POLK AUDIO Speaker Clearance

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited August 2003 in Speakers
I am not sure if you would be interested, but I dropped by The Great Indoors today, and they have alot of clearance Polk's.

LSi15 = 750(Open)
LSi7 = 380(Boxed)
RM6700(5 Pack) = 420(Boxed)
FXi50 = 340(Boxed)
PSW650 = 440(Open)
RTi70 = 380(Open) 480(Box)

If you are really interested call me directly, and I can help you obtain them. (410)961-9729. Serious inquiries only please.

They also have Denon/M&K/Canton/Jamo on clearance, but I didnt write any of those down.

Just thought you guys would like to know. CYA!
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited August 2003
    Options
    those are great prices! I wonder if GI is clearing them out for a new line of LSi (I am focusing strictly at the LSi line) otherwise, what's the catch? no 9?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Nope, no LSi9's that I noticed at least, but alot of LSi7's. Yea they are clearing everything out while remodeling. He did mention that the Polk's were also being cleared because of the new line.

Everything in there is on clearance, its like a audio nuts dream lol.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Are the LSi7s ebony or cherry?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2003
    Options
    The ones I saw were Ebony, even the RTi lines were black....I am not sure if there was a cherry around. They might have cherry, I don't know for sure.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Any CSi40?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Sean if you buy them.......and in 2 weeks after you get them and are tired of them........

would you sell them to me for half price? :cool:
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Sean - Ebony.

Trey - No CSi40.
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited August 2003
    Options
    was there a LSiC? :)
    Maybe I'll cruise by the one far away from me.

Thanks
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Dlew - I did not notice a LSiC.
  • polkatese
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Sean, at $750 a pair, color should be an after thought ;)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited August 2003
    Options
    dorokusai: thanks for checking
  • polkatese
    edited August 2003
    Options
    ...and shame on you for not sharing the intel :(;)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Oh cmon, there are really only 2 possiblities. Black and cherry are out, so the only other real options are a darker 'rosenut' or 'walnut' style, or a lighter 'beech' or 'maple'.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • polkatese
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I actually perfectly content with ebony...blend in really well with the rest of the furniture. Any chance Polk come up with LSi11, triple woofs?
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2003
    Options
    There were also some other notables that just came to mind:

FXi50 (Open) Probably <$250 is what was said to me
    Atrium 45 (Open) Unknown, but can find out
    Sennheiser HD590 (Boxed) $70, I believe they were

I will check on interconnects tomorrow, they stock all MC brand. I noticed a open box MC power conditioner....3500 MKII in a cart....

It is really quite crazy what they have in their and the prices. I wish I had a camera to show you guys. Its probably going quick so get back to me with what you are interested in, I don't want to go down there too many times....I might buy something I shouldn't :)
  • polkatese
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    I don't want to go down there too many times....I might buy something I shouldn't :)

doro, could you get the 15, set them in your living room, hook 'em with your Sony, enjoy 'em and I'll get it off you in six months or so...(there, now you can get 'em and blame it on me) ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2003
    Options
    LOL

Yea, the wife would just love that excuse. Should I use that before or after she cuts off my ****? :D

I am truly struck by the oddness of this sale, its almost like I am walking into Resident Evil....I will pick up a couple pairs of Senn HD580's just on principle alone.....LSi7's are looking like female sex organs I swear.....

That place is PURE evil right now.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Hmmm, might have to swing by the GI here in Dallas this weekend.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,058
    edited August 2003
    Options
    ATC,
    E mail me....There might be something for you............
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • acdds
    acdds Posts: 253
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I might be interested in the FXi50's if they are in good shape. Do you know the condition and the price for certain?
    Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2003
    Options
    acdds - They are sold. They were gone today when I went back.
  • acdds
    acdds Posts: 253
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Thanks anyway! I appreciate you checking it out!
    Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Well, I stopped by the GI here in Dallas. They didn't have much. One of their demo rooms was completely out of operation. There were two salesman at the register more interested in their conversation than helping customers. I ended up listening a center channel from Canton priced at $340 that sound like a POS. Yikes! Amazing how some companies can expect to sell something when their store is in shambles.

As for Polk, they had a couple of CSi20's for $125.