Mini MD Get Together

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2010
    Yeah Sal, swing by and talk some sense into him.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    Yeah Sal, swing by and talk some sense into him.

Hahaha! I would be chancing lack-o-nookie for atleast a month!:eek::p Again, "Women you can't live with them . . .";)

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm p&ssy whipped.:o
  • F1nut
    edited January 2010
    North ****, eh? You should park your car in the room too.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Amherst
    Amherst Posts: 695
    edited January 2010
    UMMM.....coffee tastes fine this morning! Busy day ahead.....need to start packing gear....

OOOp's.....turn on brain first..... AHHH......................That's better! Catch you fellas later in the day!
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Amherst wrote: »
    UMMM.....coffee tastes fine this morning! Busy day ahead.....need to start packing gear....

OOOp's.....turn on brain first..... AHHH......................That's better! Catch you fellas later in the day!

You're up way too early today Bro!
  • Amherst
    Amherst Posts: 695
    edited January 2010
    Just the usual, have to fit in more than normal today, that's all. Wish you were going to be there,Joe. Like you said we will hook up in near future!
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Amherst wrote: »
    Just the usual, have to fit in more than normal today, that's all. Wish you were going to be there,Joe. Like you said we will hook up in near future!

Affirmative!:)
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2010
    No snow as of yet and it is a lofty 19 degrees here in The Land of Pleasant Living.

I think I am ready so bring it on.:D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    I think I'm going to miss the eggplant parm most.:(:p and I know I'm going to miss that awesome crab dip.:mad:
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    My wife is going to make the crab ball that I brought to Al's house at PF '08. I think it lasted 20 minutes.

I also see a brownie box sitting on the counter. One of my favorites also.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    My wife is going to make the crab ball that I brought to Al's house at PF '08. I think it lasted 20 minutes.

I also see a brownie box sitting on the counter. One of my favorites also.

Atta boy, rub it in!:D It better snow here or my wife is going to be . . ., well, I'll just leave it at that.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Here is what I set up last night as the first living room rig. Budget rig.
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited January 2010
    Hey Lasareth,

Just read this so it might be a bit late but BE CAREFUL what you put in your car around there. I use to work around there and there are alot of larceny from autos.

Hope it works out for you.
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited January 2010
    Or leave it in the room. If that is an option.

Not trying to make you paranoid but I know from experience.
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited January 2010
    Morning gents, Time to go apartment shopping and the over to Scott's for some quality listening. See you guys @ 5
  • F1nut
    edited January 2010
    It's snowing :(

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2010
    Did you bring all the MIT cables we would need for one rig Sal?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    I might have to change the location of the living room rig so we can make a fire.

We have about 2" of snow here right now which is what they were predicting for the whole day.

Scott
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited January 2010
    Hate to say it but the Weather Channel was right:mad: We have at least 4 inches in the yard as of 12:30.

I'm going to regrettably stay home tonight. Thanks for the effort Scott. Hope those of you that make it have a great time.

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Sal you might want to start to thaw the eggplant so we an cook it when you get here.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Mark we may need some speaker cables.

How is the weather out your way?

Scott
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2010
    Mark we may need some speaker cables.

How is the weather out your way?

Scott

Pretty bad but I've got the sled dogs ready to roll.

I'll bring some speaker cables.

Anyone coming that would want to buy a LSiC center channel?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    To all those brave enough to trek to my house in the white stuff.

Use our side entrance on the garage side ( right side), our walk and steps can be treacherous in the snow.

Thanks,

Scott
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Lasareath wrote: »
    It is and now I know why Joe won't come. Because the roads here SUCK!!!!! In NJ or NY nobody is scared of the snow and everyone drives as usual and so the roads never have snow on them. Here I saw big dump truck with a plow spreading some salt but he wasn't plowing!!! WTF?!

It's snowing here as well so I guess my wife is off the hook.

Sal make no mistake about Bro, I'm not afraid of driving in the snow. The boss is afraid of the snow and doesn't want me to leave her alone while it is snowing. :confused::confused::confused:

Perhaps she will need me to go out latter and grab all the toilet paper, milk, bread, etc from the store that I can get.:rolleyes: Who the f#uck knows whats in her head.:eek:

I just have to go with it as I need to see her everyday and don't know what consequences, besides lack-O-nookie for a month, she would bestow on me for leaving her alone.:eek::mad:
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    To all those brave enough to trek to my house in the white stuff.

Use our side entrance on the garage side ( right side), our walk and steps can be treacherous in the snow.

Thanks,

Scott

Hope your home owners insurance is up-to-date.:D:p
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    I just came back from a store run less than a 1/2 mile from my house. Boy did they get the prediction here wrong. There's almost four inches of really fluffy snow on the ground.

I saw four accidents. Three in the shopping center parking lot (mostly fender benders)and one on the street with the car kissing a telephone pole. These morons around here can't drive for ****.

You guys who are going to Scott's down there, be careful, as I know it is worse down there than it is here.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    I get $1000 instantly if someone falls on my property. Maybe we should make a claim Scott, $500 each! ;)

That's not much Sal. Phyllis' cousin tripped on some guys cracked sidewalk and got $5000 for his effort.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    That's what I get instantly with western union. Then they will pay up to 1 million for whatever bills get submitted

I'll be up tomorrow! Any cracks in your sidewalks or slightly raised areas?:D
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited January 2010
    We're at over a foot here in Lusby so far & it's still snowing~
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2010
    I really wanted to make this.

Have a great time guys!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche