Lots of Carver stuff for sale. Check it out.

2»

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    OK............ You've got sniffs on the 200's, but moved them to ebay rather than get what you asked for them?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited October 2003
    I had 3 people who told me they wanted them then backed out, so I put them on ebay. I didn't get warlocks email till they were listed. He's welcome to bid
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited October 2003
    Cer, no problem here, I will keep an eye on the auctions. Good luck with your auctions!
  • Ceruleance
    edited October 2003
    true, looking for more juice, but comparing 200 dollar amps to 2000 dollar amps really isnt fair
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2003
    Apples and oranges....

I'd be almost tempted to say that if you could, assuming that both were functioning properly, under reasonably normal listening conditions get the RTi150's to trip the protection circuits that I'd kiss Russ's **** in town square at high noon.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited October 2003
    That is some fantastic equipment, and I'd buy that M500t in a second if I didn't already have an amp.

I used to have a C-1 myself in the early 80's, I loved it. My audio-fanatic buddy across the hall from me had the MT500t, great amp.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Ceruleance
    edited October 2003
    hey guys, this is just an update for anyone who hasnt seen it. My auctions for two M-200t's, and M-500t and a C-1 are ending tomorrow. You can check them out by clicking the link in the very first post in the thread.

Thanks!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2003
    I'll reserve comment on a AMC 2100, because I've never heard one. But as someone has said, two 120wpc stereo amps, which can be bridged for 350wpc mono ops, for $300? Find a better deal than that if you can. Another good reason to consider the two stereo amps would be:

If one of the M200t's blows up, you're still holding court with a single 120wpc amp while the other is being repaired. If the AMC 2100 blows up, the only thing you're holding while it's at the shop is your dick, or a pair of headphones.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by George Grand

If one of the M200t's blows up, you're still holding court with a single 120wpc amp while the other is being repaired. If the AMC 2100 blows up, the only thing you're holding while it's at the shop is your dick, or a pair of headphones.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)

Another thing to keep in hand, I mean mind, is that if you have two of the same model and you are somewhat electronic repair oriented, you have a working model to compare to the non-working one to. This is great if you can fix stuff yourself!

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • acdds
    acdds Posts: 253
    edited October 2003
    Cer, quick question. If I were to buy those two m200t, how coould I use they to drive my Rti70's? And what kind of wpc am I looking at? I have no idea how to bridge an amplifier but I am looking to go bi-amp. I have a Denon3803 receiver. thanks
    Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • Ceruleance
    edited October 2003
    Im not sure what will work better, biamping or bridging. Bridging will give you more watts per channel, 350 each. Biamping I think will give you a lower noise floor but less wattage, 240 watts, which is still A LOT, and more then you will ever need in a normal sized room with loudspeakers such as the 70's (they are fairly efficient)

For either application you will need an RCA splitting adapter, either 1 female to 2 male or 1 male to two female will work. For Biamping you will run an interconnect from the back of the 3803 to the RCA splitting adapter. You plug the adapters outputs (2 of them) into either the left and right input of the same amp or the two lefts of each amp, it doesnt matter. then you run the corresponding speaker outputs to the top and bottom binding posts on the 70's. Repeat for right channel.

To bridge the M-200t requires that the same input be fed into both the right and left channels of the same amplifier, so once again you will run an interconnect from the 3803 through the splitter into the L and R RCA's. Then, you connect the speaker wire for one speaker to the back of the amp slightly differently than normal. The instructions are printed clearly right on the back of the amplifier itself. It's easy and takes 2 minutes.

I will be more than glad to assist you in the proper setup of these amps after you have made the purchase, but its not very complicated at all.

I believe monster sells RCA splitters for $12 or $15 a pop. I have a pair of high quality splitters which I bought specifically for bridging these two amps. I can include them for $20 for the pair, (or $10 each if you happen to buy just one amp)

I believe almost everyone will agree with me that using just a single stereo M-200t will be an improvement over the 3803, but dual M-200t's either bridged or biamped should be absolutely night and day. Best of luck to anyone bidding.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2003
    I agree with you :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.