Lots of Carver stuff for sale. Check it out.

Options
Ceruleance
Ceruleance Posts: 991
edited October 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
UPDATE: ALL STUFF GOING TO EBAY. CHECK MY AUCTIONS HERE:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=ceruleance

Here is the list. (Please assume every item is in perfect functional condition) Prices do not include actual shipping which can be estimated if you give me a zip code. I will package all items very securely for free.

The first two on the list are rather special. These came from the original owner and weren't used for quite some time. They are in amazing condition and were a great find:

*Carver C-1 preamp. has sonic holography and seperate tone controls for both channels. There is one scratch on the top of the unit, not larger than a penny. The face is perfect, and the volume knob has no chips in the paint, unlike 80% of the C-1's you will see on ebay. Manual Included -$235.

*Carver M-500t amplifier from the same owner. 250 wpc into 8, 350 wpc into 4, bridgable to 700 watts into an 8 ohm load. So nice the VU meter lamps even work and I believe they may be original. Rack handles are included and there are no cosmetic defects of note. Manual Included -$450.

*Carver M-500t #2. This one is not in as great condition. It does not include rack handles or manual. The VU meter lights are out. I don't believe there are major cosmetic defects but assume small scratches are present. -$350

*Carver C-1 #2 This one also isnt in as great condition. Small chips of paint off the edge of the volume knob, still looks good. -$150

*Carver M-1.0t. Amplifier: 200wpc into 8 ohms. Can be bridged to 1000 watts into one 8 ohm load. No large cosmetic defects of note, assume small scratches. -$250

*(2 x) Carver M-200t Amplifiers. These are 120wpc into 8. They can be bridged to 300wpc and used as monoblock amplifiers, or you can use one for a center channel amp (which is what I did), it blends well if you have either an M-500t and the M-1.0t's on the front channels. -$135 each.

*I also have a Harman Kardon Signature 2.0 Pre/Pro with the DTS upgrade and a backlit, programmable, touchscreen TC-1000 remote. Make an offer or let me know if you are interested, I haven't decided what to ask for it or if I am going to sell it at all (I may buy a 5 channel amp instead of a receiver)

I can take pictures of any item of interest and answer any pertinent questions.

I live in Fairfax, VA and Baltimore, MD, if you really feel compelled to pick something up but I really think shipping is going to be pretty reasonable.

Club Polk gets first dibs, then HTF, then Ebay, if it comes to that.

Good luck guys, this is awesome stuff and I wish I had room for it in my dorm room...
Post edited by Ceruleance on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Looks like you're pretty proud of em eh?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ceruleance
    edited September 2003
    Options
    The mint stuff, yes. All the stuff is priced at the high end of what you will find on ebay. Feel free to make an offer that you think is more fair.

my prices aren't unheard of, this is a mint M-500t from 3 days ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3048045032&category=14973
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    More Carver for you to choose from F1....don't delay, buy today :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • xfontanax
    xfontanax Posts: 82
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Can you post a picture of C1 pre-amp#2 or email me wphoto at fontanagt@mcbbutler.usmc.mil

Thanks
  • Ceruleance
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Here we go guys. This is my current 2 channel set up, the C-1 #2 and the M-500t #2. As you can see these still look quite good, I downplayed them to emphasize the minty-ness of set #1. I've drawn an arrow showing the characteristic silver aluminum showing through the black paint on the volume knob.

P.S. as you can see the M-500t #2 has rack handles which I am borrowing from M-500t #1. Sorry if this confuses, the #1 comes with it's original rack handles the #2 does not come with them.
    c1.jpg 87.1K
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2003
    Options
    You do have a piece of lumber sitting under that power amp, no? If not, the "feet" on the amp have probably dug down deep enough into that carpet, that you haven't had convective cooling going on there for some time.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • Ceruleance
    edited September 2003
    Options
    George, I doubt it. I'm in a dorm and these are industrial carpets, with about as much pill as perhaps a sheet of plywood that needs to be sanded. Not to mention I rarely push the amp over 50 watts and for longer than 30 minutes. Having neighbors sucks.

Thanks for looking out for me though
  • Ceruleance
    edited September 2003
    Options
    on another note...

I reduced all the prices for quicker sale. These are also up over at HTF so I am hoping they'll be gone soon.
  • Ceruleance
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I like them alot, especially the 500's, why do you think I bought them all? I'm not selling just my Carver gear, I'm selling all my gear. I want something even more powerful than the M-500t, but I can't afford that without letting go of my current 2-channel system and seperate HT system.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Don't read me wrong on my previous post, hell you are certainly entiltled to ask what you want for YOUR gear.

