How do you bridge a 2 channel amp for 1 sub??

Options
I have not bought the amp yet, I have one 12" Polk MOMO MM12 w/ yellow middle (non-recalled version). I was thinking about getting either a Rockford Fosgate 2 channel amp or a Elemental Designs Avionixx AXA 400.2, either way I need 500watts RMS. Both these amps are 2 channel amps, and I was just wondering how you bridge them for one 12" sub. Also, any other amp suggestions??? I was also thinking about U.S. Acoustics 2200 oldskool amp for cheaper than either the RF or ED amps and has 600watts RMS output bridged!

by the way, everything is at 4 ohms.
Post edited by audionewbie333 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,078
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Post in Car Audio section of site for better results. Is later down the page on the main forum page. Good luck!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Yep, wrong forum, same theory. Each manufacturer will have its own specifics, so check with the manufacturer.

Parasound: 2CH Amplifier

Right Channel +, becomes Bridge +
    Left Channel +, becomes Bridge -
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2003
    Options
    "Right Channel +, becomes Bridge +
    Left Channel +, becomes Bridge -" = wrong, see below

Right on the money. I have a little Fosgate Punch60ix (back from the days when RF underated their amps), and I am running it bridged like this, and it makes my 2 Fosgate 12's hit hard.

One day, just for fun, I swapped it out with a Punch250 wired normally, and it sounded the same.

"Yes, I did bastardize a 2002 BMW 325 with subs!" -PolkThug
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    LOL Thug, guess its maybe a standard configuration then...cool.

Nice to see you in the forum, bring the Bimmer by some time :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,078
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I want to see them Dual 12 foot RF subs bubba! Pics please? :p
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • PolkThug
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Hmmm... I'm starting to think I'm using the Negative terminal from the left side. Now I'm gonna have to look, if I can find those pesky hex wrenches....

I'll get some pics of the 12 *inchers* soon!
  • PolkThug
    edited September 2003
    Options
    My final answer. Okay, I took apart all my sh#t so I could get this right... To bridge a Rockford Fosgate amp, Run two wires to the right side negative (-), and use them for the speaker negatives. Run two wires to the left side positive (+), and use them for the speaker positives. Got it! Good!

or if you like:

Amp Right (-) = speaker negatives
    Amp Left (+) = speaker positives

Now, I must put this stuff back together :mad: