Mini MD Get Together

Comments

• chargerman426
    chargerman426 Posts: 419
    edited January 2010
    Ok sounds good. PM coming.
    If life had more tubes it would be a lot smoother.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2010
    Sounds like a good time brewing. Wish I could make the trip up. Have a great time and take lots of pics or it didn't happen.
  • Amherst
    Amherst Posts: 695
    edited January 2010
    Scott, new guy here and would enjoy an evening with some nice sound and food.
    I can grant your wish for some LSi 9 bookies to be there.:p
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited January 2010
    Scott, this sounds like a Great time, unfortunately due to my work schedule and family obligations I'm not able to make it.

If you like I can send a tray of Eggplant parm down with Sal, I'll see him Friday to hand off some speakers, and now that he can only eat a few spoonfuls of food I know there will be some left for you guys.

Let me know

Jimmy D
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2010
    Amherst and Jimmy sounds good. I am hoping the weather does not kill us on this. It may keep my wife and kids from going on their trip but I am working on an alternative for them. There is also a bug going around my kids school and my wife said if one of the kids gets sick I am SOL because there will be nowhere for them to go.

Fingers crossed.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2010
    Hey gang....was hoping that things would work out for me this w/e but alas is not to be....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2010
    TroyD wrote: »
    Hey gang....was hoping that things would work out for me this w/e but alas is not to be....

BDT

Bummer! One day I'll be able to give you hug until then, ON WITH THE WORDS, WIRE, AND MODEMS!!:D;)
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Scott please give the kids extra vitamins the next couple of days or I'm going to have to spend the whole weekend with my wife and her friends!!!!

Atleast you'll be listening to Bjork. :eek:
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Latest List

In
    Jesse
    Sal
    Tony
    Mark
    Ben
    Kyle
    Brandon
    Stu Hemphill ( The new guy from South Jersey )

On the Fence
    Joe

I am hoping for the best with the weather. It looks like the bulk of the storm is going to be South of Baltimore and most are coming from the North and West. So far the kids are fine.

Looks like we can have a strong second system in the living room with the additional equipment some of you are bringing.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2010
    Kyle and I will be there at Noon to start doing kegstands and be thoroughly drunk by the time the losers show up at 5pm. You did say we could all spend the night right? I'll bring a tent, blow up doll and my neighbors dogs just in case.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited January 2010
    Dont forget the jungle juice and roofies Mark... :P
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Food is in the house. Bought a new propane tank for the grill. School canceled tomorrow because of a broken water main which is good because that means less chance of one getting the bug from a classmate.

Getting psyched.

Mental note. Hide daughters rabbit from Mark and Kyle.

Scott
  • dubradio
    edited January 2010
    Oh you dont have to worry about me, Mark on the other hand..... I would hide all fire producing objects (i.e - Lighters, hairspray, grills, stoves, rocks) and no matter how much he asks DO NOT fall into his "lets play twister" trap....

its-a-trap.jpg
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2010
    I might need someone to help me move something into my windowless van tho...you first.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Only if you have candy.
  • dubradio
    edited January 2010
    CAndy! did someone say candy? Who? what? where? when? why?
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited January 2010
    Scott, is it too late to RSVP? My son's gig in N.C. got cancelled for the projected snow storm. If not, what is showtime? I haven't been able to figure that out:o Is there something I can bring? I could bring a REL Britania B1 sub if my wife will help me carry it out of the house! Or I'll bring a set of Wire World speaker cables. If not audio gear, some type of vittles?

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2010
    I'd love to hear that REL...bring it Gordon and I doubt Scott will turn you away for being late ; - )
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited January 2010
    Scott, does the festivities start at 5 ??????
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    No problem Gordon. Love to have you and your REL.

Sal you can drop it off early on your way down or if you want to get here around 5 or so we can put it right in the oven.

Major American Girl clean up going on today because my girls have off school today. I am also pretty much out of work today because they are putting the final coat on the hardwood in the job I am finishing. At home doing my favorite paper work and bidding.

Scott
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Tony and everyone else 5 is cool. I figure we will get the grill fired up @ 5:30 and food should be good to go @ 6.

Very informal here.
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited January 2010
    Vette C6.r wrote: »
    Scott, does the festivities start at 5 ??????

Too early for proper English. My bad.
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited January 2010
    LOL, sounds proper enough for me.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    The boss just got home and she says 5 will be the earliest to get started.

My daughters trip was canceled due to the snow, they were going to Williamsburg, and now the are going to my mother-in-laws for the night.

Thanks,

Scott
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Well Scott even with the alternate plan to get there, my wife is afraid of the impending doom :rolleyes: from the snow storm and wants me to stay home just in case?:confused::confused: "Just in case of what," I asked, but just got the look :eek:. If she thinks I'm shoveling the white **** she's nuts. That's why God gave us a 12 year old.:D

Sorry I can't make it :mad: as I was really looking forward to seeing you guys and brushing the fir on Mark's chaps. :D

Thanks again for opening up your casa to me and the boys.

"Women, you can't live with them, pass the beer nuts." ~Norm Peterson
  • Amherst
    edited January 2010
    Joe, Got a can of beer nuts in the 4X4 (safe vehicle) ready to go! :p

What time do you want the transportation to swing by? :D
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
  • Amherst
    edited January 2010
    .............NEWS FLASH...............

1" to trace snow covering predicted for Northern Delaware/Maryland and Southern NJ.

Heavier amounts south of Baltimore.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Amherst wrote: »
    Joe, Got a can of beer nuts in the 4X4 (safe vehicle) ready to go! :p

What time do you want the transportation to swing by? :D

Thanks but the boss has spoken . . . so let it be said, so let it be written!:o
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Amherst wrote: »
    .............NEWS FLASH...............

1" to trace snow covering predicted for Northern Delaware/Maryland and Southern NJ.

Heavier amounts south of Baltimore.

No kidding, I keep telling her that but it doesn't seem to compute.

Thanks for the offer Stu. One day soon I'll be having a get together at my house and would really like to meet you.
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited January 2010
    The Weather Channel is forecasting 3-5 inches for us below DC. Will keep my options open at this time. Hopefully they're wrong!

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)