The First Ever Great Chicago Audio Tour

2»

Comments

• messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited October 2009
    Sorry guys, I'll have to back out for that day. I'm in a sanctioned BBQ event for that weekend, and if we win, it's on the the finals!!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited October 2009
    shall we push it back a week?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited October 2009
    Depending on how whether or not it keeps getting pushed back, I might be able to make it.

I'll keep checking in.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2009
    lol...
    It looks like a bump back to the 23rd/24th may be in order...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • comfortablycurt
    edited October 2009
    Don't move it back on my account...whether or not I can make it on any given date is still a total unknown.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited October 2009
    I'm up for it whenever unless something really big comes my way. Btw I blame Curt for everything :D
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • comfortablycurt
    edited October 2009
    kawizx9r wrote: »
    I'm up for it whenever unless something really big comes my way. Btw I blame Curt for everything :D

Dammit...how is it that people always find a way to blame things on me!?:p
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited October 2009
    Curt does make a rather handy scapegoat. He's young, he'll bounce back, lol. :D

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • comfortablycurt
    edited October 2009
    Curt does make a rather handy scapegoat. He's young, he'll bounce back, lol. :D

-Jeff

Exactly.

For instance...

WWII? Yeah, that was my fault. Sorry guys. It was an accident.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • kawizx9r
    edited October 2009
    Exactly.

For instance...

WWII? Yeah, that was my fault. Sorry guys. It was an accident.

All makes sense now, wait don't tell me..........you have nothing to do with the state of our economy now do you? Or the reason why my honey nut cheerios get soggier than usual in the morning? :(
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• comfortablycurt
    edited October 2009
    All makes sense now, wait don't tell me..........you have nothing to do with the state of our economy now do you? Or the reason why my honey nut cheerios get soggier than usual in the morning? :(

Sorry...those were both my fault too.

One other thing...when you're waiting for a package to come from UPS/Fedex/USPS etc...and it arrives beaten beyond recognition? Yeah...sorry guys...that's my fault too. The packages all come through my house before they get to their destinations. I decide what lives and what gets destroyed.

So...you might want to get on my good side.;)
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • kawizx9r
    edited October 2009
    Sorry...those were both my fault too.

One other thing...when you're waiting for a package to come from UPS/Fedex/USPS etc...and it arrives beaten beyond recognition? Yeah...sorry guys...that's my fault too. The packages all come through my house before they get to their destinations. I decide what lives and what gets destroyed.

Well at least there's one good thing around here, thats customer service. Without you, everything would be working perfectly and there'd be no need to call anyone for any help/support. Since you're the cause of all the mayhem, at least there'll be others called upon to fix the issue. So don't be too hard on yourself :p
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited October 2009
    Now it all makes sense, couldn't have said it better myself Freddy, lol. :D
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • comfortablycurt
    edited October 2009
    Exactly...I'm helping to create jobs here.

Show some respect!!:eek:
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • kawizx9r
    edited October 2009
    Whenever we do go on this thing, a few things will be required of you; a lucky rabbit's foot, a 4-leaf clover, horseshoe, and whatever else you can think of. No sharp objects either :)
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• bassaholic
    bassaholic Posts: 315
    edited October 2009
    If you're shooting for the weekend of the 24th. I could make the trip down there. Has anyone from the area checked to make sure that the stores and open and what time they close?
    Pioneer SC-37
    RTiA9-fronts
    CSiA6-center
    RT55i-surrounds
    SVS PB13 Ultra & PSW650
    Monster Power 3250 amp
    Monster Power 2250 amp
    Monster Power HDP-2500 surge pro.

Denon 3805,CS400i,RT25i's & FX500i's sitting in the basement collecting dust
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited October 2009
    Was going to drive from Mpls but since Curt is so uncertain if he will be there or not will probably just change our plans...and especially now after seeing you were responsible for the soggy Cheerios...Thanks Curt ;)
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited October 2009
    Curt's in love..........;)
  • comfortablycurt
    edited October 2009
    Whenever we do go on this thing, a few things will be required of you; a lucky rabbit's foot, a 4-leaf clover, horseshoe, and whatever else you can think of. No sharp objects either :)

lol...Alright. I think I have most of those things laying around somewhere. If you think of anything else I should bring, let me know.
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Was going to drive from Mpls but since Curt is so uncertain if he will be there or not will probably just change our plans...and especially now after seeing you were responsible for the soggy Cheerios...Thanks Curt ;)

You're quite welcome. I know how much everyone loves soggy Cheerios.;)
    daboyz wrote: »
    Curt's in love..........;)

Exactly...and it's been taking a lot of my time recently. Not that I have any objections to that.

24th won't work for me. My brothers band is playing at The House in Dekalb on the 23rd...and then on the 24th me and the new lady are going to see The Yonder Mountain String Band at the House of Blue's in Chicago.

The weekend after that is out for me too...possibly seeing Type O Negative...and definitely seeing Bob Dylan at The Aragon.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • messiah
    edited October 2009
    So why don't we just push it to early november, and we can celebrate my birthday as well!!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited October 2009
    I'll do my best to make whatever weekend it is... Summer is over, so my weekends are no longer dominated.

My girlfriend would like to go, but it's not a dealbreaker.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • messiah
    edited October 2009
    Of course she'll be welcome!! I'll ask my GF if she wants to come along so she's not the only girl. My girl doesn't know beans about HT or stereo rigs, but she knows what sounds good, and I've taken her on demos before.

• concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited October 2009
    I meant more with her work schedule. :p She doesn't work a 9-5 5 days a week like i do, so if she's working, it'll just be me, but if she's not, she'll tag along.

Mine is like yours.... has no idea what's going on, but can pick out changes and tell me which sounds better. She doesn't CARE much about which sounds better, but she DOES know the differene. :D
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2009
    we should pick a date soon and stick with it, and the more the merrier. Bring the wives, girlfriends, friends and anyone else that may have an interest in coming along. We could even turn it into a holiday party at this point.

• kawizx9r
    edited October 2009
    So when are we doing this? Lol.....I blame Curt yet again.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• daboyz
    edited October 2009
    Once you guys figure out you can't wait on Curt you'll be soooooo much better off.;) Keep me in the loop. You never know,maybe I'll show up.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited October 2009
    If Curt gets out this way he better stop by and pick up his stuff.;) I know he is in rut, so audio is secondary.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • daboyz
    edited October 2009
    Don't worry,Rich. I'll get it and hold it for ransom.:D
  • comfortablycurt
    edited October 2009
    So when are we doing this? Lol.....I blame Curt yet again.

Sorry guys...it's just in my nature to be a screw up...lol
    Once you guys figure out you can't wait on Curt you'll be soooooo much better off.;) Keep me in the loop. You never know,maybe I'll show up.

Yeah, don't ever wait for me. I'm not an on time person. If I tell you that I'm gonna be somewhere at 5 o'clock...expect me to show up at about 6:30-7...lol
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    If Curt gets out this way he better stop by and pick up his stuff.;) I know he is in rut, so audio is secondary.:D

Well, we just got word from our mechanic that my moms cars done, so I'll be getting their old one soon...I've just gotta get the title/insurance and all that sorted out. I can't wait to have some wheels again!!
    Don't worry,Rich. I'll get it and hold it for ransom.:D

What are you going to hold it ransom for?
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • kawizx9r
    edited October 2009
    So, when we are we doing this? Lol

Btw, taking my police exam today...wish me luck!
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104