In-Dash Double-DIN

phoenix655
phoenix655 Posts: 4
edited December 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi I looking to put a new radio in my 98' acura 3.2 TL. the car uses a Double Dins. I was looking at the Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD. But not being up on car electonics I don't know if this is a good deck or even a good brand. Any help in finding a good brand that makes Double Din recievers would be have great help. Thanks
Post edited by phoenix655 on

Comments

• slush
    slush Posts: 124
    edited October 2009
    I am looking at that same H/U or the 4100....can't decide.
  • phoenix655
    edited October 2009
    I looked at that one too, I just don't know if pioneer makes good H/U or not. I don't want to pay that much and find out that a brand I don't know makes better H/U for the same money or less.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2009
    Polk makes great double dins.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited October 2009
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Polk makes great double dins.
    -Cody

Huh? Did Polk start making HUs when I wasn't looking?
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    edited October 2009
    AustinKP wrote: »
    Huh? Did Polk start making HUs when I wasn't looking?

no. I said it b/c it still amazes me the first post on a polk forum refers to what double din radios are good...when it has nothing to do with polk.

and where the hell did you go!?!
    -Cody
  • slush
    slush Posts: 124
    edited October 2009
    no. I said it b/c it still amazes me the first post on a polk forum refers to what double din radios are good...when it has nothing to do with polk.

-Cody

Maybe he needs something for his polk speakers? WTF does it matter if it's his first post or not?
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2009
    how do you know if your vehicle uses a double din HU? I want to replace the one in my truck.. and it looks taller than a standard HU. how do I know for sure. it's got the stock cassette deck from Ford.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • phoenix655
    edited October 2009
    thank you Slush, the theard is about a H/U to push my polk 5 1/2 and 6X9 (DB series) speakers. Besides not to start a fight but not all the threads on this forum are just about polk speakers. I was just looking for some advice on a good H/U from people who love talking about audio, no matter the brand. If this is not the best place for the question please give a fourm that talks about car H/U so that I can ask the people there. Again I don't mean to break any rules or start any fights.
  • exalted512
    edited October 2009
    danger boy wrote: »
    how do you know if your vehicle uses a double din HU? I want to replace the one in my truck.. and it looks taller than a standard HU. how do I know for sure. it's got the stock cassette deck from Ford.

what kind of truck is it? year/make/model
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited October 2009
    phoenix655 wrote: »
    thank you Slush, the theard is about a H/U to push my polk 5 1/2 and 6X9 (DB series) speakers. Besides not to start a fight but not all the threads on this forum are just about polk speakers. I was just looking for some advice on a good H/U from people who love talking about audio, no matter the brand. If this is not the best place for the question please give a fourm that talks about car H/U so that I can ask the people there. Again I don't mean to break any rules or start any fights.

What exactly do you want out of the radio? Pioneer is a good brand, I have the z110bt in my truck. Navigation is a little off at times, but I dont guess youre looking for one with navigation.

Are you going to be running any amps?

BTW, polk doesnt make 5.5" speakers.
    -Cody
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited October 2009
    danger boy wrote: »

I may be wrong Al, but a quick Crutchfield inquiry has led to your truck (1991 Ford F-150) having a HU code of either I or K, meaning they are just the regular run of the mill HU's. Doesn't look like it is DD, doesn't mean that the previous owner didn't mod it to be DD though.

-Jeff

If you want go to Crutchfield and hover over the Car Audio/Video & GPS and then click on "outfit my car" that is where I went. Don't care for their prices, but they have a ton of good information on their site.
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited October 2009
    Have a Kenwood 2DIN that is awesome~
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited December 2009
    -Cody

I changed careers. Not nearly the same amount of free time online as my old job, when I was a frequenter. I just got out of the habit, and forget to come back except for just once in a while. Thus my two month delay in replying :)
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • maintrain
    maintrain Posts: 15
    edited December 2009
    Front: Monitor 70's
    Surrounds: Monitor 40's
    Surround Back: Monitor 30's
    Custom TC-3000 Sub (under construction) http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23114
    Sub Amp Behringer EP-2500
    Pioneer vsx-1018-ahk
    Sharp Aquos 52"

Polkie for life!