Monster Video 3 vs. RS Fusion

Options
acdds
acdds Posts: 253
I was looking at these two and to tell you the truth the RS Fusion cables look thicker, have more shielding (according to label), and have those filters on them. I am about to purchase component cables to run from my Denon 2900 to the 3803 then to my TV. Any opinions? I am leaning towards RS. Thanks!
Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
DVD = Denon DV-2900
Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
(Carver m1.5t)
Center = CSi40
Side surrounds = Fxi30's
Sony 12" sub
TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
Rti38's
Post edited by acdds on

Comments

• ezc
    ezc Posts: 426
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Monster Vid 3 cables are not bad. I use them on my small system. I tried them on our main system but the picture just wasnt there. We replaced all of our vid. cables with monster Z300 & boy what a noticable difference. I moved all the MOnster 300 & 400 cables to our small system & the picture improved over the monst 100 cables. Our main system we run the DVD comp directly to the display (55" mits), same with the small system. the small system is a Sony HTIB with a sony 27" wega. The 300 works well with that system Im not sure is it would make a difference if we put better cables on the small system, since the dvd player is interlaced & the tv also is interlaced. What type of filters are on the rs cable? Thicker cable is not always better. If the cable is engerniered to a certain spec, it may not have to be bigger to have hi resolution, low loss, with great shielding properties. My friend has a rock scaler & dvd player, he has a (i think its called a ) sdi cable from the player to the scaler which is as thin as a noodle. The pic quality is awsome.
  • acdds
    edited October 2003
    Options
    The filters on the RS fusion cables are ferrite torroidal filters.
    Now, I have no idea what this means but I assume that they remove some of the "noise" in the cable right before the signal is input into the TV or receiver or whatever else. Anyone know what these filters are?
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited October 2003
    Options
    owning a great dvd player like the 2900 demands great quality video cables.

Monstercable M1000v is where you should be.This video cable has the ability to show off the awesome video quality of your player.

Monster video 3 is a lower quality cable,good one but a perfect match for the 2900.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2003
    Options
    If you have the cash, or the credit card room, why not buy both, and see what you prefer - return the looser(s).

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • acdds
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I just looked up the Monstercable M1000v at the monster web site and the MSRP is $900!!!! If I bought the 2 sets that I need that would be $1800!!!! That is about what I paid for my entire receiver/speakers/DVD/interconnects and wires combined. Thanks for the info but I am not ready to shell out that much for interconnects! Maybe after I pay off my school loans, car loan, buy a house, buy a 80" plasma TV, get married..........

Ps. Sorry that price was for a 50ft. run The 1m is much more reasonable at $125. That is retail what should I really expect to pay for them? Any ideas?

I just bought an Audiosource Amp3 for woodyjacobs. I can't wait for it to show up so I can get rid of that old sony receiver!
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • acdds
    edited October 2003
    Options
    By the way mantis, do you own an audio/video business? Where are you located in PA? Western PA here.
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I'm an In home Installer for Tweeter.

The M1000v is the correct level cable for your player.What is your TV?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • acdds
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I have a 32" Sony Wega reg. def. Where are there Tweeter's in PA? Out towards Philly?
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • acdds
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Does anyone have the Monster m1000v series of component cables? If so how where did you purchase them and how much did you pay? Thanks!
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • cogitoergosum
    cogitoergosum Posts: 8
    edited October 2003
    Options
    M Silver Video™ M1000cv versus Ultra Series THX® 1000

Any idea?

I 've just received the Denon 2900, and i am about to buy the Sony KV-34XBR910. I already have the Ultra Series THX® 1000 Monster component, and i'm just wondering if i'll get the most of the DVD player with these cables.

Cables suggestion are welcome!
    thanks
  • cogitoergosum
    cogitoergosum Posts: 8
    edited October 2003
    Options
    M Silver Video™ M1000cv versus Ultra Series THX® 1000

Any idea?

I 've just received the Denon 2900, and i am about to buy the Sony KV-34XBR910. I already have the Ultra Series THX® 1000 Monster component, and i'm just wondering if i'll get the most of the DVD player with these cables.

Cables suggestion are welcome!
    thanks
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I think the M series is much better than the THX series. The Monster marketing machine is 100% responsible for that THX model, nothing else IMO.

There is no reason, damn near any cable can't be THX certified.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.