Tampa Polkies gathering

Comments

• CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited July 2009
    engtaz wrote: »
    Married, Boy 14, Girl 10, Boy 9

I have a daughter who is 12 years old and 20 mos old son. Your children are welcome to attend with you. We have playground outside in the backyard. There are many nice kids in the neighborhood. You also can bring bike for them, we are in gated community where not many cars are passing by. Heres the pics of the playground.

100_6327.jpg

100_6328.jpg

100_6329.jpg

am planning to sand it and paint it beige/ tan.
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited July 2009
    Married forever 5 kids youngest 42, dozen grandkids, acouple of great grands. pretty sure I'll be alone. Wife likes to listen to the system but has no interest in the equipment or how it does stuff, Just grits her teeth when I say you know what we should get.
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    maybe we need get polkie wives club so they can complain when their husband buy lot **** or suggest to make their husband happy with buying electronics :D GOOD or BAD IDEA??? HEHEH
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited July 2009
    Russ,, are you allowed back in the state of Florida,,, yet? ;)
    Yep!
    It was only a one year ban and now my record is clean. Gotta watch myself this time though!
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Yep!
    It was only a one year ban and now my record is clean. Gotta watch myself this time though!

you better!!! :D

• mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited July 2009
    Ha - lol
    I have the same Playset. My boys love it, and I loved building it.
    Funny thing is, IIRC, the slide and ladder were swapped in the plans, I swapped them to suit my landscape (on a hill), but it seems that your's is also swapped. (or was it that I wanted to swap them but couldn't because of the landscape??)

IMG_0478.jpg

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    Ha - lol
    I have the same Playset. My boys love it, and I loved building it.
    Funny thing is, IIRC, the slide and ladder were swapped in the plans, I swapped them to suit my landscape (on a hill), but it seems that your's is also swapped. (or was it that I wanted to swap them but couldn't because of the landscape??)

IMG_0478.jpg

AWESOME!!! That looks good, did you paint any waterproof paint over it? the previous owner didnt and i need to sand it and paint to conserve it. It rains a lot here from what i have seen since i got to florida. one minute i mow grass and it rains out of blue in sunny.. lol..

my son loves it!! but hes little small to slide. I worry with the tunnel thing because he crawls fast and dont want him to fall if no one else is at the end. Need to replace sandbox soon. he loves the steering wheel for sure! :D I also replaced one of swing seat to baby swing seat

• mmadden28
    edited July 2009
    I immediately put on some transparent stain/waterproofing (I think Cabot)-The wood was already stained from the factory. The build instructions specifically stated that the wood is stained but not treated. Actually about 1/3 way through the build I decided to stain/waterproof them before I finished assembling it. Saved a lot of time later on-esp n the roof and fence. I'm about due for another 'treatment'.

When I first built it, my boys were able to climb the tall ladder thing into the tunnel just fine, but they were very pushy with each other and I didn't want one pushing the other right off. That 'crows nest' is the highest point off the ground. To resolve my concern for both my boys and any guests, I added some plastic chicken wire to cover the opening to the ladder and I also wrapped some around the bottom of the ladder. Worked like a charm. I took the chicken wire off late last year. I'll see if I can ind some pics with the plastic chicken wire in place.

I love that set. Its strong enough to hold my weight so I can get in there and play too. Just be aware, the build instructions tell you that you should check the tightness of the bolts every year or more often even.

You probably won't need to sand it. They have a cleaner that you can spray on and it prepares the wood for treating. I forget what its called right now. I'd pressure wash it before I'd sand it. Unless of course you have absolutely NOTHING to do for the next several months.

Next step: Add a sound system to it. :D

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
  • mmadden28
    edited July 2009
    ... but hes little small to slide. ... Need to replace sandbox soon. ..

I bought an add-on kit to cover the sandbox--no need for another place for critters to hide.. The kit basically adds more floorspace. But I never installed it. Since the backyard location I set it up is on a hill, I had to pour concrete footings to create a level surface for it. Well the anchors I used to hold the set to the footings are kind of in my way for installing the floor. Oh and diggig 3 foot holes for footings when most of the ground is almost solid rock is NO FUN!
    I'll figure it out and get it installed, but... Let me know if your interested in that kit and I'll get you the part #.

• CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    I immediately put on some stain/waterproofing (I think Cabot). The build instructions specifically stated that the wood is stained but not treated. Actually about 1/3 way through the build I decided to stain/waterproof them before I finished assembling it. Saved a lot of time later on. I'm about due for another 'treatment'.

When I first built it, my boys were able to climb the tall ladder thing into the tunnel just fine, but they were very pushy with each other and I didn't want one pushing the other right off. That 'crows nest' is the highest point off the ground. To resolve my concern for both my boys and any guests, I added some plastic chicken wire to cover the opening to the ladder and I also wrapped some around the bottom of the ladder. Worked like a charm. I took the chicken wire off late last year. I'll see if I can ind some pics with the plastic chicken wire in place.

I love that set. Its strong enough to hold my weight so I can get in there and play too. Just be aware, the build instructions tell you that you should check the tightness of the bolts every year or more often even.

You probably won't need to sand it. They have a cleaner that you can spray on and it prepares the wood for treating. I forget what its called right now. I'd pressure wash it before I'd sand it. Unless of course you have absolutely NOTHING to do for the next several months.

Figured id would clean and fix it up. i will paint it beige / dark tan to match my house color. Thanks for the tips and i will tight bolts tomorrow. Ill pressure wash and sand if necessary in few days. Im little worried about splinters but its not big issue. Great idea about plastic chicken wire... ill look into it at home depot tomorrow. Im scared when my 20 mos old son try to climb ladder by himself and hes still small. I got scared hed fall but of course im behind him :D

do you know what manufacturer made this? so i can google and look for replacement parts if there offer. dont want go outside at this hour :D

LOL my son wont need sound system at all!! hes like his father :D

• mmadden28
    edited July 2009
    IIRC, Creative Playthings. Should be right on the oval silver placard on the front near the roof. Bought mine at Sam's Club.

• mmadden28
    edited July 2009

LOL my son wont need sound system at all!! hes like his father :D

Then a 'buttkicker' system :cool:

• CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    IIRC, Creative Playthings. Should be right on the oval silver placard on the front near the roof. Bought mine at Sam's Club.

am on their website now.. thanks!!

nice to know i can get some info here :D
    Then a 'buttkicker' system :cool:

LMAO!!! but its not water proof :D

• mmadden28
    edited July 2009
    am on their website now.. thanks!!

nice to know i can get some info here :D

LMAO!!! but its not water proof :D

Build it its own little playhouse.

I believe the set was the Woodridge model. Not sure they're making that model anymore, but its just wood (which is cedar by the way) and bolts and such. Most of the Playset stuff they sell at Home Depot or Lowes will work fine as add-on accessories.

• Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited July 2009
    Single with a 5 year old boy. Got a couple floozies on the side for entertainment purposes only.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • Talweh
    Talweh Posts: 149
    edited July 2009
    Hi Gang! Figured I'd throw my name into the mix for the tpa get together, Pauly told me there was one in the works... I'm a new polkie, just got my first pair last weekend, a gifted (sorta) pair of monitor 10a's. I would be happy to bring them if anyone wants to hear them, (I'd really love to hear them on a great amp...) they're not too pretty to look at, the enclosures have been pretty abused, but the drivers are minty. Anyhow, My name is Lou, I live in st. pete, very happily married to the woman I divorced many years ago, and I have 3 kids, girl 19 (out of the house) boy 14, girl 12. looking forward to seeing a date in the thread... as for my availability, I work mon-fri except for occasionally I have to do inventory if the end of the month falls on a sat. and here's the good news, I work in a frozen seafood plant, so I can get great deals on seafood, steaks, and chicken for the party!!! :cool:
  • mmadden28
    edited July 2009
    Yall people need to show CaligulaPolk some subs that will knock his socks off!!

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2009
    Yall people need to show CaligulaPolk some subs that will knock his socks off!!

