Tampa Polkies gathering

Comments

• CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited August 2009
    lightman1 wrote: »
    From when we get there, until there are only two of us left standing. That's how I roll.
    What date did you settle on?

Not sure yet, i will have to check my schedule when i return to work next week. (Summer is almost over for me)

I will let you all know ASAP when i set the date.

ALSO I need to know how many people are ya all bringing so i can actual figure out what kind meal i want to order. Talewh we will talk soon.
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2009
    Just me and whichever voices in my head decide to tag along.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited August 2009
    Just set a date and I will try to make it.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    engtaz wrote: »
    Just set a date and I will try to make it.

I sent ya email on my yahoo account, please reply :D
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • Talweh
    Talweh Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    Really looking forward to this guys! Depending on how many people come, I plan to buy the food, but if it's a huge gathering I may need help. I will keep checking the thread for details. I don't know if I can PM yet cuz I'm so new, but CaligulaPolk if you want to exchange phone numbers to help coordinate things (I am somewhat familiar with TTY, or I can speak with your wife...) it's cool, shoot me a PM!
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    Talweh wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this guys! Depending on how many people come, I plan to buy the food, but if it's a huge gathering I may need help. I will keep checking the thread for details. I don't know if I can PM yet cuz I'm so new, but CaligulaPolk if you want to exchange phone numbers to help coordinate things (I am somewhat familiar with TTY, or I can speak with your wife...) it's cool, shoot me a PM!

WE deaf people dont use TTY anymore. We use Videophone (Relay service or direct with two VPs) and i have not hooked mine up yet. I also will need to change my phone number to 813 #. I would say about 5-10 people unless they bring kids and wives along. would be nice if less 10 people.

Doro and i spoke on PM, and hes trying to help us to have a good time. Kudos to him

• Talweh
    Talweh Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    Sounds good, I can certainly swing that. I figure I'll bring steaks, (burgers too if there are kids coming, I would like to bring my son, who is 13, to see the cool stuff, but if nobody else brings kids, then I won't) and some cooked shrimp for cocktail/appetizers. If anyone has a special request, let me know (I get AWESOME grouper!) and I can get other stuff too.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited August 2009
    Im bringing my pretty face :p;)

I'll bring whatever. Lets just get a date/time set and we can pan everything out from now till then.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    No date set yet..

But i would like do atendee list for good food

1. Talewh, son and daughter (3)
    2. Pauly (1)
    3. Russ the lightman (1)
    4. Engtaz (??)

Who else is coming? Disneyjoe?

I also pmed doro for vm speakers and hes trying to send it first week of october. I really hope he will let us to demo it at the gather.

I will have emotiva xpa-5 amp for u to use if you want to bring your speakers for polkies to demo. I will try to buy CSI A6 and RTI a3 soon. cant promise on that speakers

• Pauly
    edited August 2009
    Jeff,

Put me down for 2 as well. I might be bringing my buddy. Hes not on the boards but he has my old M7's so hes a polkie at heart.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    Pauly wrote: »
    Jeff,

Put me down for 2 as well. I might be bringing my buddy. Hes not on the boards but he has my old M7's so hes a polkie at heart.

Pauly

ok

2. Pauly and his buddy (2)
    3. Russ the lightman (1)
    4. Engtaz (??)

• Pauly
    edited August 2009
    Roy,

What say you?

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited August 2009
    If things go. OK Me and my eldest.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    engtaz wrote: »
    If things go. OK Me and my eldest.

3. Russ the lightman (1)
    4. Engtaz and his eldest (2)

8 people so far...

• Pauly
    edited August 2009
    Too bad theres kids or i would bring some local female "Talent" :)
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    Too bad theres kids or i would bring some local female "Talent" :)

hahahahaha whos paying for the talent :D

• Pauly
    edited August 2009
    hahahahaha whos paying for the talent :D

Will send the bill to Polk :)
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    Will send the bill to Polk :)

i think to doro would be best :D

• potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited August 2009
    3. Russ the lightman (1)

8 people so far...

Don't forget me my name is paul nickname potee. Just 1
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    3. Russ the lightman (1)
    5. Potee (1)

9 atendees

guys.. do you drink alcohol? IF SO, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT U LIKE TO DRINK. Dont worry i have coffee maker...

If your drinking heavily and drive home, i will not let u drink for a while before you drive home... Because I CARE!!! :D

• CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    Im towarding on oct 17th

I HAVE TO MAKE SURE I DOTN WORK ON THAT DAY

• Pauly
    edited August 2009
    3. Russ the lightman (1)
    5. Potee (1)

9 atendees

guys.. do you drink alcohol? IF SO, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT U LIKE TO DRINK. Dont worry i have coffee maker...

If your drinking heavily and drive home, i will not let u drink for a while before you drive home... Because I CARE!!! :D

Dont worry about me driving home. I will be FLYING home. lol
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    Dont worry about me driving home. I will be FLYING home. lol

LOL but ill make sure you will be allright!!

Atendees please suggest food.

Talweh was nice to offer food from his work. Please PM me food suggestion.

I would like to give and discuss with him on list food in advance so he can prepare and get us good food to eat. KUDOS TO TALWEH.

any ideas on liquors?

• comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited August 2009
    Anyone coming through Illinois on the way there? I'll come if I've got a ride.:p

I'll bring a case of Fat Tire New Belgium Amber Ale and a case of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale...and that's just for the ride there!!:eek:
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited August 2009
    I'll go with ya Curt, only one question though..... what are you gonna drink? LOL :D

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • Pauly
    edited August 2009
    LOL but ill make sure you will be allright!!

Atendees please suggest food.

Talweh was nice to offer food from his work. Please PM me food suggestion.

I would like to give and discuss with him on list food in advance so he can prepare and get us good food to eat. KUDOS TO TALWEH.

any ideas on liquors?

He work at food distrib? I can assist on cooking preping since i entertain my freinds all the time and am pretty used to it.

Can do some Kbobs (Chicken, Steak, Shrimp) Can do some wings. Bruchetta, Spinach dip, veggie/cheese tray. Those are some suggestions off top of my head.....

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    He work at food distrib? I can assist on cooking preping since i entertain my freinds all the time and am pretty used to it.

Can do some Kbobs (Chicken, Steak, Shrimp) Can do some wings. Bruchetta, Spinach dip, veggie/cheese tray. Those are some suggestions off top of my head.....

Pauly

good suggestion... anyone else???

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2009
    Anything soaked in beer and warmed up on the grill. Cali...ASL has many variations...Take no offense if I accidentally curse at you....:rolleyes:
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Anything soaked in beer and warmed up on the grill. Cali...ASL has many variations...Take no offense if I accidentally curse at you....:rolleyes:

You need go to AA meeting!!! of course soaked in beer :D

curses back!! :D I dont offend easily .. lol

• Pauly
    edited August 2009
    AA?

Momma always said dont be a quitter.

Pauly
    Life without music would