Mini MD Get Together

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2010
    Joe,

I am sorry, you are on my list as a maybe, I got pulled away from the computer for a 5 year old's "emergency" and lost my place. Sorry.

Scott

No sweat Scott I was just reminding you. :)
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2010
    Polkies need to meet Polkies.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited January 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    Who is Dave and leave Bjork at home, please.

Gary, you're a lightweight.

Yeah, well; work obligations come before play, unfortunately. If things go well this next week, I still might be able to sneak up, since it's late in the day.
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited January 2010
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Enjoy guys just too far for me for a quickie :)

C'mon, Steve. Scott's got plenty of room on his front yard to pitch a tent for a day or two.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited January 2010
    ^Man, the innuendos are palpable.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2010
    TNRabbit wrote: »
    Yeah, well; work obligations come before play, unfortunately. If things go well this next week, I still might be able to sneak up, since it's late in the day.

Just razzing ya. Hope you can make it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2010
    strider wrote: »
    C'mon, Steve. Scott's got plenty of room on his front yard to pitch a tent for a day or two.

Thanks Ben, just too costly to fly up, or drive up. I'll miss it, I like all guys. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2010
    Hey guy's that are coming please bring some music (other than Bjork). All I have is red book CD's and 1 SACD hybrid and a few decent sounding records.

Looks like burgers, chicken ****, dogs on the grill and some side dishes. I heard my wife mention crab dip and brownies, so we got that going for us. I will have lite beer and I have some hard stuff but I don't know what we have because I don't drink the hard stuff. We will have soda and bottled water available, but if your thing is Absolute Vodka with sugarfree redbull you would be wise to bring your own stash.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited January 2010
    Darn, going to be in N.C. next weekend listening to my sons band play. If it wasn't such a big deal for them, (record company attending) I'd stay home. Hopw you guys have a great time!

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited January 2010
    Hey Hawkeye, if you are gonna be in the Charlotte area LMK. We could have a little shin dig down here as well. My rig is ready to rock.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to Greensboro on Friday and his gig is Saturday night. I'm not very familiar with the area. Are you within reasonable driving distance fom there?

Don't want to step on Scott's thread but his rig was very impressive to me. I'm not certain what type of speaker he has but it was jaw dropping to me. Wish I could be there and listen a a bit longer. When I picked up a TT from him, the session was too short but very intriguing!

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited January 2010
    Probably not. I'm about an hour and 45 minutes from there.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    If you are planning coming to my Mini get together and do not already know my address PM me and I will PM you back with my address.

Also let me know if you can or would like to bring some gear. As I said I am in need of a decent 2 channel amp for the budget living room rig. Sal has graciously offered a 3910 and some MIT S1's (there goes the budget:D.)

Thanks,

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2010
    I'll probably bring an amplifier and a CDP.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    That is awesome Mark.

Now if I can just make sure my daughters rabbit does not eat the entire couch we are golden.:(:D

Scott
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited January 2010
    Scott do you have a Blu - Ray player ??????????

I have some blu - ray concerts I can bring.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    No, I do not have a blue ray player either and my AVR is a 1996 vintage with only DTS and DD.

Scott
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Now the left channel on my new pre-amp/DAC Maverick Audio D1 is having some issues. :mad: When it rains it pours.:(
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2010
    All GTG's have fallout and equipment death....you just got hit early.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited January 2010
    I would be up for stopping by, Im not to far :P

If anyone is interested I can bring my Beatles Mono Set?
  • strider
    edited January 2010
    Now the left channel on my new pre-amp/DAC Maverick Audio D1 is having some issues. :mad: When it rains it pours.:(

I'm taking apart my system to take on vacation at the end of the week, I can bring whatever you need. Only problem is I won't be there 'til 9:30 at the earliest. Maybe I can get some equipment to you before Saturday.

Not being used currently, I've got a Pacific Valve Fathom USB NOS DAC and Sony SCD-C555ES ready to go. Can also bring my PassDIY B1 pre real easily.

The Bjork disc is always in the player in the truck, so I'll have that with me already. No way I'm giving that up before Saturday, though.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • strider
    edited January 2010
    I would be up for stopping by, Im not to far :P

If anyone is interested I can bring my Beatles Mono Set?

I'd like to hear the mono stuff!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Kyle, you and your mono set are certainly welcome, I think Jesse also has the Stereo set.

Ben let's talk when you have a chance.

Scott
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited January 2010
    Excellent, Scott shoot me your address via email to Kshufelt@polkaudio.com
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    I forgot to mention that I also have a tube tester that I won from GG at PF09. So if anybody wants to bring some tubes to test bring it on.

It looks like we are good on amps and cd players, I have a pair of PSB Image? 2B bookies for auditioning in the Living room rig. I have a POS Aiwa sub and I can bring up my SVS 20-39PC+ from the basement to use if so desired.

I am working on a work around repair on my Pre-amp/DAC for the living room rig. I am thinking I can make it happen. More to follow.

Scott
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited January 2010
    Enjoy guys!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2010
    I'll have a Audio Research CD3 and the BBQ.

You still live on the street with a G in the town with a T?
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Mark sounds good. And yes street with a G and town with a T.

I think I have narrowed my Pre/DAC issue down to the analog input but it still has Coaxial/Optical and USB available. Fingers crossed.

Scott
  • chargerman426
    chargerman426 Posts: 419
    edited January 2010
    Hey Scott I would love to go if it doesn't snow. I have been hearing that we are getting anywhere from 6-12''. But if it doesn't is it cool if i show up?
    If life had more tubes it would be a lot smoother.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Sure it is cool if you come Chargerman. I have yet to see the latest weather forcast as of yet.:mad: But I will be here.:D