how loud will my system go?

papiboul
papiboul Posts: 3
edited January 2010 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Alpine PDX1.600 1 X 600 Watt RMS Amplifier (600 rms)
jvc kw avx810 headset
front and back speakers infinity kappa serie 62.9i
two sony xplod XS L120P5W in a SEALED box (2 CF total) 350 rms, 1200w peak

i notice on probably a couple songs the bass does't get too loud like other songs. like the box is too small to be 2CF.. but it happens rarely.

if i made a new box from 2CB (1CB each box) to (1.5 CB each box) how louder will it change?
any ideas setting the filter? or crossover point? to get a good low end extension? or probably more than it has now?
Post edited by papiboul on

Comments

• chu
    chu Posts: 178
    edited January 2010
    1. The tracks you are using may be the issue as not all music are alike especially with sub and mid bass. Use bass heavy tracks from such genres like: drum and bass, dubstep, and etc if you really want to see how low your system can go.

2. Adding more air to a sealed box does not work, it makes it more boomy and not loud. You should make sure what is the recommend specs on boxes for your subs.

3. You can build a ported box which will make the mid-bass much louder but boomier.

4. Lastly, you can upgrade to a better sub.

I have my lpf at 65 hz, but you should try starting at 80hz and go from there.
  • sstalder5
    sstalder5 Posts: 14
    edited January 2010
    Of all car audio forums on teh interwebz, why would you join one dedicated to Polk Audio gear if you don't have any Polk Audio components in your system? Theres probably a forum for Walmart out there, go talk about your system over there since thats where most of your gear came from.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited January 2010
    sstalder5 wrote: »
    Of all car audio forums on teh interwebz, why would you join one dedicated to Polk Audio gear if you don't have any Polk Audio components in your system? Theres probably a forum for Walmart out there, go talk about your system over there since thats where most of your gear came from.

Now now, we're open to and welcome everyone. You're never going to convert someone to our brand or any better brand with an attitude like that.

Our pursuit is better sound, so what if he has some room to make up, we all start somewhere.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • chu
    chu Posts: 178
    edited January 2010
    nguyendot wrote: »
    Now now, we're open to and welcome everyone. You're never going to convert someone to our brand or any better brand with an attitude like that.

Our pursuit is better sound, so what if he has some room to make up, we all start somewhere.

^^^ I concur
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited January 2010
    Well...the topic is....how loud will my system go. I dont beleive anyone told him- Not very loud.

Yes...everyone starts some where.... and those in the know must teach those in the not!. I dont believe anyone woke up one day and built a 160db vehicle without some kind of mentoring?

Peace to all...and to all a good night =)

PS... maybe he needs a half dozen caps to go! (just kiddin)...really...I was.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    edited January 2010
    sstalder5 wrote: »

mr 14 post's STFU really your post is out of line.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited January 2010
    What vehicle do you have it in? that will probably make the biggest difference right now.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • papiboul
    papiboul Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    gmc envoy 2003