Fredericksburg, Virginia Gathering (9-5/6-2009)...

Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
edited September 2009 in Gatherings & Special Events
Alright guys/gals, Sherardp has finally given me a date of when he'll be back state side. Just in case you guys don't know, Sherardp resides in Japan and has yet to meet many other Polk Audio Fans out there (except me of course:D) so I've been wanting to do a get together at my place for him to meet some other fellow Polkies. I know this is kinda short notice but on the weekend of September 5/6, 2009, Sherard will be in town and I'd like to try and get as many of you guys together at my place as I can so Sherard can meet our extended family. I'll supply the food, drinks and entertainment so all you guys have to do is show up. As far as what time, show up as early as you'd like, leave as late as you like. I left both the 5th and 6th of September open so just let me know which day(s) are best for you guys and if need be, we will through down both days. My place is your place. So anyone interested, let me know ASAP so I can get a head count together.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited August 2009
    Is that anywhere near Lorton? Reason I ask,, I have an amp in Lorton currently.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Grimster74
    edited August 2009
    Hey George, Lorton is about 45 minutes to an hour north of me depending on traffic.
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited August 2009
    Is that anywhere near Lorton? Reason I ask,, I have an amp in Lorton currently.

George, if you're coming up here you MUST stop by my place; it's required~
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited August 2009
    Gary,, if I do,, rest assured I will let you know,,hell,it's fun just to watch you work(I'm talking about last years CF),, and for those that didn't know,,,this guys rocks,,, in the highest order. ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • BigMac
    BigMac Posts: 849
    edited August 2009
    I will try and make it. School starts right after this for my children so if time permits I wll be there. Only a 45 minute ride for me to get there. How far are you from the Fredericksburg exit?
  • Knucklehead
    Knucklehead Posts: 3,602
    edited August 2009
    BigMac wrote: »
    I will try and make it. School starts right after this for my children so if time permits I wll be there. Only a 45 minute ride for me to get there. How far are you from the Fredericksburg exit?

Same here, not sure if I can with the kids goin back to school that Monday. I'll certainly try though.

David
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan
  • Grimster74
    edited August 2009

I'm about a 10-15 minute ride from the Fredericksburg/Route #3 exit.
  • Grimster74
    edited August 2009
    Same here, not sure if I can with the kids goin back to school that Monday. I'll certainly try though.

David

Completely understandable about kids going back to school guys. Man, my kids go back to school starting this coming Monday, Aug. 24th. If you guys can only come by and chill for a while it would be great. Hell, I'm looking forward to meeting some new local Polkies myself.
  • BigMac
    edited August 2009
    What's making this hard is I leave for Nags Head for a week this Saturday and will not return till the following Saturday. Everything is very up in the air. I can make the time but don't want to stick the wife and kids with everything while I am out playing. I would have fun while I was gone but upon return I would have a foot implanted in my ****,lol. :eek:
  • Grimster74
    edited August 2009
    What's making this hard is I leave for Nags Head for a week this Saturday and will not return till the following Saturday. Everything is very up in the air. I can make the time but don't want to stick the wife and kids with everything while I am out playing. I would have fun while I was gone but upon return I would have a foot implanted in my ****,lol. :eek:

Again, completely understand, family first bro.
  • Grimster74
    edited August 2009
    Just noticed something, this is Labor Day Weekend guys, should be a 3 day weekend for most of us so that means the kids won't start school till Tuesday.
  • Grimster74
    edited August 2009
    Alright guys/gals, we are at the 2 week mark, gonna be plenty of food and beer, who's coming.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited August 2009
    ya'll better go since i cannot, living across country and all...

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2009
    I will probably pop down for a few hours, bring a few hookers and my Polk logo'd beer bong.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited August 2009
    PM Sent, yo
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited August 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    and my Polk logo'd beer bong.

Where can I buy one of these? I don't see them anywhere on Polk's website.;):p
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited August 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I will probably pop down for a few hours, bring a few hookers and my Polk logo'd beer bong.

yeah, but when you gonna get that chit signed by matt?:eek:

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Grimster74
    edited August 2009
    Okay guys, for all of you planning on attending this coming weekend let me know so I can PM you my addy so you can get directions. Thanks!
  • Grimster74
    edited September 2009
    Okay, I know this is very last minute and all but I'm shooting for Saturday guys. Still waiting for Sherard to give me a call when he hits the East coast as to when's going to be better for him Saturday or Sunday. Honestly, it's really hard to pin Sherard down when he's back in the states due to his job and ever changing schedule. So as of now, going with Saturday, if something changes you guys will be the first to know which should be today sometime or another. Anybody interested in stopping inn give me a shout and I'll shoot you my addy.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited September 2009
    Well I'm definitely trying to make it, but I do have a ton of crap going on while I'm back east with family and the like besides the JOB. If I don't make it this time around I will definitely drop in on you in October Rob while I'm back for corporate meetings in PA like I did last time.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • BigMac
    edited September 2009
    I read the dates wrong when I first posted here. I am obviously back from OBX and will be able to make it. I ran the Sunday date by my wife before we left for vacation and everything seems cool for that date. I see that this is on Saturday so hopefully I can still make it. I don't think I have any previous plans for Sat. so if you would, please pm me your addy. Thanks.

Need me to bring anything? I will be more than happy to bring whatever is needed.......within reason of course,lol. If anyone else wants to come that lives near Richmond you can always meet me here and we can carpool up if you like. Just pm me and we will go from there.
  • BigMac
    edited September 2009
    Zero wrote: »
    Wow, this is certainly looking like a last minute affair. Hopefully the date and time will be pegged by this evening.

So far, my schedule looks clear for tomorrow. PM the address if you please.

BigMac, thanks for the car pool offer. I'm about an hour east of Richmond. I'd take you up on it, but I *suck* at navigating through Richmond. Odds are likely that I'd never make it to your house! :o:p

I live about 1.5 minutes from the interstate (I-64). If you change your mind let me know.
  • Grimster74
    edited September 2009
    Alright guys, do to some things being out of Sherards control doesn't look like he's gonna make it up here this trip while back in the USA. I knew he had some family business to take care of and he was hoping to be able to squeeze me into his busy schedule but unfortunately this time is a no go, like I told Sherard, family first bro. He will be back in the States next month, I'll have to let him finalize the exact dates but my brother-from-another-mother ;)promises he will book us into he's schedule. Again, I assume full responsibility in this not working out this go around but once again, family comes first. Enjoy the rest of your trip while your back in the states Sherard.