Beachfront vacation rental

Sami
Sami Posts: 4,634
As some of you know I purchased a condo in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico some time ago. We are finally comfortable enough to offer it for rental as the AC units are currently being installed, it is fully furnished and lighted. It is still not 100% done but in very great shape and ready to be enjoyed. We just came back from a 11 day trip and the weather and food was great.

PM me for price info as I am only given these prices to Club Polk members. I will guarantee they will be much lower than hotel prices if you have 2 or more people going. Maximum occupancy is 8 and it currently has 2 queen beds in their own bedrooms and a 2 person sleeping sofa in the living area.
Post edited by Sami on

Comments

• Sami
    edited December 2009
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    I will post more pictures and video of the condo itself once I get some time to edit the videos.
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited December 2009
    I hate you :p

I just looked out the window and see nothing but snow and trees :(:(

Beautiful place you have and happy to hear you are enjoying it.
  • gtu2004
    gtu2004 Posts: 620
    edited December 2009
    dang, i thought you were joking when you post these pics in the Clubhouse

These look like wallpaper material...

you really own the entire thing?
    Onkyo 805, RtiA5s, Csi5, Rti6s
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2009
    Hmmm.... You know if you need to ask what it would the cost is.... You can't afford it. :(

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2009
    wow.. beautiful.. and I am going to Mexico next year.. I will have to talk to you and see if it fits my budget.. view looks great.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2009
    If I can ever afford to go away on vacation I will let you know
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Hmmm.... You know if you need to ask what it would the cost is.... You can't afford it. :(

Talking about the condo or the rent? Both are surprisingly affordable and right now the CP intro rental price is unbelievably low, that's why I'm not posting it. I already have one tentative reservation and I have a feeling I can't it that low if I intend to use it myself at all. :)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2009
    what did you do while in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico during your recent trip?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited December 2009
    wow, beautiful pictures. I'm so jealous as I also look out my window and only see snow....and cold....and blah.....
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    danger boy wrote: »
    what did you do while in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico during your recent trip?

We have been there so many times that we mostly relaxed and ate good seafood most of the time. Of course we did some things for the apartment like new furniture and lights, shades etc. Me and my son were fortunate enough to see some turtles hatch right next to our complex on the beach. We helped to catch them to safety from the pelicans that were just waiting for them to get on the water.

List of activities you can do, from the top of my head:

whale watching (seasonal)
    fishing and snorkeling
    all-inclusive pirate ship cruise (replica of one of Columbus ships)
    canopy
    dirt bikes and beach buggies

I will have a "insiders guide to PV" prepared in the apartment for renters to refer to. It is my wife's hometown and many of her relatives still live there so we will have information of the current in places and activities, both tourist and local places.
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited December 2009
    Sami, put me down for 13-20 Feb 09. I'll be available on my cell in about 2 hrs (3:30 Eastern Time). THANX!
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    TNRabbit wrote: »
    Sami, put me down for 13-20 Feb 09. I'll be available on my cell in about 2 hrs (3:30 Eastern Time). THANX!

Done.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2009
    TNRabbit wrote: »

do you mean 2009?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited December 2009
    This would be a GREAT Karma ;)

Tee hee...looks beautiful. Maybe someone would take you up on this!
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    Pycroft wrote: »
    This would be a GREAT Karma ;)!

It most likely is coming up but later. :)
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited December 2009
    hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm first south of the border Polkfest.....

very nice place...congrats
  • jerryj12
    jerryj12 Posts: 451
    edited December 2009
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm first south of the border Polkfest.....

very nice place...congrats

I like the way you think.:)
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited December 2009
    Nice Sami! We will consider it for next year if funds allow. Winds are howling now!! Would love to jump on a plane to somewhere warm.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    Our Facebook "fan page":

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Puerto-Vallarta-Mexico/Acqua-Flamingos-apartment-258-260/175128699281?ref=ts

My personal page:

http://www.facebook.com/#/sami.m.kallio?ref=profile

We'll be back home tonight after which I will start editing videos and pictures to also get you some idea what the apartment itself looks like.
  • lakesailor
    lakesailor Posts: 319
    edited December 2009
    Great idea offering this up for rental to fellow Polkies…..PV is a great place! I am already booked for Arizonia this year but next year I might be sending you a PM !
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited December 2009
    Al, we've been to PV a few times and really love it. There are loads of fun things to do & it's a great place to do nothing as well. Just walking along the "Malacon" at night is a treat, watching all of the vendors, actors and people and cruising the shops. There are all sorts of great shops, beaches, boat rides... the list of things to do is long and the place is a blast.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • woodsman10b
    woodsman10b Posts: 408
    edited December 2009
    This looks awesome Sami, but I have not heard of any system setup in the condo....what about music? lol :D
    Most of them only hear how loud it sounds, and the rest of us hear everything else - :rolleyes:
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    This looks awesome Sami, but I have not heard of any system setup in the condo....what about music? lol :D

The pool area is surrounded by Polk's outdoor speakers. :)
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    Trying to post video, I guess I need to RTFM. :)

Ok, only in The ClubHouse: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1233421#post1233421
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited December 2009
    I think i may have used to book people in this place when i worked at RCI, it looks REALLY familiar... :)
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    I think i may have used to book people in this place when i worked at RCI, it looks REALLY familiar... :)

If that was in the last year or so, maybe. It was just recently built.
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited December 2009
    Oh... nope. Would have been maybe 2.5 years ago. Does it have a sister complex or anything?
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • Sami
    edited December 2009
    Oh... nope. Would have been maybe 2.5 years ago. Does it have a sister complex or anything?

Yes, but I don't think they are that similar. Maybe you're thinking of one of the Riu hotels next to it. You should find it a little north on the google satellite picture I link earlier in the thread.