Baltimore get together

Vette C6.r
Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
Hey guys. I am going to host a gathering on March 20th. This coincides with the beggining of my racing season. The 12 hour of Sebring will be on, but since I will be DVR'ing it the focus will not be on it, just background.

So hopefully close Polkies can attend and listen to some jams and maybe even root for the Vettes to win in GT-2.

Looking forward to it.

I am located in Carney, MD 21234

Tony
Post edited by Vette C6.r on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited February 2010
    I'll be there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2010
    Nice Karma. In.

It better not F'n snow.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2010
    Carney...does that mean you're backwards, toothless and like to lick your lips a lot?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited February 2010
    And smell like cabbage?
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • Vette C6.r
    edited February 2010
    Damn, I forgot the movie. I wanna say some Mike Myers movie. But I am a Carninian !!!!
  • Vette C6.r
    edited February 2010
    toothless and like to lick your lips a lot?

Sounds like a good women Doro.

Look forward to seeing you guys.

I am shooting for a 5pm start time.
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited February 2010
    I'd love to come up, but i'm planning my own get together on possibly the 13th & I'm busy that weekend. Thanks for hosting~
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited February 2010
    It better not F'n snow.

LOL, with the way it has been dumping out there, you guys will have plenty of time to make snowmen and have a snoball fight, lol.. Have fun guys, the Seattle mini meet was a blast, the local ones are always a good time.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • Vette C6.r
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Rabbit. I am actually working that weekend. Sorry
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    Event is still on. If you guys have any gear for sale, specifally amps, let me know. As fas as speakers go I am pretty set.

If you guys have decent speaker cables, I would like to try a set out.
  • Amherst
    Amherst Posts: 695
    edited March 2010
    Would love to be there and put some ears on your new toys! I'll be in touch soon.
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2010
    As per our PM conversation, I'm pending. I will let you know the week before. Perhaps me and Amherst could car pool.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2010
    i dunno a bunch of Mary Landers........sounds like Ann Landers..........so you say there are going to be carnival chicks.......that should pep it up a bit....gums and all that. You guys have a blast.

RT1
  • Amherst
    Amherst Posts: 695
    edited March 2010
    As per our PM conversation, I'm pending. I will let you know the week before. Perhaps me and Amherst could car pool.

Would like to do that Joe. Not sure yet, unable to drive more than 15-20 mins. in one direction right now. Took an injury several weeks ago. Hoping to be better by then and be there or square! :D
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Amherst wrote: »
    Would like to do that Joe. Not sure yet, unable to drive more than 15-20 mins. in one direction right now. Took an injury several weeks ago. Hoping to be better by then and be there or square! :D

Hope it's not too serious Bro. Hopefully you'll heal by then. It's time we meet face-to-face.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    i dunno a bunch of Mary Landers........sounds like Ann Landers..........so you say there are going to be carnival chicks.......that should pep it up a bit....gums and all that. You guys have a blast.

RT1

I'm sure you're accustomed to that being in Gaoga.:p
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited March 2010
    I'm in. Gonna bring the two mutton-head sons of mine as well. Might as well start breaking them in! See y'all there, chumps!
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    Good deal Sal.

Eggplant Parm ????????????????????????
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Lasareath wrote: »
    The day before I will be returning from Florida. I'll see if the wife wants to visit her friends in baltimore. If so then I'll be there too!

We're gonna have to start referring to you as Ed Savingon Jr.
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    Vette C6.r wrote: »
    Good deal Sal.

Eggplant Parm ????????????????????????
    Invite JimmyDep and he can bring it. On second thought if he comes I'll just ride with him.

I've heard a great deal about his eggplant parm. I love that stuff to death, I hope if he can make it, he brings some.
    That I don't understand. Please explain

Ed is known to travel the USA no matter how far, or how long it takes to get there for gear and get togethers.

He and now apparently you are the Rapid Rovers of Club Polk! I almost forgot, Lightman too!

Shut up Russ!:p
  • lightman1
    edited March 2010
    , Lightman too!

Shut up Russ!:p
    Bite my arse Joe!:p See ya there?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited March 2010
    I'm curious, why would you drive 12 hours one way to hang out for only a few hours?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited March 2010
    So what kind of jams would you be kicking out of what kind of gear? Actually my real concern is how amenable are you guys to newcomers? Please tell me there's not some sort of weird initiation... It's possible I could be free to attend that evening.
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    MD Audio. You have more time then I have on the Forum. I am a newcomer myself. I have a working knowledge of the stuff but these guys kill me.

I just attended my first gathering a few mouths ago. It is good to put faces with screen names. There will be some fellow Westminster'ers there.

Stop by.

As far as tunes bring what you like. I'm good with speakers. I would like to demo some other amps though.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm curious, why would you drive 12 hours one way to hang out for only a few hours?

well i did to gather a lock of your hair from your bathroom brush.....trouble is as of yet nobody can exactly identify what minerals it contains, one thing for sure, its a bit dangerous to handle.

Afterall, I drove from Ga. to Texas to hang with Bruce and get some speaks he was holding for me. He had an interesting bath as well, come to think of it.

hope everybody making this one has a time of it.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2010
    well i did to gather a lock of your hair from your bathroom brush.....trouble is as of yet nobody can exactly identify what minerals it contains, one thing for sure, its a bit dangerous to handle.

Afterall, I drove from Ga. to Texas to hang with Bruce and get some speaks he was holding for me. He had an interesting bath as well, come to think of it.

hope everybody making this one has a time of it.

RT1

Razor wire perhaps? Hehehe. We should have that head of hair! I'm beginning to look like a celebate, vow of silence monk!:eek:
  • lightman1
    edited March 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    Because it's fun! I flew out to the Seattle gig and had a great time and met some new friends. Plus my sons are coming with me. I don't get to see them very often and any time spent with them is important to me and them.

...and I get to gaze at that beautiful head of hair you have....:p
  • Vette C6.r
    edited March 2010
    Light, if you are coming that far I didn't know that. It is going to be just a few people chilling and rooting the Vettes at Sebring.

I would feel bad if you traveled that far for my crappy system.
  • lightman1
    edited March 2010
    It's only about seven hours, Tony. No sweat.
    Hey! There'a lightbulb icon at the bottom of the advaced post!
    Thanks guys!
  • lightman1
    edited March 2010
    Still on for this weekend?