Tampa Polkies gathering

1235»

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited August 2009
    LOL you guys are a laugh
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited August 2009
    My wife said she want I-Sonic Entertainment System 2 for our bedroom before sale is over.

I will add it to demo room and You all can demo it when you all come ! :D

I also sent pm to Doro for update on vm speakers demo.
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • Talweh
    Talweh Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    Pauly wrote: »
    He work at food distrib? I can assist on cooking preping since i entertain my freinds all the time and am pretty used to it.

Can do some Kbobs (Chicken, Steak, Shrimp) Can do some wings. Bruchetta, Spinach dip, veggie/cheese tray. Those are some suggestions off top of my head.....

Pauly

I actually package and sell *to* distributors. I was leaning toward shrimp for apps (already cooked and peeled, so could be quickly turned into cocktail or other stuff), and steaks for the grownups, burgers for the kids. if anyone has any special requests, get 'em in, if it's something I don't normally carry, I need a week notice to get it in...
    Thanks for the offer to cook/prep and do sides. Shows how often I do this kind of stuff, I totally forgot!
    I can't wait, this oughtta be a blast, and BTW I do not drink, but I may have *a* beer to be social.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited August 2009
    Talweh wrote: »
    I actually package and sell *to* distributors. I was leaning toward shrimp for apps (already cooked and peeled, so could be quickly turned into cocktail or other stuff), and steaks for the grownups, burgers for the kids. if anyone has any special requests, get 'em in, if it's something I don't normally carry, I need a week notice to get it in...
    Thanks for the offer to cook/prep and do sides. Shows how often I do this kind of stuff, I totally forgot!
    I can't wait, this oughtta be a blast, and BTW I do not drink, but I may have *a* beer to be social.

Sounds good. Soon as we get a solid number of attendents will hammer out the menu.....

Jeff,

You get that date set in stone with work yet?

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited August 2009
    Hate to be a pain in the @ss but I'd like a turkey or beef burger or a chicken breast. Don't eat beef or pork. Can bring myself as its no problem, Just let me know.
    Paul
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited August 2009
    Keiko wrote: »
    Lush :p

Aww c'mon...you don't know what you're talking about.:p
    I'll go with ya Curt, only one question though..... what are you gonna drink? LOL :D

-Jeff

Hmm...if you're coming I better double...no...triple up on that order. 3 kegs it is!! I think we're going to need to take my truck...
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Talweh
    edited August 2009
    No Fear Potee, Chicken Boobies for you! Anyone else with a special request?
  • potee
    edited August 2009
    Thank You. Never met a boobie I did't like. Big, small, round, cone, firm, soft all wonderful
  • potee
    edited September 2009
    Are we still on for Oct. I haven't seen a post from Caligula in a long time. Are you ok?
  • Talweh
    edited September 2009
    Paul,I haven't seen/spoken to him in awhile either... it's kinda late now, but I'll try to hit him up on yahoo tomorrow. But as far as I know, we're still on for mid Oct.
    What's up Jeff? where ya hidin?
  • Pauly
    edited September 2009
    Guys stand by on this. Jeff has alot on his plate at the moment. Might be moved to a "mini" gathering at my apt.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • potee
    edited September 2009
    I'm ok with this just let me know about any changes. I hope all is alright with him.
    Paul
  • Talweh
    edited September 2009
    Also ok with this, Hope Jeff and Fam are ok, if I can be of any help, let me know. Also want to add/offer I have a house that *might* be bigger than your Apt- 'tis a small house lol- to offer if you are in a small Apt. but no dedicated gear room/area. I keep my 2ch rig in a neighbor's garage. which is acoustically terrible, but better than nothing.
    I'll keep checking back, and again, I hope it all works out!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited September 2009
    He should have everything.

Caligula - What's the update?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Pauly
    edited October 2009
    I havent heard from Jeff, i know he had some stuff to take care of that is more important than any of this, so im gonna call this one cancelled.

Option 2.

I can have a few people over to my apt. Its only a one bedroom very small, packed wall to wall with polks :), or if someone has a bigger place that would like to entertain we can go that route.

Go

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2009
    So what happened to Jeff?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Pauly
    edited October 2009
    If he cares to share thats his business. I was asked not to and i will respect that. Hes alive, i actually text back and forth earlier with him. Hes just got alot on his plate thats more important than speaker stuff.

Im all ears on opinions on getting a smaller one going.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • potee
    edited October 2009
    I'm open to what ever as long as I'm free when its done. When talking to him tell him he has my best wishes and I hope all works out for the family.

Paul
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Pauly wrote: »
    If he cares to share thats his business. I was asked not to and i will respect that. Hes alive, i actually text back and forth earlier with him. Hes just got alot on his plate thats more important than speaker stuff.

Im all ears on opinions on getting a smaller one going.

Pauly

Maybe you can text him that it might be nice to email dorokusai a WTF is going on type message before I start to send folks to his home.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited October 2009
    It shows his last activity was on August 28th...hope everything's alright with Jeff.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Pauly
    edited October 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Maybe you can text him that it might be nice to email dorokusai a WTF is going on type message before I start to send folks to his home.

SIR YES SIR! ;-)

Didnt know he wasnt in direct contact with you Mark. I'll text him and tell him to hit you up for an update. I just figured the speakers where gonna be here this long for the Tampa thing, but doesnt look like much is gonna happen at this time, so time to send on for next demo. I told him if he cant ship, i would be more than happy to pick them up and ship on to the next person or back to you. Not sure where they go.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    :D OK Thanks.
  • potee
    edited October 2009
    Hey pauly WTF happened? Is Cali ok? I had hoped to meet a few of you guys and maybe even learn a thing or two. Any way hope Cali and family are ok health wise every thing else can mostly be fixed over time.
    Paul
  • Pauly
    edited October 2009
    Im always game to meet up with some polkies, this Tampa fest just fell through. Ive only got a 1br apt so cant have a huge party. But anytime you want to meet up let me know. I can have a few people over. Im gonna try to get something small together here soon. Just work, Holidays coming up soon etc.. Its gonna be a toss up

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited October 2009
    Yes i am alive

pauly is correct, i have a lot on my plate right now! I have my priority than polk speakers or gathering.

I want to apologize that i had to cancel and for pauly to inform you all.

I also contacted doro about the speakers i have here in my home. if its ok with him and i can have pauly to come my house to pick the speakers up. Either ship back or pauly picking up is fne with me. I will need have "okay" from doro first. I have not been home a lot lately this is why i am not on here a lot anymore.

Again, i apologize for cancelling and i was really looking forward for this gather. maybe next time when things settles down for me.

also i m selling my emotiva xpa-5 amp, if you guy interested pick it up. more info in flea market. Thanks
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • Pauly
    edited October 2009
    Hey Jeff, i think Mark is sending me shipping lables. I'll get with you and come and get when they arrive.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited October 2009
    Hey there CP-I hope everything is OK with you and the family!!

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited October 2009
    Jeff and Pauly, let me know if I can help in any way. Jeff, prayers sent.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • potee
    edited October 2009
    I haven't been keeping up on this. I'm glad to see that cali made a post. One thing I know is that time heals a lot of things, As long as we have our health. I'm just on the edge of town if you need a hand with anything. Hoping to see Cali back in form soon. Him and his family are in my thoughts
    Paul