Music Rig speakers setup help need (4 x Rti38 vs 2 X LSi 9/7)

Options
malikarshad
malikarshad Posts: 527
edited August 2003 in Speakers
Hi Guys,
I'm currently setting up another speaker system to be used with my pc and mainly for music. I have connect the digital out of my audigy sound card to receiver.
I have currently hooked up like this
Fronts - Rti 38's
Center - none (do i need one? if yes CSi40 or CSi30)
Surrounds - Rti' 38's
Sub - SVS 20-39pci
Receiver - JVC RX-8020

I was thinking of changing it to 2 channel with Lsi 9/7 hooked to SVS 20-39pci.
I guess the cost of both setup should be equivalent as I have spend $450 on four Rti38's + $220 on Receiver = $670.
Please give your input whether I should go for 2 channel with LSi9/7 OR stick with the Rti38 setup. I've never heard the LSi 9/7 so I cannot decide.
BTW I'm still waiting for my pb2+ for my HT. When that comes I'll use my 20-39 pci for music rig.

Speakers=>Salk Soundscape 8, Soundscape Center,Surrounds-Dali Rubicon LCR, Lsi7
PreAmp, Amp => Marantz AV8801, ATI 6007 amp, Oppo HA-1 DAC
Source => Sonore MicroRendu, Oppo BDP-103, Mede8er 600XD, Dune HD Smart D1, Synology DS1813+(16TB)
Sub - JTR Captivator S2 (Dual 18")
Power - Furman IT-Ref20i on dedicated 30Amp circuit with Furutech GTX-R outlet
Screen=> JVC RS-45 projector Da-Lite HP 133" 2.35
Post edited by malikarshad on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Unless you're upgrading from the JVC to seperates, I suggest sticking with your RTi set up. Why don't you add the LSi to your HT? Maybe an external amp for the mains after the speakers.

Maurice
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited August 2003
    Options
    your useing that setup for your pc? seems like alittle over kill?
    what do you use the pc for? 2 channel rig is a good idea, but full surround on a pc, and you already have a deticated HT, not sure i follow
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • malikarshad
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by faster100
    your useing that setup for your pc? seems like alittle over kill?
    what do you use the pc for? 2 channel rig is a good idea, but full surround on a pc, and you already have a deticated HT, not sure i follow
    I use my pc mainly for gaming & music. I have logitech Z560(4.1) system but after builiding up my HT system I did not enjoy it anymore. The sound seemed to weak. So I decided to try out some Polk speakers & that really make a big difference in sound quality. Since I had a 4.1 setup with Z560 i connected 4 speakers and I also tried 2 speakers but 4 Rti38 sounded the best.
    Last night I tried my center CSi40 from my HT to my computer rig & that sounded even better. But I'm not sure if Csi40 would be an overkill for this setup.
    Originally posted by organ
    Unless you're upgrading from the JVC to seperates, I suggest sticking with your RTi set up. Why don't you add the LSi to your HT? Maybe an external amp for the mains after the speakers.
    Maurice
    Maurice good idea but its too late now and no $$$ to spend. Would have considered if CircuitCity had LSi's. In my area here in TwinCities, MN there is no dealer I'm aware of that carries LSi's.

Source => Sonore MicroRendu, Oppo BDP-103, Mede8er 600XD, Dune HD Smart D1, Synology DS1813+(16TB)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2003
    Options
    That is a nice setup, yea the CSi40 is overkill for the computer, IMO.

I found that the real speakers route on computer audio is outstanding. Especially with a high-speed sound card. I have the Audigy, and it is great.

It sounds like that kind of setup is what you like, so go for it with the RTi38's and add a CSi30. Turn the game on a get your guns blazing, :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • malikarshad
    edited August 2003
    Options
    More photots

• malikarshad
    edited August 2003
    Options
    More photos

• malikarshad
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    That is a nice setup, yea the CSi40 is overkill for the computer, IMO.

I found that the real speakers route on computer audio is outstanding. Especially with a high-speed sound card. I have the Audigy, and it is great.

It sounds like that kind of setup is what you like, so go for it with the RTi38's and add a CSi30. Turn the game on a get your guns blazing, :)
    Thanks for you input dorokusai:)
    I got the CSi30 today from the Circuit City and they sound great. You were right CSi40 is an overall kill.
    I really luv my rig now. Its sounds awesome with Polk Rti & Audigy.
    Thanks for all your input and help