Mini MD Get Together

MillerLiteScott
MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
edited February 2010 in Gatherings & Special Events
To my astonishment tonight my wife suggested that I could have a "Speaker Guy's" get together Saturday, January 30, 2010. It seems my lovely girls will all be out for the night.

So if you are interested let me know. I really have not put much thought into it yet other than running my combo HT/2 channel rig in the basement and a hodgepodge rig in the living room with some minor furniture re-arranging. I am open to people bringing gear for demo and switch out in the living room.

Let me know if you are interested. I am located in Towson, Maryland 21286 which is just inside the top of the 695 beltway loop.

Scott
I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
Post edited by MillerLiteScott on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2010
    I'll be there. What time?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2010
    I might be able to make it. It depends on the money situation.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    I am thinking @ 5:00- 7:00 to get things started.

I have not put any thought into food at this point. I am open to some reasonable suggestions.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited January 2010
    I'd love to, but may be busy with a business issue that day. I'll let you know--thanks!
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    My basement 2 channel rig is

Technics SL-5 -- Jolida JD 100 -- Musical Fidelity A 308 -- SDA 2B TL's with MIT S3 interconnects and speaker interface.

Living room Rig (VERY Budget oriented )

Yamaha CDC 765 CD Player -- Laptop -- Maverick Audio D1 Tube Pre/DAC -- Insignia Speakers-- 24" Stands -- cables I have laying around. I do not have a good amp or a sub for this system. I could bring up my SVS 20-39 PC+ if there is no HT interest.

I am open to any substitutions for any of the living room gear. I would like to leave the basement rig as it is.

Scott
  • TNRabbit
    edited January 2010
    If I can make it up, I'll see about bringing my Sunfire amp...
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • TNRabbit
    edited January 2010
    TNRabbit wrote: »
    If I can make it up, I'll see about bringing my Sunfire amp...

DSC02369.jpg?t=1264001604
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited January 2010
    Hey Scott. I am in !!!

Let me know what I can bring. I am also very close to you if you need any help.

Tony
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2010
    You better have some good food Scott or I'm going to freak out.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    I think we are going to rely on some grilling for the main course of say burgers, dogs and chicken. Throw in some potato salad, chips and if we have enough $ maybe I can get my wife to make her crab dish. I can get some Grauls Chicken salad also which is killer. I am not a big food guy, (I could live off of and have lived on Tostitos and beer), so any suggestions or if you would like to bring your specialty platter bring it on.

Looking forward to the get together. I would like to get a head count by Wednesday or earlier so I know how much grub to get.

Also if anyone has some gear they would like to bring let me know. I think we will need a decent 2 channel amp, some better cables than the Monster **** I have for the living room and if anyone has some LSi bookies I would love to hear a pair. I may be able to get a Sony CD/DVD/SACD player for those who have SACD's, I only have one. My turntable is the one I bought in high school but has a decent stylus on it now and sounds, well decent.

I don't think my wife has any idea what she has unleashed:eek::D

Scott
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    I don't think my wife has any idea what she has unleashed:eek::D

Scott

Ha ha ha! Good one. What do you mean MAYBE, you brought that dip to my my house, that was awesome.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2010
    Hmmmm....TLW has an engagement possibly that weekend......this could be VERY doable.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited January 2010
    I wish you weren't out East.............I'd love to attend. But from the Chicago area that's quite a trip for a 1/2 day or so. Have fun

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • beaglehead12
    beaglehead12 Posts: 80
    edited January 2010
    sounds like a kick **** time. You have A good wife
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited January 2010
    I work 'til 9PM or so, but if you're still going then I'll be by. My stuff will be unhooked so I can bring my new DAC, or my old one, or whatever.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • TNRabbit
    edited January 2010
    Sorry, I'm going to be busy all that weekend. Thanks for the invite, though! You guys have fun~
    TNRabbit
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Bring it over Ben. I doubt any inappropriate touching will have happened by 9.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited January 2010
    Damn, Scott. My wife will let me spend as much as I want on audio [without her knowing the actual cost], let me blast it while she and the newborn are home, completely wreck the living room [or any other room for that matter] during upgrades but not ONCE have I heard her suggest to have an audio get together here.

I need to get her priorities straight.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Big Sal is going to make it. :D

Sure Sal bring whatever gear you would like. We could use your player as the SACD player.

Scott
  • F1nut
    edited January 2010
    Who is Dave and leave Bjork at home, please.

Gary, you're a lightweight.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Ok, Will do, I will bring the 3910 and for Dave I will bring some Bjork!

Scott you'd better order some spare mid-woofers and tweeters, you're going to need them.:D:eek:
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    No Bjork please. I have ears.
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited January 2010
    Ok I'm lost Scott - was is Bjork and why is he not invited ???

Tony
  • F1nut
    edited January 2010
    If you enjoy the wailing sound of dying cows, you enjoy Bjork.

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited January 2010
    F1nut wrote: »

That's gotta be put on a t-shirt for the next time we go to Sals' house ;)

Sounds like fun, hope you guys have a great time.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2010
    Enjoy guys just too far for me for a quickie :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    So far this is what I have on the list:

Definite
    Jesse F1nut
    Sal Lasareath Hotel Booked
    Tony Vette C6.r
    Ben Strider

Maybe?
    Mark Dorokusai
    Troy TroyD VERY doable

Banned
    Bjork

If I missed anyone, speak up.

Scott
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    F1nut wrote: »

. . . and ear bleeding screeches!:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    So far this is what I have on the list:

Definite
    Jesse F1nut
    Sal Lasareath Hotel Booked
    Tony Vette C6.r
    Ben Strider

Maybe?
    Mark Dorokusai
    Troy TroyD VERY doable

Banned
    Bjork

If I missed anyone, speak up.

Scott

Scott I am a maybe. I won't know for sure until after Thursday pay comes in.

Thanks!
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited January 2010
    Joe,

I am sorry, you are on my list as a maybe, I got pulled away from the computer for a 5 year old's "emergency" and lost my place. Sorry.

Scott