretty good and widely availiable as are the Elton john SACD's "Madman across the water" and "Tumbleweed connection" to me sound very good.:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" is another good one. If your into Classical, there are several. For jazz, I would say you can't get better than the "Jazz at the Pawnshop" box set.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have no player, but multiple SACDs. :( Looks like I need to get one...
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    I have no player, but multiple SACDs. :( Looks like I need to get one...

Geez! No player but multiple SACDs. I'd say you are going about it backasswards.:D Which SACDs do you have?