I'm debating a 500.... I need, scratch that, WANT a higher powered amp for the SRS 2's.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    "The pipes the pipes are calling" , sung like Mel Torme, just for Russman. :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Cer, you have a PM.
  • Ceruleance
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Here's the M-200t's and M-500t #1.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2003
    Options
    All you 'power hungry' 150 owners ought to be paying attention to that last picture.

The m200t actually bndges to 350w/cont 8ohm. Buy that pair, have some pretty killer monoblocks....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2003
    Options
    cer, keep me in mind in the line for the M200t's.. I have to of course free some bank up.. If you can sell em, do it.. just put me in the line for them... while i try and work something out.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    All you 'power hungry' 150 owners ought to be paying attention to that last picture.
    Agree and at $135 each, they're the best value in the list. These have been ebaying lately at ~$180.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • faster100
    edited October 2003
    Options
    shush, its a secret.. Kidding :D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Cmon ATC, you've owned 2 separate amps in your lifetime, the 2100, and the m200t, right? Had each for what, 2 weeks?

The m200t has a *minimum* of 100 MORE watts to offer, when bridged. I've owned an m200t among other Carver models, and NEVER ONCE clipped, or went into protection mode. NEVER. Is the AMC stable down to 2 ohm? That little Carver is. Do you have any idea on headroom for either amp? Damping? Slew?

Where else is he going to find a PAIR of 350w/ch monoblocks for less than $300?

Cheers,
    Russ
  • faster100
    edited October 2003
    Options
    well if they didnt equal the 2100.. that obviously cant do the job.. i doubt it would be worth it to get them,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2003
    Options
    hmmmmm.....my m200t has and will push every speaker I own (up to and including the CA's) with no issues.

Strange

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Faster, consider the source for a minute, and what we've determined (more or less) on your 'issue' with the 150's and the 2100.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Faster. Bag the m200t's.

If you don't like them. I'll buy both of them from you.

How can you loose?

BDT
  • faster100
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Im getting so confused literally.. bare with me here.. LOL

Its money bro.. and lack of.. i just sunk 120 in this amc... We have decided to sell the 70's for various reasons.. period i would have to sell the 70's and or the amc to buy anything.. I like them.. but ya know..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Cer, I sent you a PM. I am thinking about getting the 200t's and selling my M1.0t amp. I don't want to step on Fasters toes, so let me know what he decides. Thanks, Jeff
  • faster100
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I'm not gonna hold up a sale... sell it. I'm not ready to buy or know what i want, Cer.. go ahead and sell if someone wants the 200t's... I want something alittle newer i think. Not that they don't look great and a great price.. Just gonna wait and see what happens... Thanks for the option though
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Actually my tampon is fine, you might want to check your diaper though - after the pantload you posted above.

Nothing like a good 'blanket' statement, with no facts, other than 'I think A is better than B'. I can deal with that if the question was 'which amp will sound better', and your opinion is A.

That however is NOT the question. The AMC appears to be 'checking out early' on Faster's setup. Even a *single* m200t offers greater performance than the 2100. Not to mention, he was looking at buying two of em' and going bridged mono.

Feel free to break it down how the 2100 can best the m200t, when it is an inferior (still a great amp) build to the Carver in every form and fashion - why we should be 'forewarned'.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Opinions? A/B?

Hell, I need help just getting through the verbage. ;)

BD(reading on a 6th grade level)T
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2003
    Options
    The stats aren't to satisfy my needs you crackpot, they are to help determine if the twin m200t's would solve Faster's issues (or at least have a significant better chance of) , vs, saying getting another 2100 to run mono.

Where else would we take it? Obviously Bob Carver did *something* wrong if we all need to be 'forewarned' about the m200t. I guess whatever it is, he didn't do it to the m500 or the 1.0t you seemed to endorse earlier.

Cer will sell his amps - esp the 200's at the price they are at vs current market - between this forum and ebay - no problems. Looks like warlocks is going to snatch up the deal as we speak.

I'll leave it alone from here if you want, you keep acting like you have a bag, but every time we want try to peek in - POOF- nothing.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    Options
    One thing is certain, a pair of bridged 200's will out hump a single 500...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Ceruleance
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Well it's a good thing this thread is semi-hijacked anyways. After getting almost no response except for my undervalued 200's, everything is off to ebay. All auctions are no reserve and 10 bucks to start, so you still have a chance at getting these gems for a song. You can probably already find the auctions for yourself but I will be posting links later tonight, anyways.