Oklahoma gathering?

BrettT1
BrettT1 Posts: 560
edited December 2009 in Gatherings & Special Events
I was wondering if any Polk people would like to get together for some tunes/food/drink in Oklahoma. I'd like to have some folks over on a weekend sometime. Just seeing if anyone would be interested. I'm in Enid.
Post edited by BrettT1 on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2009
    Where about are you in OK? I do have to get out there some time.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited June 2009
    Good on ya' for stepping up to the plate!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BrettT1
    edited June 2009
    Well, I imagine the gathering won't happen because I live in Hicksville. lol. I thought I'd offer to see if anyone was near. You're all welcome. Also, I'd love to hear a tube amp on my SDAs.
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited June 2009
    Looks like Enid is north of OKC. ABout 4 hours north of Dallas.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • BrettT1
    edited June 2009
    It's closer to 5 hours north of Dallas, thsmith. If a few folks want to come I'd be more than happy to entertain.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited June 2009
    Yes Enid is out in the middle of nowhere. I live in OKC and Dallas is about 3.5hr from here. I wonder if my dad would like to do this too - he got me into A/V and has run the gamut with Polk gear.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited June 2009
    Depending when a couple of us from North Texas could make it.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • nguyendot
    edited June 2009
    I run to Dallas all the time. I hate the traffic. But IKEA and Frys make it worth it. I need to stop by some high end stores while I'm down there too, Oklahoma has nothing for high end except Contemporary Sounds.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

• John30_30
    John30_30 Posts: 1,024
    edited June 2009
    Enid's a straight shot up I-35, turn left for 20 or so miles, about an hour & a half from OKC. I must have seen at least a dozen redtail hawks on fenceposts along Hw64 going into town last time I went there. Big old sassy birds made a comeback since farmers quit shooting them.
  • nguyendot
    edited June 2009
    The last time i went to Enid, I said the same thing as going to Lawton - that I'd never do it again :)
    Main Surround -

• Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited June 2009
    Depending on the weekend count me in.

I knows no ones here. :(

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • BrettT1
    edited June 2009
    Poee7R wrote: »

Dave

I don't really know anyone, either, so don't worry about that. Just wondering if I'd have any takers.? Want to make sure at least a few could make it before I set a date.

Brett
  • John30_30
    edited June 2009
    nguyendot wrote: »
    The last time i went to Enid, I said the same thing as going to Lawton - that I'd never do it again :)

Well that's kinda rude, podner. It's not like OKC is the Big Apple or something. :rolleyes:

Poee7R wrote: »

Dave

Same here, basically.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2009
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Good on ya' for stepping up to the plate!

Hear hear!!!
  • nguyendot
    edited June 2009
    It's not that it's horrible (well, Lawton was pretty bad), but the drive sucks! I hate those boring drives. Theres nothing on the way except cops you definitely don't ever want to meet. I got pulled over on the way from Lawton about 5 miles out for going the speed limit (cruise control, and I was on the clock... no need to speed, the more time I take the more I get paid).

He told me I was going 8 over..heh. Even my passenger saw how fast I was going.

Anyways, the drives are soooo boring!
    Main Surround -

• Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited June 2009
    Brett,

I live in North Texas, but I spend a lot of time working in different places in OK. (This week is Ardmore & Tulsa). I will definately drop by if I'm in the area on the date you set.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • John30_30
    edited June 2009
    nguyendot wrote: »
    It's not that it's horrible (well, Lawton was pretty bad), but the drive sucks! I hate those boring drives.
    Anyways, the drives are soooo boring!

Dude. In a music forum? I mean granted, all I've got in my car is the stock Bose system as of yet, but....Dude?

Besides, those are pretty drives, easy traffic. 20 miles west of Lawton, you're in Comanche country. You can still feel it.
  • nguyendot
    edited June 2009
    In the summer its all burnt brown grass down there. Well, everywhere. Nothing for miles.

Music only goes so far when its a boring drive. Luckily when I went I had a friend with me.

Tulsa is a prettier drive IMHO.
    Main Surround -

• BrettT1
    edited June 2009
    Welp, sorry guys. Not enough takers and too much talk about boring drives. I guess I'll just have to enjoy the sweet sound of my 1.2TLs all by myself for a while longer.;)

I'll try again when the weather cools down a bit. Thanks to the guys that showed a little interest!

Take it easy.

Brett
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited July 2009
    I little late of a reply, but I have been out of the country. I was hoping for a gathering for the Oklahoma/Texas areas. The drive from Dallas to OKC is not bad at all, 2.5 - 3 hours. I go back and forth almost weekly, hell I am heading back to OKC in a couple hours. It would be cool to meet up with local polkies! I need to visit Audio Dimensions anyhow...

Halen
  • nguyendot
    edited July 2009
    Audio dimensions... LOL

what was the place that used to be next to it? Contemporary sounds? :)
    Main Surround -

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2009
    that's to bad BrettT1, sounds like it would have been a really good time. I don't like long drives either.. but for a get together within driving distance I'd suck it up and make the trip if was ever was near me.

I drove once to Boise from Spokane.. that's about 8+ hours... so it can be done folks.

What can me more fun that getting together with a bunch of other Polkies and sharing some tunes, food and good times?

Maybe at another date things will work out.. but good for you BrettT1 for trying to organize something.

The rest of you can all suck it!

have a nice day! :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited July 2009
    Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
    And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet
    When the wind comes right behind the rain.
    Oklahoma, Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
    Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
    Makin' lazy circles in the sky.
  • KASR
    KASR Posts: 450
    edited December 2009
    Resurrecting this thread - fellow Okie here! I also work a few peeps that would love to get together and discuss all things beer....errr...audio! :D
  • nguyendot
    edited December 2009
    lol who knows. its cold outside so everyone can be inside listening....
    Main Surround -

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited December 2009
    NoLeImmurem from Bulgaria, I do not mean to be rude, but what are you talking about? ET's place or PG's wedding? WTF are you talking about? Are you coherent? Or does this get together require holding people for ransom?

Halen