2B or Not 2B

Options
DarqueKnight
DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I can't believe these weren't snapped up by some rabid SDA cultist.

These speakers have been around the block a few times: Made by Matt in Baltimore, bought by Russ in Atlanta, then sold to Scott in Indiana, then sold to John (at a handsome profit) in Texas. They're now available for immediate delivery to the next lucky ****. The seller assures that there are no defects, curses, or other malfunctions. He just does not have the space for them anymore. I woulda got 'em, but I'm saving my sheckels for a pair of 2.3's (not the 2.3TL) and/or a pair of 1.2's (not the 1.2TL).

SDA 2B's On Ebay:p
Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Auction has ended.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited January 2002
    Options
    no defects! thats funny 2 days after he recieved them from ups i get a email from the guy in allen tx. saying on of the stereo drivers is pushed in and does not work. for that to happen they woud have been pushed in thru 3-4 inches of packing,foam,cardboard. so i would be a little leary of the guy
    saying they are working fine.cause they left here in perfect condition.

scott:cool:
  • wangotango68
    edited January 2002
    Options
    i think he ended it because he did not get even close to what he wanted out of them. trying to get $600 out of them,good luck!

• DarqueKnight
    edited January 2002
    Options
    The seller, ppguru, didn't end the auction early, it ran its full length. He'll probably relist them, hopefully at a lower reserve.

I mean, dang, I've seen SDA 2.3's sell on Ebay for $800, and he wants 600 bucks for a pair of 2B's!!!

Scott, it's interesting that "ppguru" didn't mention the pushed-in drivers when he answered my email. Maybe they were just pushed in a little bit and he was able to suck it out with his vacuum cleaner.;)

Russ, don't you miss them and want them back?
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I do miss them, nice speakers, but I keep buying and buying so that sooner or later even good speakers have to be passed along to the next lucky SOB.

I do miss my CRS+'s
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • wangotango68
    edited January 2002
    Options
    he wanted me to pay for the replacement driver. i said they left here in perfect condition and were insured for the $600 selling price.after i said i was not going to pay for the "bad " driver he puts them on ebay.hummm buy at you own risk. all my audio gear that i have or have gotten rid of is in perfect shape.

• wangotango68
    edited January 2002
    Options
    russ do you have pics of the 1.2's yet?

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2002
    Options
    If it's a pair of 2.3's you're looking for, then I know someone here in Baltimore that has a pair for sale. The only thing is, he won't pack them for shipment. Has to be picked up in person. I can't quote exact price, but it's around $1000.00.

Email me if you want and I can pass it on if you're interested.

red50stang@aol.com

John
    No excuses!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2002
    Options
    @ Scott: Hmmmmm, that's odd. If they were damaged in shipping, he should have asked you to file a claim through the shipper. It happens all the time.

@ Russ: I missed my CRS+'s too. That's why I de-modified them and took them out of my HT rig. They are back in my home office system now. I took my RT55i's, laid them on their sides (end butted against end, tweeters on the outer ends) on top of my 61" TV, and connected them in parallel (4 ohms or thereabouts). They make pretty good center channel speakers, although not as good as the CRS+'s. I do like them better than the CS 400i.

@ John D. Strong: That's been the story of my whole friggin' SDA life - there's always exactly what I want, on the opposite end of the country. Bawlimer is a little to out of the way for me to drive to pick 'em up. I'm in Louisiana. :(
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Scott
    I could take one but they are still at the office :mad:

I have to get a Stereo/HT room NOW!

Raife I was thinking of doing the same thing with a pair of RT55i's, hell the price for a pair of those equals a CS400i.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Russ,

If its any consolation.... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY CRS+'s.

Since I got them from you, the following work has been done to them:
    1. Replaced the tweeters with Polk SL2000 (black dome).
    2. Disassembled the speakers and checked/tightened all
    wire connections.
    3. Carefully cleaned the thick dust that had accumulated on the surface of all the drivers - they look new-like again.
    4. Used an armour-all like surface protectant on the butyl surrounds - restoring their shineyness & stuff.
    5. Peeled away the cabinet glue that the guys at polk sloppily dripped on the inside of the rear passive radiators (both of them).
    YA HEAR THAT POLK MANUFACTURING???
    6. Used Windex (amonia) to clean the white ring off the center
    dust protectors in the drivers.

Anyway, I am continually amazed at the angellic like sounds of female vocals through the CRS+'s. They are absolutely phenominal sounding.

I've thought about replacing the four drivers - just to have fresh ones. But, WHY? The old ones sound absolutely fine.

Ron.