Mr_Nitro Posts: 10
    edited June 2009
    somebody

. . . . .
  • Mr_Nitro
    Mr_Nitro Posts: 10
    edited June 2009
    in this damn forum.

ahh. that should do it. damn these rules. I thought the internet was about freedom

sorry for the double combo
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2009
    Why would you want to PM anyone in this damn forum?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited June 2009
    .....and thank you for F'n up a legit thread for your greed and apparent lack of respect. Asshat.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2009
    Mr_Nitro wrote: »
    in this damn forum.

ahh. that should do it. damn these rules. I thought the internet was about freedom

sorry for the double combo
    Take a hike Jackass...

Anyone want to suggest a meeting place?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited June 2009
    I have a date set of Saturday, June 27th for a Rockford Audio Society get together at my place. I am unable to host a large get together at this time. Due to work and parent care issues, it will only be a one day thing with ~10-12 people. I am doing a head count of Rockford Audio Society members that will attend. I am located near I80/I55, West of Joliet, IL.

So far, Noel, John, messiah and concealer have expressed interest. It would be mostly two channel with my stuff, Polk SDA CRS+, Monitor 7's with Peerless tweets, and who knows what else. Most times we have more gear than we can get to in a day. Vinyl and digital are both enjoyed and respected here. The surround setup may be where the wife goes to escape, so that could be off limits.;)
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited June 2009
    I doubt anyone would be interested in me bringing any of my stuff, but on the offchance, let me know, i'll bring anything i can fit in my car.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2009
    I can bring my Sunfire and perhaps my Denon...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited June 2009
    Count me in as a definite maybe.:)

I don't have much in the way of gear to bring. I'd offer up my Peerless 7A's, but Rich already has a pair, so there wouldn't be much of a point...lol
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2009
    I'd love to meet up with some local polkies! I'd even bring chips n salsa :D
    Just let me know!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2009
    Mr_Nitro wrote: »

. . . . .

...#2.. and y'all thought I was bad.......
  • lightman1
    edited June 2009
    treitz3 wrote: »
    .....and thank you for F'n up a legit thread for your greed and apparent lack of respect. Asshat.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program........
    **** Erectus.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2009
    I wonder if I can talk Al into this one.....hmmmm
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • lightman1
    edited June 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I wonder if I can talk Al into this one.....hmmmm

Di(k
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited July 2009
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited July 2009
    I asked you guys to photo shop me into the pics! Sorry I missed this one, I know you guys had a good time. I've been to Rich's before and he's a gracious host.

Again I urge all polkies that live close to each other to have these get togethers. The RAS does it every few months and it's always a great time!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2009
    For some reason I cannot see the pics, they are blank with the little x box....

anyway, glad you guys did your thing, I really do want to make one of these.

RT1
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited July 2009
    looks like a fun time...