Well you know me, I usually bring a SUB that knocks peoples socks off. :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Pauly
    edited July 2009
    Doesnt he have a SVS? Is that not sub enough?
    Life without music would
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    Talweh wrote: »
    Hi Gang! Figured I'd throw my name into the mix for the tpa get together, Pauly told me there was one in the works... I'm a new polkie, just got my first pair last weekend, a gifted (sorta) pair of monitor 10a's. I would be happy to bring them if anyone wants to hear them, (I'd really love to hear them on a great amp...) they're not too pretty to look at, the enclosures have been pretty abused, but the drivers are minty. Anyhow, My name is Lou, I live in st. pete, very happily married to the woman I divorced many years ago, and I have 3 kids, girl 19 (out of the house) boy 14, girl 12. looking forward to seeing a date in the thread... as for my availability, I work mon-fri except for occasionally I have to do inventory if the end of the month falls on a sat. and here's the good news, I work in a frozen seafood plant, so I can get great deals on seafood, steaks, and chicken for the party!!! :cool:

Thats great, welcome to Polk Community.. I look forward meeting you as well. I may take up on your food offer :D

folks, Things got hectic this week... wife asked me if we cld postpone this gathering to october? TO BE HONEST... WE ARE DAMN BROKE... DAMN THAT SHADY CAR DEALER!!!

so this will give me time to settle down and deal with minor problem we have right now. So I was thinking... maybe Halloween would be awesome for us to come dress up and for your kids to trick treating around here at nice neighborhood... I HAVE A LOT OF HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS. i am sure the kids would want to dress up and have good time as we would too. Whatcha think??? Would October a good time? not necessarily have to be on 31st but.. we all can discuss on which saturday would be better for all of us.

However... we can still meet and have few drinks maybe eat at some BAR N GRILL resturant before gathering... if you guys would like that.. i would too :D

• Pauly
    edited July 2009
    Im game whenever. My house(apt) is always open to Polkies who want to stop by and chat over some beers and jam some Polks. Oct would be a little cooler.

Not sure about Halloween. I havent been able to take my kid T or Treating since he was and infant due to Oct being End of Qtr for work and has always fell on a weekday and have had to work late until this year. But maybe week or 2 before. Im sure we could just do a get togther and have a Pot luck style thing. Where it wouldnt really cost you much to host it.

Just a thought

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • Talweh
    edited July 2009
    Actually, Oct sounds great, I totally agree with waiting for the cooler weather. I was kinda dreading an outdoorsy event in July or August., since where I work it's 40 degrees in one room, and minus 20 in the other. I have NO ability to handle heat. So now we at least have a month nailed down! Looking forward to it!
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    How about October 17, 24 or 31st... am trying to set a date but need to know if you all who is interested can fit. So Doro can send sample speakers before the gathering.

• Pauly
    edited July 2009
    +1 for 17th for 24th

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • Talweh
    edited July 2009
    17th or 24 also ok with me, 31th might have inventory issues... let's get a list of potential attendees going so I can plan a menu! (I don't have much to offer in the realm of cool gear, so I figure I'll get my love by feeding y'all)
  • lightman1
    edited July 2009
    17,24 is good here. 29 is my sons B,day.
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited July 2009
    DORO, can you send the vms Demo speakers and any kind of free polk materials first week of October so we (Tampa polkies) can demo the speakrs whole day and I will ship to other polkie afterward.

• potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited July 2009
    If I'm in town I'll be there either date. Can't wait to meet and pick the minds of all these guys that I read every day. My time to learn and hear other speakers.

potee
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited August 2009
    Guys...

What time do you want to start the gathering from and to?

I am sending DORO pm regarding VM demo aspeakers and hopefully he will send me the demo for ya all to listen to at my home.

• lightman1
    edited August 2009
    Guys...

What time do you want to start the gathering from and to?

I am sending DORO pm regarding VM demo aspeakers and hopefully he will send me the demo for ya all to listen to at my home.
    From when we get there, until there are only two of us left standing. That's how I roll.
    What date did you settle on?