Show me your ****(embly), and let me get in your guts baby!

Options

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Could everyone post what the model and manufacture is on the picture? I love your pictures, but I like to know just what I looking at. I think it would help other members also.

Steve

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    edited October 2009
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Could everyone post what the model and manufacture is on the picture? I love your pictures, but I like to know just what I looking at. I think it would help other members also.

Steve

heh,sometimes even we don't know...
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Scott 312-D soiled state 'broadcast monitor' (tuner); followed me home from the dump today.
    Pretty cool piece of hardware.

Scott312inthebag.jpg

Scott312D.jpg
  • speakergeek
    speakergeek Posts: 555
    edited October 2009
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Scott 312-D soiled state 'broadcast monitor' (tuner); followed me home from the dump today.

Scott312inthebag.jpg

Scott312D.jpg

Very nice! That's one heck of a dump you live close to....:)
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am quite fond of it (my wife somewhat less so, but she's amazingly tolerant).
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited October 2009
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

hehehehe. You said 'soiled state' and 'dump' :p:D

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2009
    Options
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Getting the Rotel 1068 upgraded and decided to give the other gear a good dusting.

DSC01233.jpg
    Musical Fidelity A5 Preamp

DSC01245.jpg
    DSC01244.jpg
    Bryston 4B-ST

DSC01227.jpg
    DSC01228.jpg
    Marantz DV-9600
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Here's a few more

DSC01212.jpg
    Rotel RB-1070

DSC01206.jpg
    Rotel RMB-1075

DSC01203.jpg
    DSC01198.jpg
    Rotel RSP-1068

DSC01218.jpg
    Rotel RT-1080 tuner
  • sTiLlLeArNiNg
    sTiLlLeArNiNg Posts: 805
    edited October 2009
    Options
    emo1.jpg
    emo2-1.jpg
    emo3-1.jpg

Emotiva xpa5 :o
    Media Room 7.1
    Sharp lc37d64u | Sanus vmsab-03 | Sonax ZX8680 | Yamaha htr-6290b | Emotiva xpa1 x 2 & xpa5 | RTiA 9 & 7 | CSiA 6 | FXiA 6 | Sanus NF30B-03 | Velodyne dls-3750r | Dual 505-3 m97xe | Monster avs2000/hts5100

HTPC
    Intel e5300 | Asus p5q DLX | LG ch08 BD | OCZ 4g reaper2 | WD 1TB | Sapphire 4890 VaporX 1g | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | OCZ modXtreme 700w | Antec Fusion remote MAX

A fool and his money are easily parted
    I don't drink Koolaid

Need some cable's? Just ask :)
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Onkyo TX-515SVPRO (or something like that). Dump find; dead as a doornail. Fuses OK. Beyond my meager solid state troubleshooting skills. Fortunately the dump has a generous return policy.

Too bad, too; it's beefy. Appears to have discrete output devices, too. I assume it's a Dolby ProLogic Rx.
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Mrh, nice find from dump but too bad it's not working. May be you should salvage the EI core transformer and return the rest for the dump store? From the pictures, looks like regulator chip and some resistors got smoked. May be a simple fix if you can find a schema on the AK Vintage Forum.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Interesting; I didn't notice anything that looked overheated or burned; I'll have to look again.

I actually assumed that there was an internal fuse in the PT that might be the culprit (I haven't checked anything on the transformer itself) and that the most likely problem was a toasted PT :-P
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The Onkyo is turning into quite a saga (in case anyone's interested).
    http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256442

There are indeed heat-discolored regions on one board, by the bye.
    I apologize that I missed it before; it's not as obvious to the naked eye as it is in one of my poor flash photos.

(sorry for briefly derailing the thread...)
  • speakergeek
    edited October 2009
    Options
    [
    Emotiva xpa5 :o

Posted some shots of mine back on p.22 of this thread.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Marantz DV-7600 sans transport. Recently, the transport has become very noisy, so I'm looking to replace it. While doing some research, it appears as it's the same transport as used in the dreaded McIntosh MCD-201.

Marantz%20DV-7600.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • revjac
    revjac Posts: 2
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have a bit of an issue - I have been given an old 2200ii and she looks pretty much like she's been rode hard and put up wet.
    Somebody took out the connector board to do some kind of repair at some point - which means all the wiring has been disconnected - and of course nothing was labeled. So I don't zacly know where all the wires go back (although your picture of the guts was very helpful indeed).
    I am also given to understand that you might have a schematic/service manual. Would there be any chance of having that sent up north to Edmonton (if it's in a sendable file of course)?

I really want to use this as a major learning project as much as getting this sweet old piece up and running again. My tech guy says he'll help (some) but I need to do this on my own - and I don't plan to die trying either.

I'd sincerely appreciate any help I could get.

thanksabunch!

jac
    jac - desperaudio at large
  • revjac
    revjac Posts: 2
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The ever popular Tony at Parasound was kind enough to take time out of his day to send me a schematic.
    I'd still like some close-up pics of the boards but I have a starting point (not that I'm any good at reading schematics - wine menus - yes, schematics, not so much)
    jac - desperaudio at large
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2009
    Options
    heh... you're everywhere lately, revjac!

Howdy; good seein' ya...
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Don't think I ever displayed my Franken-Revox A77, and the carcasses that were used to reanimate it (did I?).

DSCN5764.jpg
    DSCN5765.jpg

The survivor is now a half-track, "high speed" (15 and 7.5 ips) machine and its performance is excellent.
    The carcasses are still in the basement, awaiting the Rapture I suppose.
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It doesn't look like I ever posted this one, either. Yamaha TC-511s, a very basic, early "front load" (sort of) two-head cassette deck with Dolby (B) NR. My first cassette deck was one of these (not this one).

P1030116.jpg
    TC511S203-420view20AK.jpg
    P1030117.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2009
    Options
  • Face
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Since we're posting old junk.

philco1.jpg
    philco2.jpg
    philco3.jpg
    philco4.jpg

The first one doesn't work, I may try to restore it one day though.

The second one works for 15 minutes, then the volume slowly fades away. Needless to say, it doesn't stay plugged in.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They look to be in great shape.

OT but how do you like the Squeze Box?I'm wanting one.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Face
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The Duet is great, I use it more than half the time. I need to sit down and do some more critical listening, but so far I can't tell the difference between FLAC and redbook through my Marantz DAC/Player.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    The Duet is great, I use it more than half the time. I need to sit down and do some more critical listening, but so far I can't tell the difference between FLAC and redbook through my Marantz DAC/Player.

Ditto. Squeezebox rules and the new Squeeze Touch is going to be cool. Like Face says.............an external dac is needed.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The Duet is great,
    Yeah I'm looking at it and the Touch to stream my iTunes with Apple lossless.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited November 2009
    Options
    At first, with seeing the Duet controller next to the taller Philco, I was expecting to see the SB receiver inside it on the next pic as a kind of camouflage.

Still cool though.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2009
    Options

The second one works for 15 minutes, then the volume slowly fades away. Needless to say, it doesn't stay plugged in.

all's I have is old junk...

Nice radios. Probably a bad passive (capacitor or resistor) in the latter one - a can of "freeze mist" circuit chiller could probably ID the suspect component in a jiffy. "Jiffy" is a very period-correct term for this radio, BTW.
  • speakergeek
    edited November 2009
    Options

philco1.jpg
    philco2.jpg
    philco3.jpg
    philco4.jpg

Very cool indeed.