Kimber Kable Digital X

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
OK,
so I needed a new digital 1m cable and took the trip down to the Local Kimber Dealer.They had a very limited selection of KimberKable and I didn't notice the usual.So there it was a Digital X coax digital cable.It was thinner then usual and had the black braid on it like the Hero's do.Usual Kimber ends there own not WBT's.
Anyone know if this is a new things to come?Nothing on the Web site.

I picked it up,took it home and gave it a run.So far I can't hear any Diference between my Transparents,Monsters and now Kimbers Digital coax........I think this is a dead end.They all sound exactly the same,no difference whats so ever.They all have different built quality.I assume they all can fully transfer the signal with no interference.Why else would there not be any sound quality difference?
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited September 2003
    Options
    IMO, digital signal is a simplified version of the original analog signal. Digital should have less problems getting from one place to another. Analog cables carry more information and this is why IMO they make a difference. I hope that Kimber didn't cost you too much $.

Maurice
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Hey Mantis,
    You would think though that once you get to a certain level of technology, especially somthing as base as cable...you kind of hit a cieling, a limit as to how well a cable transfers information. I mean it's not like a pre amp, with it's path and all the parts.
    The biggest difference I noticed in my cable upgrades is the Kimbers I put between my amp and pre amp. I went to pure silver on my coax from the DVD /CD and there was a little more info there, sound traveled from one speaker to another clearer but not dramatic as I had hoped, but my previous cable was far inferior cable than what your swapping out.
    Stuff
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited September 2003
    Options
    STUFFMD,
    I hear yeah.I have been dicking around with wire for years.I'ts what sounds the best in what system at the level I'm at.Some systems I perfer Transparent over Kimber and Visa Versa.Digital cables I have now tested to many.I can't tell the damn difference and I have a prety cridical ear.Analog is a totally different thing.Speaker wire and interconnects I can hear many differences between different companies.

I'm sure you know my opnions.Gear is major and wire is fine tuning.Matching is key.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited September 2003
    Options
    You know I'm with ya all the way Mantis. Cable and wire matching is as important as speaker/ equipment matching. I just ordered a pair of Oval Ones,just for fun, my buddys were busting my balls because I already have the Kimbers.... I just like swapping out and tweeking the sounds.....see what happens...Hell it's a hobby.
    Stuff
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center