Here is my setup:
AMP - Technics Stereo Intergrated Amplifier SU-V97
EQAULIZER - Technics Stereo Graphic Eqaulizer SH-8033
TUNER - Technics Synthesizer AM/FM Stereo Tuner ST-S77
SPEAKERS - Polk Audio RTi70
SUBWOOFERS - Polk Audio PSW202
- Sound Dynamics THS 3000
CABLE - Home Depot 12 Gauge

What would be the best way to hook up the two subwoofers? I don't really know what the most efficent way is. The Sound Dynamics THS 3000 Subwoofer is down firing and my floor in my bedroom is carpet, I was thinking about making up a piece of 1/4" plate aluminum and placing it underneath. Is that a good idea? Where should I place the two subwoofers, my room is fairly large, 20' x 13'. By the way I am planning on buying a Harman Kardon HK3475, so the Technics will be gone shortly!

Tell me what you think.
Main System:
Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
Post edited by glemay on

Comments

• dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Just split the sub out from your receiver, & run it to the subs. Make sure you put the subs close together, or stack them on to of each other. Any-more qs Dr Spec will know!!!
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I agree with Groove Holmes :) Stack em and throw em in the cornor. I have spent countless hours moving and adjusting and this and that, and to my satisfaction stacked in the cornor is the best for way in a large room. For me anyways. I belevie you gain 3db for stacking them alone. Make sure you have your more powerful amp turned up more than your "smaller" one.

Onkyo TXSR500
    Mains RTi70's
    Center Csi30
    Subs PSW350, PSW404 (Stacked)
    Rears Kendwood Junkies :)
    Dog - Pit Bull Terrier ADBA reg....????

"Ummmmm melted hog fat" - H. Simpson
    Life without music would
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by spasticpitbull
    Make sure you have your more powerful amp turned up more than your "smaller" one.
    Good approach here would be to calibrate each to same level at a frequency they can both reach.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD